Fry and Laurie "reunion"...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:00 pm    Post subject: Fry and Laurie "reunion"... Reply with quote

A Bit More of Fry & Laurie Coming This Autumn
By Whitney Baker

Most folks know Hugh Laurie for his portrayal of grumpy-but-somehow-lovable Dr. Gregory House. The role, now in its sixth season, has won him two Golden Globe awards and two Screen Actors Guild awards for outstanding acting. But long before he was a cantankerous doctor proving that lupus is never the answer, the British (yes, British!) actor was a popular comedian who did a lot of work with all-around funny guy Stephen Fry.

BBC reports that the duo will reunite this fall on TV channel GOLD to reminisce about their friendship, careers and sketches. They met at Cambridge in 1980 and went on to work with each other in Jeeves and Wooster, A Bit of Fry and Laurie and Blackadder. The one-off reunion was already filmed at Eltham Palace, an Art Deco home built on the site of a royal residence in south-east London. “I am delighted to be given the opportunity to retread the 30 years Hugh and I have known each other and worked together,” Fry told BBC. “I hope GOLD viewers enjoy watching us grow older and older.”
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Comedy News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: