Corrie - family to be axed (spoiler)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: Corrie - family to be axed (spoiler) Reply with quote

Corrie axes the kebab shop clan
By SARA NATHAN
26 Apr 2008

CORRIE chiefs last night sensationally axed a string of characters — including the ENTIRE Morton family. Kebab shop boss Jerry Morton and his whole clan got the boot after months of whispers their characters had not settled in well. The family were introduced to the ITV1 soap only last year. The mass exodus will see Jerry (played by Michael Starke), Mel (Emma Edmonson), Darryl (Johnny Dixon), Kayleigh (Jessica Bardon) and Finlay (Ramone Quinn) leave later this year.

The blitz also hits Jack Ellis and Matthew Compton, who play father and son bookies Harry and Dan Mason. They joined the Street in December but producers were swift to get rid of them and they will be leaving in the autumn.

A source said: "The producers had a big forward planning meeting this week and have decided to axe a number of characters. Most of the actors were called in at lunchtime and told — they are gutted." As well as this Ian Reddington, who plays Liz McDonald’s new husband Vernon Tomlin, is also due to leave in September. He already has a play and a panto lined up.

Show boss Kim Crowther said: "Coronation Street has always had a tradition of characters who come in to play out storylines beside established characters before moving on. As in any community there are people who live there for years and people who pass through. We still have some interesting storylines to play with these characters. They are all very talented actors and we wish them well."

------------------

I'd never buy a kebab from a white guy... same as I wouldn't buy a pizza from a chinese or fish and chips from an Indian. It's just wrong! Laughing
misslisalynn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't miss the Morton's but I liked Harry and Dan Mason, they had me fooled because it looked like they were gearing up for a Liz and Harry pairing.
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, I like Dan and Harry too, and I also thought they'd set Liz up with Harry....That being said, I also liked the Morton family too. I mean some families I'm glad to see go, but this one grew on me. Oh well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Twirley

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's such a shame - I like Jerry and his kids, and thought Harry & Dan were a real addition to the Street. Wonder who's going to come in next?
Axlsbabe

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

doesnt really surprise me, i could never see him as jerry, he was always sinbad to me!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Soaps All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: