McCain picks female running mate - Sarah Palin
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ItzMeRon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this settles it:

LOL!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luke

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarah Palin hints at standing in 2012 as her new autobiography becomes instant bestseller

Former U.S. vice-presidential candidate Sarah Palin hinted she will run for the White House in 2012 as she returned to the centre of the political stage today.

The Republican ex-Governor of Alaska's new autobiography has become an instant bestseller, already topping the Amazon book sales charts.

Mrs Palin, 45, who famously likened herself to a pitbull with lipstick as she campaigned as John McCain's vice-presidential candidate against Barack Obama in last year’s election, also appeared on the Oprah Winfrey Show.

The author of Going Rogue refused to say outright that she would stand.

But today's book publication and media presence suggest that she is testing whether running as president would be a popular decision.

Former U.S. vice-presidential candidate Sarah Palin hinted she will run for the White House in 2012 in an appearance on Oprah

Palin opened up to Oprah about her family, her future and what went wrong during the election in the revealing TV interview broadcast in the U.S. yesterday

When asked whether she’d play a major role she replied that ‘if people will have me, I will’.

Yesterday on Oprah she said she’d rate President Barack Obama’s performance a four out of 10.

Mrs Palin, who stood down as Alaska governor in July, criticised the president for his handling of the economy and for ‘dithering’ on national security questions.

‘There are a lot of decisions being made that I - and probably the majority of Americans - are not impressed with right now,’ she said.

The title of Palin’s book refers to a phrase John McCain’s campaign used to describe his vice presidential running mate going off message.

In the book, she criticises the people who ran McCain’s campaign and says she wished she had been allowed to speak more freely.

She also told Barbara Walters, for an interview airing tonight: ‘My ambition, if you will, my desire is to help our country in whatever role that may be, and I cannot predict what that will be, what doors will be open in the year 2012.’

But she said hat the outcome probably would not have been different if she had.

‘The economy tanked,’ she said. ‘(The) electorate was ready, sincerely, for change.’

Palin said she’s gotten plenty of offers during the past few months, including to open up her family for a television reality show, that she has rejected.

She also said she wasn’t sure whether a talk show would be best for her family. ‘I’d probably rather write than talk,’ she said.

During her interview with Winfrey, which was taped last week, Palin said that it was heartbreaking to see the road that Levi Johnston, the father of her grandson, has taken and that the soon-to-be nude model for the Playgirl website hasn’t seen his baby in a while.

Mrs Palin and Ms Winfrey also talked about the controversy surrounding Palin’s possible appearance on the show last year.

The two women embraced as Palin walked onto the talk show stage.

The new memoir doesn’t mention Johnston, who has sparred repeatedly with his former mother-in-law-to-be.

Johnston and Palin’s daughter, Bristol Palin, are parents to son, Tripp, but the couple later broke up shortly after the baby’s birth.

When Ms Winfrey asked about Johnston, Mrs Palin said she didn’t think ‘a national television show is the place to discuss some of the things he’s doing and saying.’

But Mrs Palin went on to say she finds it ‘a bit heartbreaking to see the road that he is on right now’ and that ‘it’s not a healthy place to be.’

Bristol Palin and her son live at Mrs Palin’s home, she said, and have much family support.

‘(Johnston’s) quite busy with his media tours and he hasn’t seen the baby for a while,’ Palin said.

‘But we will let that be the discussion between Bristol and Levi as they work out their relationship.’

Mrs Palin also said Johnston remains a member of the family and that they can work out any troubles.

She said she prays for him and that he has an ‘open invitation’ to Thanksgiving dinner.

Ms Winfrey began the interview by asking Palin if she felt snubbed at not getting an invitation to her show last year.

Ms Winfrey said she didn’t have any candidates on her Chicago-based show during the campaign because of her support for President Barack Obama.

Mrs Palin said she didn’t feel snubbed and told Winfrey: ‘No offence to you, but it wasn’t the centre of my universe.’

from http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1228507/Sarah-Palin-hints-standing-2012-releases-best-selling-autobiography.html
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does she ever just give a straight answer to a question? Seems like she evades everything that's asked of her--- had to turn off this program because it was just too irritating.
luke

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

you can read the article here
juamei

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read something the other day saying she might be a judge on the next series of American Idol. Another reason never to watch it!
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, juamei! And she is wearing clip on earrings...if you can't even commit to pierced ears, how are you going to commit to the duties of political leader???? Clip ons, really??
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EXCLUSIVE (Update): Palin's Tea Party Crib Notes
(Huffpost)

Closer inspection of a photo of Sarah Palin, during a speech in which she mocked President Obama for his use of a teleprompter, reveals several notes written on her left hand. The words "Energy", "Tax" and "Lift American Spirits" are clearly visible. There's also what appears to read as "Budget cuts" with the word Budget crossed out.

Just to be clear: The notes most likely weren't for her speech, for which she used prepared remarks, but for the Q&A session that followed, during which she glanced at the hand in question. But in my opinion that's even worse. There were no specifics on there, just general concepts and things she supports.

The takeaway is that this presidential contender apparently can't remember her supposed core principles and needs a cheat-sheet when simply asked about her beliefs.

To quote Charlie Brown:

Good grief.

--------------

oof! Laughing

(avoiding all gaylord references, even though I thought it had to be photoshopped!)
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing she does surprises me anymore...
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched this episode the other night and thought it was pretty pish really. The way they played it was to have the girl being 'just like everyone else', which just seemed to be a very cheap get-out.
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not surprised she watches Family Guy....
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She can go fuck herself and get over it. The show tries to offend everyone. I don't see her stepping up when they go after others.
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing I agree. Awesome response!!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"That Down Syndrome Girl" fires back
"Family Guy" actress says Sarah Palin has no sense of humor
By Mary Elizabeth Williams
Feb 19, 2010

There's been hoo-hah galore this week over "Family Guy's" crass subplot featuring a Down Syndrome character whose mother is the "former governor of Alaska." And predictably, no one's been more vocal than the former Alaska governor and mother of a Down Syndrome child herself, Sarah Palin, who called the episode "a kick in the gut."

But the story took an interesting turn Thursday when the actress who voiced the "Family Guy" character, Andrea Fay Friedman, fired off an email to the New York Times defending the episode. Friedman, who has Down Syndrome, said, "I guess former Governor Palin does not have a sense of humor. I thought the line 'I am the daughter of the former governor of Alaska' was very funny. I think the word is 'sarcasm.' In my family we think laughing is good. My parents raised me to have a sense of humor and to live a normal life."

Speaking of senses of humor, as both Gawker and the Palingates blog were quick to point out, the Paper of Record somehow saw fit to excise the kicker from Friedman's missive – "My mother did not carry me around under her arm like a loaf of French bread the way former Governor Palin carries her son Trig around looking for sympathy and votes." Boom! Roasted!

See, that's actually pretty amusing, because the burn there is on Sarah Palin, not on a special needs kid. In a conversation with the Times that ran with her letter, Friedman elaborates, "I saw Sarah Palin with her son Trig. I'm like, 'I'm not Trig. This is my life.' I was making fun of Sarah Palin, but not her son. …. It's not really an insult. I was doing my role, I'm an actor. I'm entitled to say something. It was really funny. I was laughing at it."

What's humorous and what's just offensive are, of course, highly subjective matters. Andrea Fay Friedman doesn’t have to represent every person with 47 chromosomes. And if she's cool with playing a character cleverly described as "a special person's wettest dream " then more power to her. But considering how articulate and funny she apparently is, maybe the reliably witless "Family Guy" should consider bringing her back – as a writer.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
She can go fuck herself and get over it. The show tries to offend everyone. I don't see her stepping up when they go after others.

thumbs

Ultimately, if you don't like the show, or that kind of humour, don't watch it. It's not my cup of tea, but just as it said in the article, they're an equal opportunity offender, so where are you Sarah when others are being mocked?

I can't stand this woman.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

Jump to: