EE: Character to return spoiler

View previous topic :: View next topic  
carmelina

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 7:26 am    Post subject: EE: Character to return spoiler Reply with quote

EastEnders favourite Charlie Brooks has signed up to make a permanent return to the soap.

The 26-year-old recently reprised her Walford role as vixen Janine Butcher for 'Frank Week', a bank of four tribute episodes dedicated to late comic legend Mike Reid.

The storyline saw Janine and the majority of her screen family – brother Ricky (Sid Owen) and sister Diane (Sophie Lawrence) – return for their father Frank's funeral.

EastEnders bosses so were impressed by her performance and the audience reaction that they began discussing a longer-term contract almost immediately.

Of her return, she said: "I'm thrilled to be returning to EastEnders. I loved coming back earlier in this year for Frank's funeral. It gave me a taste for playing Janine again. And I'm excited to see what Janine will be getting up to now she is returning to Albert Square."

Executive producer Diederick Santer added: "I couldn't be more pleased that Charlie Brooks is rejoining EastEnders. With her appearances last month, she reminded us what a fine actress she is, and what an intriguing, watchable and engaging character she plays as Janine.

"Rejoining us for a longer stint will give us a chance to understand what makes Janine tick, to see what lies beneath the surface of this unique character, and to find out from where she got that flash, big, black car…"

Brooks returns to filming in the summer and will re-appear on screen at the end of October or beginning of November.

Earlier this month, producers also announced the return of Amanda Drew as 'Mad' May Wright.

Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exciting news indeed. I love the character of Janine and can't wait. Thanks for posting this Carm.

I did change the title of your post as to not spoil the return for people who don't want to know Smile
11antoniacourt

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Carmelina. There was a period of time when I couldn't get EE regularly and so janine is one of those characters I really don't know. Sky, if you have a second, please fill me in on why you love the characrter?

I am confused by her. IN my opinion, during Fwank Week, Janine was abrupt, almost nasty and lacked warmth. Then five minutes before the week was over, at the end of the Friday episode, she starts displaying warm and caring characteristics, and as i recall she started acting needy, while speaking with Pat I think. Or Ricky. And I think her look and style are too severe. Or was it that constant lack of a smile? Frankly, she scares me. So she probably WON'T be running a stall then?
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing She's not a loveable character by any means. But the actress is amazing. The character of Janine is so ruthless, get what you want by any means, it's just too fun to watch. She is out for number one but you can tell that underneath it all there is still a scared little girl. In a way you don't see it with the other current bad girls like Shirley.
I love the fact that Janine doesn't answer to anyone and while she acts like she is in control, she is actually not even sure what she needs.
I want to slap her half the time she is on but she is just an incredibly complex character that is great to watch and she also says and does stuff that I know there are times I would like to!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She killed 'Barry off Eastenders'! If it wasn't for her, Extras wouldn't have been as funny...
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
She killed 'Barry off Eastenders'! If it wasn't for her, Extras wouldn't have been as funny...

You know, I never watched the US version of 'Extras' so I don't know if he appeared in it over here and if he did, what a shame for all those who would have had no clue who he was. I am so thankful I knew who he was when I watching that.
misslisalynn

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is great news that Janine is coming back to the Square. Oh, to see Janine take on Stacey, Chelsea and especially Claire and Bianca, it's gonna be some good watching.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Claire is the one I really want to see go head to head with her. They both seem to be cut from the same cloth but Janine has a lot more practice!
11antoniacourt

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
I'm kind of out of the loop on his role in Extras but I'll get caught up on that over the weekend.

MissLisaLynn you took the words right out of my mouth. As I was posting my message from this morning I was thinking Stacy and Janine interaction might be both interesting and fun to watch. as will watching Janine interact with any female character in the Square. Thank God Pauline's dead, huh?
Twirley

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Janine also wooed Ian when she was a prostitute. She lived with Billy for a while, too. In fact, Billy's dog is actually Janine's.

I think there are some exciting times ahead. Way to go!
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooray, Hooray, I am glad to see Janine coming back. We need some real wickedness back on the square....
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate that biatch.... she is so NO GOOD......But a brilliant actress I think Bianca would be a great match for her in a fist fight ..... chelsea will be to scared of her Very Happy

Clare will be intresting ......and I dont think stacy will give a Toss as long as she stays away from bradley

Now Jane will hate her .......and LOL should be fun with Tanya .....cos you know Max is on his way back ......I could go on and on .......welcome back Janine ...... Very Happy
HandoGod

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read this on teletext the other day. Not really sure how they're gonna write her character back in, I kinda thought that it was right for her to leave as she'd run out of steam IMO.

Smile
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I'm so excited to see that Janine is coming back. She will surely stir up trouble in the square, and so many people that she could stir up, sounds like lots of fun! LOL!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bianca, Mad May and Janine..... sounds like the square should live in terror Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Soaps All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: