2010 - 2011 National Hockey League: Pucks!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:42 am    Post subject: 2010 - 2011 National Hockey League: Pucks!! Reply with quote

So how are the NHL fans doing on the Couch this season?

Things have sure changed up this season -- the Southeast division in particular is no longer the 'cake-walk' it was for the Washington Capitals as in past seasons.

As we're in the final months approaching the playoffs -- no matter what happens, we Caps fans in D.C. are still revelling in the Winter Classic Win -- absolutely amazing!! We were so happy that the Pittsburgh Pengwhines fans had their "terrible towels" to dry their tears! Laughing Cool

On SuperBowl Saturday, Pittsburgh went 0-2: first a loss to the Capitals in DC (yup, I was there) and then the loss to Green Bay in the Superbowl.

Gee, am I coming across as a bit biased against Pittsburgh sports fans? Well, come to a game in DC and you'll see why......

Anywhoo -- would love to chat with other Hockey fans!

Cheers,
Kez
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gloatin' is the best part of being a fan, it comes with the territory! Laughing Laughing Ya gotta gloat when ya can! Laughing Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Bolts are quietly 1st in the Southeast and second in the East. Ssshhhh...nobody notices...they will when playoffs come 'round!! We played the hated Flyers on Tuesday and gave it to them in a shoot out and we play the Red Wings tonight. Hope we do better against them. Our new ownership is going above and beyond. With the exception of a new logo (which I HATE), they are doing all the right things. Let's hope they keep it up. We can also proudly say we have the number one scorer in the league in our own young Mr. Steven Stamkos. Love that kid...
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Spurs, Tampa Bay is NOT going unnoticed here in DC! Like I said, the SE Division is really heating up! The Carolina Hurricanes have caused the Caps some considerable hurt as well.

Do you still have your season tickets? It always bums me out when I watch an "Away" game in the Southern US and the arena is half-empty .... whereas the further north you go, it's usually a sellout.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't seen that many games this year.......... wish I could go to one sometime, but it's harder than hell to get Leaf's tickets (the closest team).
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do still have my tickets...they will have to pry them out of my cold dead hands!! We lost big to Detroit last night and it looked like a home game for them in the Joe! Red everywhere...someday we will win that game!
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EEFan - you mentioned last year that Leafs tickets were difficult to obtain -- well, if you're ever in DC, I'd be happy to offer my pair of Caps-Leafs tickets! Because of the Embassy and all of the international stuff here, the Canadian teams always produce heaps of ex-pat supporters. In fact, I'm going to an Edmonton game next week.

Spurs -- good on ya for renewing your season tix! The Caps and the Lightning play so often that I'm sure we'll have lots to look forward to.

Pirty -- Please pardon my ignorance if I'm incorrect, but you're a Rangers fan, right? Well, the Rangers will be here on Friday for what I'm sure will be a great game. And we get another crack at New York on Tuesday, 1 March, when the Islanders come to town.

Geez, if the Caps lose to the Islanders, I will seriously be depressed .....

But hey -- Caps beat Pittsburgh AGAIN last Monday -- WOOT!
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the new ownership, we are getting great incentives to renew...price freeze for next season, discounts on playoff tickets if we should get that far, a jersey with the new logo that has a chip in the sleeve with all of our STH discounts....all we have to do is run the sleeve over the reader to get our discounts. They are redoing the inside of the St Pete Times Forum...every seat will be new and they are building a 2nd story to our plaza outside...like a huge balcony. They are putting A LOT of money into the team and it seems to be smart money, so, even with a logo I don't like (although they did make some changes based on fan response), I am ALL IN (our tag line this season - Are You All In?).
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kez...... if I'm ever in DC, I'll take you up on that offer Smile
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big win last night over NJ. That was the last game of a 12 game(!) home stand. I love my Lightning, but it is SO time for them to be on the road! Back to 2nd in the East. Philly needs to start losing!
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, serve me up some humble pie..... Embarassed

NY Rangers totally shut out the Caps 6-0 in our own building. It was painful to watch, but on the bright side, I had sold my tickets & made a tidy profit!! Laughing Which is helpful since I'm unemployed at the moment! So I had the luxury of wallowing in the misery of such a terrible drubbing in the comfort of my own home. At least the Caps bested the NY Islanders tonight .....

All that matters to me now is making the playoffs .... As we've seen before, a team starts with a clean slate in the playoffs and anything can happen (referring to the underdog Montreal Canadiens last year, for example).

Kezza wrote:
Pirty -- Please pardon my ignorance if I'm incorrect, but you're a Rangers fan, right? Well, the Rangers will be here on Friday for what I'm sure will be a great game. And we get another crack at New York on Tuesday, 1 March, when the Islanders come to town.

Geez, if the Caps lose to the Islanders, I will seriously be depressed .....
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@eefan: Seriously happy to do it -- it's a shame that you have to travel to another city to see your home team, but hey, you do what you gotta do, eh? thumbs

eefanincan wrote:
Thanks Kez...... if I'm ever in DC, I'll take you up on that offer Smile
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Lightning have had both sides of that drubbing recently. We lost 6-1 to the Red Wings but beat the Coyotes 8-3. It has certainly been roller coaster ride this season! If you have to endure it, you are right, Kez, your own couch is much preferable to the hard cold seats of the ice rink!
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a big fan of my New York Rangers, but I have to be honest and say I've not been following hockey at all this season. I've kind of been wrapped up in my own world at the moment, but I did watch some of a game in my livingroom a couple of weeks ago and must say it looks fabulous on my tv. Sharp and crisp. I should get back in the groove and start watching again. I'll cheer on the Bolts as long as they aren't playing my Rangers! LOL!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if anyone saw the Leafs game last night.... they should have won that one. I didn't see it all though as I was at work - but managed to pop in and out of patient rooms periodically to catch a glimpse. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 1 of 13

Jump to: