Warts...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:41 pm    Post subject: Warts... Reply with quote

Security guard blasts off his own finger with a shotgun while trying to remove a WART!
15th June 2011

A security guard came up with a bizarre remedy to remove a wart - he shot off his finger with a shotgun. Sean Murphy, 38, from Doncaster, had seen his GP repeatedly about the problem and also tried a variety of traditional ointments and creams. But when the persistent wart refused to disappear, he opted for the firepower of a 12-bore Beretta he claimed he had found under a hedge a few months earlier.

His technique successfully removed the wart - along with most of the middle finger of his left hand. And the solution also landed Murphy in court this week for illegal possession of a firearm. After leaving Doncaster Magistrates' Court with a suspended 16-week prison sentence, Murphy said: 'I'm happy with that. I know I could have gone to jail for up to 15 years for a firearms offence. My solicitor did a very good job. The best thing is that the wart has gone. It was giving me lot of trouble.'

Murphy was employed as a security officer at Markham Grange Nurseries in Doncaster at the time of the incident in March, but has since lost his job. He had suffered with the irritating wart on the joint closest to the tip of his middle finger for more than five years. He said he drank several pints of beer to build up his courage before carrying out the operation outside the caravan where he was living at the time. He stretched out his left hand, pointing the end of the barrel at an angle to the offending wart, and used his other hand to hold the stock steady and pull the trigger. But he was unable to hold the weapon firmly when it recoiled and pellets took off most of his finger.

'I didn't expect to lose my finger as well when I shot it but the gun recoiled and that was it,' Murphy said. 'The wart was gone and so was most of my finger. There was nothing left of it, so no chance of re-attaching it.'

Mr Murphy pleaded guilty to theft of the shotgun by finding, and possessing it without a valid firearms certificate. The shotgun had been stolen in a 2009 burglary but Murphy told police he had found it under a hedge near his workplace earlier this year. His lawyer, Richard Haigh, said Murphy 'has been a victim of his own stupidity when domestic pressures got to him'. Murphy was also ordered to complete 100 hours of unpaid community work and pay costs of £100.

-------------------

Talk about giving medical science the finger...
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chucklehead....
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing I just posted this in the news section then deleted it when I saw you beat me to it!

What an idiot this guy is!
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are no words!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: