EE - Jim returns to square
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Axlsbabe

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:14 pm    Post subject: EE - Jim returns to square Reply with quote

misslisalynn

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutly brilliant to have him back, even if it's only for a few episodes. It's amazing how far he has come.
Twirley

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'll be good to see him back. And doesn't he look dapper in that photo with his wife...?!
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait to see this episode. I hope they manage to inject a little bit of Jim's sense of humour into it.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For so many reasons this is great. Not only will it be wonderful to have the character of Jim back on the screen but the knowledge that John Bardon is healthy enough to be back at work is wonderful.
So many people think that when you have a stroke that's it. His getting himself out there will really help raise awareness.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EastEnders' Jim suffers suspected 2nd stroke
By Allison Martin
9/08/2008

Eastenders' star John Bardon was last night rushed to hospital with a second suspected stroke. John, 68, who plays Dot Cotton's husband Jim Branning, was said to be in a "comfortable" condition. The Lister Hospital, Chelsea, West London, confirmed that he had been admitted.

The Laurence Olivier award winning actor had already filmed a one-off special of his return to the BBC show due to be aired on Monday.

John suffered a stroke in June last year and has struggled to return to work. He had been regaining his speech and mobility after his first stroke. But the veteran actor from Hitchin, Herts, was thrilled to be back on set and was looking forward to returning permanently.

Producer Diederick Santer said: "We felt the character of Jim is so well-loved the audience want to see his return."

-------------------
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, that's terrible. I'm thinking the stress of coming back permanently wouldn't be a good thing for him. I wish him all the best.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just when he seemed to be doing so well. Here's hoping it's something he can recover from.
Twirley

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched the episode where Jim returns for his birthday, and it was great to see him on screen again. Knowing that the actor isn't acting his illness makes it all the more amazing that he came back at all. I wonder what will happen now he's had this 2nd stroke...maybe that's the last we've seen of Jim. I would hope not but whatever is best for John Bardon is what counts.
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was good, and some things he said I understood, and he still did the good Jim facial expressions. It was good to see him again.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was great seeing him again. I thought the episode was handled well. I also have to wonder if they knew this might be his last performance (not that they predicted the second stroke) because they did have him leaving in the back of the cab and it almost felt like a good bye. However, I could just be thinking that because I knew of the second stroke before I watched.
I do hope he can come back again but if he is unable to I am glad we got to enjoy his performance one last time.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does everyone seem to leave the square in the back of a cab????????? Is there no other way?
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cried like a baby. According to the paper today, a rep for the actor said that it was not another stroke and that he was fine, but it was the Sun....
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! It'll be good to see him back Smile

But I think it's funny that June Brown says "and we've tried to make it more jolly, not so bloomin' dreary." That would be a first for an Albert Square Christmas!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Soaps All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: