Futurama to be revived...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject: Futurama to be revived... Reply with quote

Futurama has been revived, three years after it was axed. Comedy Central has ordered 13 new episodes of Matt Groening?s animated comedy ? but they won?t be ready to air until 2008.

One sticking point had been reuniting the cast, but Billy West, Katey Sagal and John DiMaggio will all now take part in the new series.

The show last aired on America?s Fox network in August 2003, but the existing 72 episodes have has continued to be a success in reruns.

They run on Sky One in the UK, while in the US, Cartoon Network spent $10 million in 2002 for the US cable TV rights, which expire in 2007. Comedy Central last year paid out almost $30 million for the next five-years, to begin in 2008.

Comedy Central?s David Bernat told Hollywood trade paper Variety: ?There is a deep and passionate fan base for this intelligent and very funny show that matches perfectly with our audience.

?It is great that we can offer them not just the existing library, but something they've never seen as well.?

Futurama?s plight follows the similar resurrection of Family Guy, which was brought back after DVD sales and cable channel repeats found it new fans. A third animated series, King of the Hill, is also heading back into production after it had been mothballed.

-----------------

Great stuff!
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My husband stumbled across this the other day. I was very happy to hear it! I loved that show! clap
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Comedy News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: