Woman finds 'God's water' gurgling from tree
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Videos, pics, audio, jokes, lists etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus Christ appears in student's frying pan
A student from Lancashire is convinced that a kitchen nightmare brought him face to face with Jesus Christ in his frying pan.
March 12th 2010

Toby Elles says he was frying some bacon after a boozy night but fell asleep with the hob on. If it wasn’t for holy smoke filling the room, the slumbering bank worker might never have woken up. He quickly turned the heat off and lifted the food – to find a slightly crispy Christ staring back at him, complete with distinctive flowing locks, beard and gentle gaze. There is also a crown of thorns but we think that may have been added with a few deft strokes of a spatula.

‘My housemates and I had a few beers earlier in the evening. I thought I would snack before going to bed and, as it was cooking, I decided to take a rest on the couch,’ said Mr Elles, of Salford, Lancashire. ‘When I woke up about an hour later the room was full of smoke. If it wasn’t for the smoke of the bacon burning this onto the pan it could have been a very bad situation, perhaps someone’s looking over me,’ Mr Elles mused.

But he has vowed not to clean up the resulting Messiah, preferring to keep it as a memento. ‘It’s become quite a talking point. I have even thought I might get a glass cabinet to put it in,’ he added.

--------------------

Probably the best fake yet!
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you were Jesus Christ, wouldn't you pick a better place to show your face than the bottom of a fryingpan???
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ET spotted on a fence in Lincolnshire
It looks like E.T didn’t go home after all – he’s shown up on a fence at a Lincolnshire home.

Jackie Wollaston was washing up at her home in Gainsborough when she spotted the alien shaped image in her garden. "I couldn't believe it when I saw it," said an amazed Jackie, ""This shape just appeared in the wood, and it looked just like E.T. When my son came downstairs he pointed out a similar shape a bit further down. He says one is a girl, and one is a boy but I'm not sure how he can tell!."

The shapes on the fencing, which was put up six months ago, suddenly appeared after a recent thunderstorm. "It was quite strange suddenly seeing it there. I suppose it must be something to do with the wood being affected by the water, " Jackie added.

----------------

Smile
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus Christ 'appears' on a drainpipe in Coventry
Is this the Second Plumbing? We're guessing not, but Jesus has apparently appeared on a drainpipe... in Coventry.

Is this really Jesus in the drains? Is this really Jesus in the drains? We all know that the Lord likes to make his presence felt, be it on a naan bread, in a chip pan or even on Google maps, but now it seems he's taken to the drainpipes of suburbia as well.

Nurse Alex Cotton, 38, returned home from a football match with friends when the holy son decided to make his entrance. While chatting in the garden, eagle-eyed Cotton noticed the mysterious smudge, noticing that ‘It’s got his crown of thorns and beard,’. We're not entirely sure it's the son of God (it's not), but talk to us after an afternoon's drinking while watching the football and we may well change our minds.

Cotton has even invited the Pope to visit the scene of Jesus' latest apparition, though we imagine his holiness will probably give this one a miss on his next tour of the UK.

--------------------

the second plumbing? Laughing laugh
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus found in chicken's feathers
Jesus, not content with just appearing in Marmite, a frying pan and a drain pipe, has now been spotted in a chicken's feathers.

If you squint, tilt your head to one side, and stand rougly 3ft away, you can make out the face of Jesus in Gloria's feathers. Sort of.

Owner Mitchell Grainger, 25, spotted the face of Christ in a photo of his pet chicken having a dust bath. Grainger told Halesowen News: 'I literally said ‘Jesus Christ’ when I saw the picture. The face of Jesus is clear to see and when I showed my mom she even pointed out the ring of thorns.'

Gloria, of Rowley Regis, West Midlands, obviously has someone watching over her, after miraculously escaping a vicious fox attack. 'It is strange that it would appear on Gloria because not long ago she was the only chicken out of 20 that wasn’t killed by a fox. She was standing on the step when he came and miraculously wasn’t touched' Grainger added. That's why we called her Gloria, after Gloria Gaynor’s song I Will Survive.'

----------------
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Muslim family believe they have been blessed by a 'miracle' - after a divine message appeared in a salad tomato. Noreen Khan of Park Lane found the Arabic letters for Allah spelt out in the veins of the tomato
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Devil' appears in bathroom tile
A ‘devil’ image has appeared on a bathroom tile causing house owner Andrea Csrefko to ‘scream and run’.

The appearance of the Satan image has left her family fearing that the bathroom in their Budapest home has been possessed by the forces of evil. Husband Laszlo, 52, had renovated the room at great expense, fitting it with a heavenly new bath, shower and tiles – but it’s made life hell.

Forty-seven-year-old Mrs Csrefko spotted the terrifying horned image after her first shower. She told The Sun: ‘I was naked coming out of the shower and I could suddenly see his eyes staring into me. I just screamed and ran.’ Laszlo added: ‘We can't clean it off and it wasn't there when we put the tiles up. It just appeared overnight and nothing can move it. The room is always ice cold no matter how high we turn the heating up and we've just stopped using it because it's too spooky. We wash in the sink downstairs now.’

It looks like getting rid of the image is a job too big for Flash – the Hungarian couple are summoning an exorcist to flush the evil spirits from their lavatory tiling.

-------------------

An exorcist? I'd call a tiler!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this the Devil in a fire - or Disco Stu?
When firefighters in Australia looked at this training fire, they were astonished to see a spooky face in the flames. But is it the Devil himself? Or, as we suspect, is it Disco Stu?

The fire was started as part of a training excercise in Katherine, near the city of Darwin, in Australia's Northern Territory. Firefighters took pictures of the blaze - and were amazed to see the face appear in one of the images.

Job Network Service organiser Emma Branigan - who received the photo last month from the fire crew - said: ‘It's pretty amazing. The men were taking photos around RAAF Base Tindal, Katherine... and one man happened to capture this one-off image. The men all thought that there was definitely something spooky about the unknown face amongst the flames.’

But is the face unknown? As regular readers of these pages will know, faces appearing in unexpected places generally get attributed to either the Devil or Jesus. But we think we've identified who the mysterious apparition really is. It's Disco Stu from The Simpsons:

The Devil...... or Disco Stu?

We think you'll agree that the picture evidence above is pretty conclusive on the matter. Stuart 'Disco Stu' Anderson is clearly manifesting in occult, eldritch ways in Northern Australia, in a demonic attempt to spread his love of mid-Seventies dance music to the local populace. Case closed.

-----------------

Laughing
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cancer patient sees Jesus in MRI scan
A cancer patient has made a somewhat divine discovery after supposedly seeing the image of Jesus in an MRI scan.

Tammie Cohrs, from South Carolina, US, went into hospital to undergo an MRI scan, and admitted that prayer was her way of getting through it. She told Today's THV: 'As soon as they put me in there, I just started praying, and I just prayed, "Lord, just be with me."'

Cohrs, who suffers from oral cancer, was amazed to discover a familiar image when she picked up an image of the result days later. She explained: 'I was just kind of scrolling over it and all of a sudden, I just saw that, it just popped right out at me. 'I thought, "No way. I'm seeing something wrong. You can clearly see his (Jesus') eyes, his eyebrow, his nose, his mouth.'

Cohrs has used the peculiar discovery as evidence that Jesus was with her during the scan. 'I just think it's amazing,' she said. 'If it was just for me to remind me that, "Yes, I really was there with you," then that's enough. I don't care what anybody else thinks.'
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angel in a cloud...

I had to read the information about this pic before I had a clue what it was supposed to be... naff!
SquareEyes

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks more like a map of the UK to me...
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One Almighty statue: Poles build 167ft Jesus Christ to rival Rio's
6th November 2010

A Polish priest is on the verge of realising his dream of putting up what he says will be the world's largest statue of Jesus Christ in a small town in western Poland. The giant Jesus at 167ft - a couple of yards higher than the iconic Christ the Redeemer monument in Rio de Janeiro at 125ft - took two days to build as windy weather conditions prevented it being completed in one day. The torso of Jesus Christ remained topless over night as heavy winds prevented cranes from lifting the torso, arms and head onto the lower half of the robed white figure.

The project cost almost £900,000 with money donated from across the spectrum to fund the big idea. From business people to poor people wanting to make a contribution to the church, work on the statue finally began in 2008. But many Poles are embarrassed by the project which is the brainchild of priest, Rev. Sylwester Zawadzki. Maciej Czerniewski, a 45-year-old who runs a small store in the shopping center opposite said he is deeply embarrassed by it and accused the priest of 'megalomania'.

He said: 'In general I don't care about this project but I would prefer to be living in a normal country. We have bad roads, bad infrastructure but the most monuments in the world and now the biggest Jesus in the world.' But other town residents are thrilled by the new business they hope it will bring once believers in this deeply Roman Catholic country add it to their pilgrimage routes.

A 68-year-old retired biology teacher, Krystyna Skurzynska, who belongs to the priest's parish, said: 'My friends in Warsaw are making fun of this, but we are happy about it.' They also hope that many Germans - who tend to be much more secular than Poles - will visit simply out of curiosity since the border with Germany is only 45 miles away. Krystyna said she hopes it will stimulate the economy and return some old glory to Swiebodzin, a town of 22,000 that was, as she put it, 'a major town in the 13th century.'

The mayor, Dariusz Bekisz, also is a fan. 'The biggest statue of Jesus Christ in the world will be in Swiebodzin,' he said. 'People will come and leave some of their money behind.' He has little time for those mocking the project as excessively grandiose: 'When castles and the pyramids were built, there were always people who were laughing. But look at how many millions of people go to see such places and spend their money there now', he said.

The priest, Zawadzki, came up with his idea several years ago, though he imagined something much smaller in scale at first. With time, ambition grew for the man known around the town as 'the builder priest' thanks to churches and other projects he has carried out. Reports say that along the way, a bishop tried to halt the project and officials threatened to withdraw permission for it because of its enormous size. The elderly Zawadzki then had a heart attack.

He recovered and plans got back on track but in recent weeks there was a new setback: cranes were unable to mount the torso and head because of their massive weight. So they sent for a larger, more powerful crane, and had hoped to get the job done Friday. But powerful winds blew from the direction of Berlin, and it was too risky to attempt. Construction workers finally finished the almighty task on Saturday afternoon.

------------------

I've just seen Jesus in a field.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus Christ appears on rocking chair

Yep, the Messiah is back - this time his face has popped up on a wooden rocking chair. Of course, the Saviour’s face has been getting around a fair bit recently. We’ve already availed you of his face’s visit to an MRI scan, to some chicken feathers, Google Maps, a drainpipe, a Marmite lid and a student’s frying pan. Well now it’s the turn of a rocking chair in, appropriately, the City of Angels to host the holy visage.

The chair belongs to Lou Balducci, who lives in the Mission Viejo area of Los Angeles, and he was understandably taken aback. ‘When I first saw the image, I didn't know what to think. As I thought about it, I was thinking that maybe it was a sign of some kind. But not being overly religious, I was a little confused,’ he told NBCLA. ‘We showed it to our housekeeper and she said it was a sign that our house and our family was being blessed. …My in-laws are very religious and also believe that it is a blessing.’

Praise be indeed.

----------------------

I wonder if he needed to get off his rocker to see Jesus?
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Virgin Mary' spotted in cliff face by startled tourist

A holidaymaker was stunned when she took a photograph of a craggy coastline and captured this spooky image - of the Virgin Mary. The hooded figure is seen holding her arms out-stretched in a cradling action sheltered beneath rocks at Newquay's Western Beach, Cornwall.

Caroline and Stephen Gray were walking along the coastline on Valentine's Day when they stopped to pose for a series of holiday snaps. But Caroline, 38, was speechless when the couple returned home and studied the digital camera to spot a clear image of the Virgin Mary, which she insists was not present when she took the picture. And now the receptionist, from Chester, Cheshire, believes the photo could spark a rush of worshippers to flock to the coastal resort to catch a glimpse of the religious icon.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Face of Jesus appears on tea towel

It's well known that cleanliness is up there next to Godliness, but Roisin McCourt wasn't expecting Jesus to pop out of her washing machine load. Dance teacher Ms McCourt was shocked when she saw the unusual brown stain, which shows what seem to be the facial features of a long-haired, bearded man. Ms McCourt, 31, has since been mobbed with requests from believers wishing to make a pilgrimage to see the holy imprint.

The Coventry resident said: 'When I took it out I could not believe it. I could see it was Jesus straightaway. I took it to my husband and he agreed with me. I don't even know what the stain was made from I had not seen it before I had put it in the washing. She believes that she has received a sign from God after receiving the surprise. She said: 'I am Catholic but I am not extremely religious we don't go to mass every weekend but after finding this it has definitely made my faith stronger.'

Some of Ms McCourt's friends have said the image on the towel looks more like Elvis, but Ms McCourt is not convinced. 'I know some people will think it's crazy and I feel a bit silly saying it but I really believe that it is his face.' The strange thing is that I have started receiving calls from people asking me if they can come and see the tea towel. You never know, it could be Coventry's answer to the Turin Shroud,' she added. Another resident from Coventry, Alex Cotton, last year claimed to see Jesus' face on her drainpipe.

-----------

Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Videos, pics, audio, jokes, lists etc All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: