EE: The softer side of Zainab Masood
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
11antoniacourt

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:24 am    Post subject: EE: The softer side of Zainab Masood Reply with quote

Her husband is back from visiting his sick father. Her money woes are out in the open, within her own household at least. And it appears to me that Mrs. Masood is a little less hateful. I didn't like her at all in the past, but in the last month I have seen another side of her. Or at least a less hateful side of her. The visits with her brother-in-law have humbled her by knocking her back a few pegs; remember when he called her fat? And last night she was rendered speachless when Keith 1) knocked on the door 2) took custody of their television 3) took custody of their remote control, and 4) took custody of a chair in their living room, when normally she'd morph into a grotesque hate-spewing gargoyl/devil.

her character is evolving. I'm enjoying watching the evolution and I do hope she stays.
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very well said Antonia! I agree with your accessment 100%. I didn't think I could endure her character much longer if she was going to stay that way the whole time. I'm looking forward to seeing more of her family details and what makes her "tick".
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like her. Not everyone can be nice...or should be nice from a character balance standpoint, not a human one. She is mean and blunt, but she doesn't hurt anyone really. She is just standing up for what she thinks is right without pussy footing around. The real evil one is the brother in law, IMHO....
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am starting to like her and the whole family a lot more myself. They are really developing her well. I like her having more sides to her. Like Spurs said, she just stands up for herself and what she believes in. She might not always do it with tact but she isn't out to hurt anyone. Way to writers for EE!
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am really curious about this older brother...I hope that we get to see him soon. He will probably be alot like the brother in law. We will probably find out that he is the brother in laws and he forced himself on her and Mas doesn't know... Wow what a storyline! Laughing
11antoniacourt

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpursFan1902 wrote:
I like her. Not everyone can be nice...or should be nice from a character balance standpoint, not a human one. She is mean and blunt, but she doesn't hurt anyone really. She is just standing up for what she thinks is right without pussy footing around. The real evil one is the brother in law, IMHO....
I wonder if we'll see more of Mr. Masood's brother? The scenes he was in were very intense for Shabnam and Tamwar as well as Zainab. Very intense indeed.
misslisalynn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mas's brother was a creep and I actually felt sorry for Zainab for the first time. I also think we'll find out that Mas's brother forced Zainab into bed and maybe the older son is his and not Mas'
11antoniacourt

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

misslisalynn wrote:
Mas's brother was a creep and I actually felt sorry for Zainab for the first time. I also think we'll find out that Mas's brother forced Zainab into bed and maybe the older son is his and not Mas'
okay, now THERE's a plot line.
11antoniacourt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I am prepared to make a citizen's arrest". Priceless. Just priceless.
Axlsbabe

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

really like that whole family...well done EE Very Happy
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like some of the comedy coming out of both of them. I didn't like Zainab at first, and still, I don't really like her character that much, but I do like when she's funny. Who knows.....with time, she may grow on me yet! lol!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree pirty, axls and antonia. Last night was just great. Zainab had me giggling almost each time she was on screen and all the banging and bashing in the kitchen just had me laughing out loud.
I think her best line was "There's always time in my day for a cake" Laughing What a good code to live by.
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that she reached out to Denise when she thought Denise was in trouble. I loved when she looked at Denise and said "You mean I just assaulted a holy man??" I like her and I knew that there was more to her story than just being a beyotc.

@misslisalynn - Great minds think alike!! Laughing
11antoniacourt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpursFan1902 wrote:
"You mean I just assaulted a holy man??" I like her and I knew that there was more to her story than just being a beyotc.

I laughed myself into a frenzy with that line. I had no idea where the Zainab character would go so you're point makes sense. For a long time I HATED HATED her. Then i just HATED her. Last week I HA- well, I didn't really HATE her last week. I don't know what to think.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

11antoniacourt wrote:
SpursFan1902 wrote:
"You mean I just assaulted a holy man??" I like her and I knew that there was more to her story than just being a beyotc.

I laughed myself into a frenzy with that line. I had no idea where the Zainab character would go so you're point makes sense. For a long time I HATED HATED her. Then i just HATED her. Last week I HA- well, I didn't really HATE her last week. I don't know what to think.

I had forgotten about the holy man line! Thanks for the reminder. That was a cracker for sure!

I hated her as well, with all the capital letters. Now, while she can rub me the wrong way with her attitude there is more to her and I don't hate her at all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Soaps All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: