Entertainment News
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

these fucking maids these days, it's so hard to find good hired servant help! I guess dear ole Vicky showed the maid who's boss.

What a twat.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate it when the domestics take to long to complete assigned tasks...it throws my whole schedule off!! Laughing
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David Carradine has been found dead in a Bangkok hotel - found with a rope around his neck... though it might be auto-eroticism like with Michael Hutchence.
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reports are saying suicide, but at 74? Really? Unless he was terminally ill (which isn't being reported), it doesn't make sense. It is like returning a meal when you only have one bite left....
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The report I just heard said he was found in the wardrobe - I doubt it's suicide myself.
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the wardrobe? Wow, it does sound like he went the way of Michael Hutchence. Shame really...if it is the same situation, he is now just a sad, desparate cliche, and will always be remembered as such.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he was suffering from situational depression, or drinking or anything, it could still be suicide. I am sure the more information comes out we should know. Either way, it's such a sad story.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been reading conflicting reports on what actually happened.... some say it was a hanging, some say that he was found sitting naked on a chair with rope around his neck and body... others say he choked on a cord from the curtains.... autopsy to be done on Friday.
seshme

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should have seen it coming...
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have heard conflicting reports as well eefan. I don't think we are going to know the truth for a while yet.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David Carradine Bangkok death mystery: manager claims 'foul play'
David Carradine's death was a result of "foul play", his manager has claimed as director Quentin Tarantino said the actor would have relished dying in such mysterious circumstances.
By Anita Singh,
05 Jun 2009

Carradine, 72, was discovered naked and hanged in the wardrobe of his Bangkok hotel room on Thursday morning. A rope was tied around his neck and another around his genitals. An autopsy has yet to determine the cause of death and Thai police said they could not rule out suicide or a sex game gone wrong.

The star's personal manager, Chuck Binder, rejected the suicide theory but told CNN's Larry King: "I don't know if you want to call it accidental. I got some some calls from Thailand today from a producer that worked with him. I don't want to get into the middle of this whole investigation, but this guy said to me for sure there was foul play."

Tarantino, who revived Carradine's career by casting him in Kill Bill, described the star of 1970s series Kung Fu as "one of Hollywood's great, mad geniuses". Asked if Carradine would have liked his death to be the subject of such fevered speculation, Tarantino agreed: He told CNN: "If the last chapter of his autobiography was 'The Mysterious Demise of David Carradine', that would be perfect." Michael Madsen, Carradine's Kill Bill co-star, added: "I think he would like it that way. It's a typical David way to go - the mysterious death of David Carradine."

Rob Schneider, the actor and director who appeared with Carradine in 2007 comedy Big Stan, said there were parallels with the case of Bruce Lee, whose death in 1973 sparked numerous conspiracy theories. "The truth is, I think David always felt bad he took the Kung Fu role that was originated from Bruce Lee. I think it's a really odd and beautiful mystery that it's the same way as Bruce Lee. We'll never know exactly what happened with Bruce Lee," said Schneider.

A maid discovered Carradine's body in the luxury suite of the Nai Lert Park Hotel in Bangkok, after she knocked on the door and received no response. The actor was in the city to make a film.

"This certainly was not a natural cause of death," said Nantana Sirisap, chief coroner at Bangkok's Chulalongkom Hospital, adding that toxicology tests had been ordered. Police chief Colonel Somprasong Yentuam said the investigation was continuing "We are currently interviewing witnesses, film crew, hotel staff and the last person who saw David alive. So far, no-one saw anyone enter David's room around the estimated time of death."

Aurelio Giraudo, the hotel's general manager, said the actor checked into the hotel on May 31 and appeared in good spirits, chatting with staff and entertaining guests by playing piano in the lobby. "I was a fan. I had a very nice talk with him when he checked in. He was very much a person full of life. I mentioned to him that I had seen [the film] Crank with my family and that was the last smile he gave me," Mr Giraudo said.

Carradine's wife, Annie, and close friends rejected suggestions that the actor deliberately took his own life, despite the fact he had spoken openly of contemplating suicide in the past.

Michael Madsen said: "I don't think he was suicidal by any stretch of the imagination. I talked to Annie and she said the most important thing she wanted everybody to know is that David was not suicidal, he was not depressed and he was not going to do something like that." Tarantino added: "There might have been a period of David's long life that he could have been suicidal, but this wasn't the time."

----------------

I read somewhere that a photograph of the scene was published on the front of some Thai tabloid - and that it shows that his hands were tied too. So maybe there is more to this than just a common-or-garden-auto-asphyxiation-gone-wrong story.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's not a bad deal for £20 at all!
free2view

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg, THIS IS SO FUNNY! good price too! I knew paul in 1989 when he lived in my home town. We would often have a few beers in our local. he hasnt changed a bit. always looking to make a pound or two. enjoyed reading this!
luke

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah it does look good for £20, certainly better than the shitty 1/8ths down here which are always still wet ( to bump up the weight )
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 5 of 11

Jump to: