chinese new year / your chinese zodiac sign

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Annual celebrations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luke

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:05 pm    Post subject: chinese new year / your chinese zodiac sign Reply with quote

today is the chinese new year, the year of the ox

what chinese year were you born in? i'm a dragon Smile

Dragons have strong personalities. They are self -assured and confident in their own abilities. They do not suffer fools easily, and become impatient with people who they perceive throw in the towel too readily: for their own part, they can put up quite a fight.

Dragons are honest, and often speak their minds, even when this is not appropriate. They are popular if somewhat inconsistent, full of energy, charismatic and colourful, strong, enthusiastic and inspiring.

The dragon is averse to any form of routine, preferring the freedom to pursue his or her own agenda. Should a dragon feel imprisoned either mentally or physically they will become very erratic. Once in decline, a dragon tends to become lazy, fat and bitter.

The outspoken nature of the dragon, and their tunnel vision may make him or her appear brash. However, by nature the dragon is a romantic.

http://www.psychicguild.com/Chinese-Horoscope/
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a rooster and according to that site:

"Roosters do well in Ox Year and their hard work will be recognised and rewarded. However don’t be too cocky as others might resent your success in these tough times and you might not get the co-operation you want from others. You will need to be cautious of scandal and malicious gossip so be sure your actions and intentions are honourable. Stay practical and don’t be overconfident as this can bring you undone. On the romantic side of life this is an excellent year for you, and financially you will do better than most. This is an excellent year for Rooster to bring a new baby into the family and their child should have a fortunate life. The lucky gemstone for Roosters is Citrine “the stone of success” and is associated with abundance, prosperity, success and true wisdom. Ox, Snake, Monkey and Pig are your most compatible signs and your lucky months are April and August."

My success in these tough times eh? Bring it on! (in a not too over-confident manner of course)
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a dragon as well luke Smile
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a Rooster as well. Hey, Happy Chinese New Year everyone!! :-)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
luke

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pirtybirdy wrote:
I'm a Rooster as well.

so that makes you either 39 or 27 ... you can't be as right wing as you are at 27 so you must be 39 ... but i didn't have you down as that old Confused Laughing

so if i'm right does that mean both pirty and faceless are facing the big 4 0 this year?!
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a dog Laughing
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiger here...

The tiger is adventurous, confident and enthusiastic. Because of this they are often successful in their chosen careers. Tigers are excellent at seeing problems, but not so good at finding solutions. They tend to rush in without sufficient consideration. Their strong sense of independence means that they hate to take orders.

Tigers often go to extraordinary lengths to prove themselves, and hate to be ignored. They are often noticed, and as such tend to rise to prominent positions. However, tigers rarely make it to the very top, preferring to be second in command.

Romantically, tigers are somewhat reckless, and can risk everything in pursuit of their heart's desires. As a friend they are extremely generous, and tend to give everything all at once. However, lasting friendships are few and far between. Excellent as parents, tigers teach their children by example
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luke wrote:
pirtybirdy wrote:
I'm a Rooster as well.

so that makes you either 39 or 27 ... you can't be as right wing as you are at 27 so you must be 39 ... but i didn't have you down as that old Confused Laughing

so if i'm right does that mean both pirty and faceless are facing the big 4 0 this year?!

Yup. I started out on the left when I was young, and ended up right of center. I will be indeed celebrating the big four zero this year in June. I still feel young at heart though. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
luke

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pirtybirdy wrote:
Yup. I started out on the left when I was young

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Razz Laughing
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luke wrote:
pirtybirdy wrote:
Yup. I started out on the left when I was young

Shocked

Razz Laughing

I know lots of people in that situation.

However, my mum was always rather conservative, but when she hit 50 she started on the liberal path. Now she's much more liberal, especially when it comes to issues involving women and children - IMO, she's remarkable. Downside is, we can't discuss politics at family dinners since it puts my mum and dad at odds! Laughing

But at least we still have family dinners: if Hillary Clinton was elected president, my dad swore he'd move back to Canada. crazed

Bottom line Luke: there may still be hope for pirty to go over to your side! Laughing
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why, but I always seem to think of pirty as around 25---- not that you're immature or anything, it's just the image I get of you Laughing You probably "look" 25 though, am I right?????? Smile
luke

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eefanincan wrote:
I don't know why, but I always seem to think of pirty as around 25---- not that you're immature or anything, it's just the image I get of you Laughing You probably "look" 25 though, am I right?????? Smile

thats how i felt Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Annual celebrations All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: