2010 - 2011 National Hockey League: Pucks!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing to both face and eefan!
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Too funny, face!
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rangers have prevailed today, but it's a long uphill battle. Stranger things have happened! Fingers are crossed!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Game 3 tonight...GO BOLTS!!
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go Rangers! Tie it up baby!!! cheerleader cheerleader game game we need a hockey smiley. lol
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We we took it to a 2nd overtime, but the Pens are up 3-1 in the series. I am not giving up hope, but it doesn't look good. Hopefully we can do the business in Pittsburgh!
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Kezza, my Rangers are off to start their golf games. Hats off to the Caps as they played hard, and it showed. I wish them luck on their quest for the Cup. As long as an East Coast wins it, I'm happy! lol :-D
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the graceful congrats, Pirty. Caps dominated today -- they really know how to get in Lundquist's head. And the icing on the cake - my "fave" Ranger, Sean Avery, got thrown out (yes, there were only seconds left, but still.... he's such a dirty player -- well, ya'll know how I feel about him)!!

Now the Caps are awaiting to see who the next opponent will be .... but at least we made it through to the next round and, thanks to an afternoon of celebrating, I will have the hangover tomorrow to prove it!!! Laughing Laughing

@ Spurs: Your Lightning really handed it to the Pens -- nice one!!! The score was shown on the Jumbotron at the Verizon Center (Caps Home Ice) and the crowd cheered!
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Kez, we showed them what for on Saturday, now let's hope that we can do the same tomorrow. I don't know that we can get much further, but....every game is icing on the cake! And the Caps fans were cheering in hopes of getting us in the next round!! Laughing
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Bolts! You have defeated the mighty Penguins!
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, well, well.....who woulda thunk it?? Not me, that's for sure. I thought for sure when we were down 3-1 in the series that we were done for....I think the Pens thought that and all...Now we march on Washington! Ready, Kez? Laughing
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay Bolts for winning the first game!!! I gotta root for the Bolts, since they are my second hometown(current). lol
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After all of the wedding hoopla of yesterday (I got up at 3:45 to start watching at 4 - say what you will, but I enjoyed myself and that is what counts!) and working all day, I feel asleep about a nanosecond into the game!! I am glad we won though and we are looking forward to games here at home on Tuesday and Wednesday!
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpursFan1902 wrote:
Yeah, Kez, we showed them what for on Saturday, now let's hope that we can do the same tomorrow. I don't know that we can get much further, but....every game is icing on the cake! And the Caps fans were cheering in hopes of getting us in the next round!! Laughing

Oh Lawd, oh Lawd, oh Lawd a mercy!!!

Yes, the fans at the Verizon Centre (Capitals Home Ice) DID cheer when the Bolts-Pens score was shown on the Jumbotron during Round 1 -- but dadgummit -- we (Caps fans) were hoping to get the Sabres and now........

Oh Lawd, oh Lawd, oh Lawd a mercy!!!

I was out of town and attended neither "Round 2 Game 1" nor "Round 2 Game 2". Since I'm unemployed and have time on my hands (& heaps of "frequent flier miles"), I was invited to visit friends in sunny Los Angeles. A no-cost holiday away from the job-hunting stress, right?

So here's where I had a controversial moment:

Sunday, 1 May 2011: Flight from LA departs at 4:00 pm (16:00) Pacific Time and arrives in DC at 11:40 pm (23:40) Eastern Time. As the plane lands in Virginia and we're pulling up to the gate, the pilot announces that (1) Bin Laden is dead and (2) the Caps lost to the Lightning again. So I reflexively shout, "OH NOOOOOOO!" only to meet the DROP-DEAD GLARES of my fellow passengers!! Ooops!! Embarassed

I found myself quickly explaining, "NO - NO - NO! I'm upset about the Capitals loss -- not the "other thing!!!"

Oh Lawd, oh Lawd, oh Lawd a mercy!!! ouch
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Sorry for laughing at your "controversial moment" Kez, but how funny!! I am sorry to have missed that one! Tee Hee... Game 3 tonight here at the Forum. Big game. I have the day off, so I will be heading over early to see what kind of stuff they have going on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 5 of 13

Jump to: