George and Karl on drugs this Friday (17/12/2010)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Colston

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:27 pm    Post subject: George and Karl on drugs this Friday (17/12/2010) Reply with quote

Anyone else unable to see where Karl was wound up or being vicious and venomous as a result of having a changed mind. Laughing

IMO Karl presents a balanced and coherent argument on the drugs problem.

GG also introduced a straw man of Karl focussing on the drugs issue rather than the Jodi /Littlejohn one inferring that Karl was a lesser man because of this choice.

He seems unable to argue this point sensibly without resorting to a Puritan stance. Other callers providing sensible arguments were equally dismissed.

The Karl convesation is round about 51 mins in Face's recording.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, I had another listen to that last night and there's nothing that Karl said which was antagonistic at all.

GG made some comment about Karl not focussing on the Jody McIntyre case, which was pish too, because the show had drugs as one of the main subjects.
Stone

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never agreed with GG's stance on drugs.

Karl gave him a gentle prod regarding his views on this subject and it sounded like GG was more than a tad over sensitive.

A bit odd given that they have discussed this a few time and GG knows where Karl stands.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something that bothered me was that he said legalisation had become a reasonable topic because Bob Ainsworth and the other tory had said so... that was a very strange approach to take.

And not to mention him saying that the Daily Mail is a reputable newspaper!
modern

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the whole, The Mail is quite a reactionary rag, but at times can be a mix bag, with the likes of Lauren Booth writing columns for it...
joepiano

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GG is very different on this new show - but, I still feel that I have to give him a break - due to all the crap he takes for his support of Palestinians. All the interviews he gave in the Canadian media were so skewed against him.

I can not, for the life of me, understand his drug policy ideas...and Karl was not at all rude, nor even antagonistic - strong, yes...thankfully! I am certain that they will remain friends...I certainly hope so!
johrae

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GG was a bit ruff with Carl. May I suggest he's not getting his Nat King Cole enough and took out his rage on poor Carl who I thought made perfect sense. Maybe with a clear head George you'll apologize to Carl soon...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: