Uk geek shortage

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Tech news, tips and help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:13 pm    Post subject: Uk geek shortage Reply with quote

I had some experience working with people designing games in the late 80s and could only remember 2 out of the whole team who were actually required to do any maths. And these days most games are created using pre-built engines anyway, so I can't see what the real issue is here.
Griffo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally with you on that face, what about all of these indie games developers what are taking the gaming industry by storm? All of these huge sellers on the PS3 Playstation Network, etc. Games such as Everyday Shooter.
shillax

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a skills shortage in all industries I should imagine. When I left school you had to have worked hard and got some credible exam results before you got into a University or could embark on a career that needed any kind of skill. Now, after Tony Blair's rape of England for ten years, and the dumming down of qualifications to meet his targets so that he can pretend his education system works, most of these young people leaving school can't even spell, let alone use their brains to work something out.

It will get to the point that in order to achieve an 'O' level in maths, you'll just need to know your 8 times table (assisted with a calculator of course)
Bat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Billy can explain why....

faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good clip, but the last time I used the hypotenuse was when I was doing some building/labouring. We had to work out angles for cutting wall insulation boards, so there!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Tech news, tips and help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: