EE: Mad May returns
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
carmelina

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:53 pm    Post subject: EE: Mad May returns Reply with quote

EastEnders actress Amanda Drew is to reprise her controversial Walford role as warped Dr 'Mad' May Wright.

The 38-year-old actress will resurrect her sinister screen counterpart after almost a year's break. Viewers last saw May tangled in the midst of Albert Square's baby abduction storyline which led to her character's exit from the soap.

Last year, BBC bosses made the decision to substantially re-write and re-film the ending to the storyline due to events surrounding Madeleine McCann in Portugal. The climax episode still attracted almost 200 complaints.

The plot saw May and husband Rob Minter (Stuart Laing) attempting to steal Dawn Swann's (Kara Tointon) baby via a forced caesarian and came to a head with Drew's character being arrested and subsequently sectioned.

Now, May is to return to the Square when she overhears Jase Dyer (Stephen Lord) talking about Dawn and baby Summer.

Speaking of her comeback, Drew told The Sun: "May is a gift of a role for any actor because of her complexity. I am so excited to be playing her again.

"It would be a shame to give too much away but she has changed in many ways."

Executive producer Diederick Santer added: "It's great to have Amanda back. Dr May is a hugely popular and exciting character, brilliantly performed by Amanda, and I'm sure viewers will be keen to see what she gets up to and how she's changed."

A spokeswoman for the show this morning told DS: "There are no current plans for Stuart Laing to reprise his role as Rob Minter."

Drew has already begun filming at Elstree Studios, home of EastEnders, and will re-appear on screen in early summer.

'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's strange that she would go back to the same neighborhood where this all started. I would have thought that while she was being "treated", the doctors would have suggested that she not move back into that neighborhood near Dawn. Maybe they did, and she didn't adhere to their advice, which would mean she's not "cured". There can't be anything good to come of May returning. Even if she was truly sorry for what she did, I know if I were Dawn, I wouldn't want to be anywhere near her.

Thanks for the article Carmelina! :-)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the sound of this indeed. I enjoyed the character of May. I'm with Pirty as well as it all seems odd she is coming back to the Square, but I am sure there is a bit more to it all then what we realize.
Seeing Dawn's reaction will be interesting to say the least. Of course, we so rarely see Dawn with Summer it may be the kick she needs to be a bit more of dedicated mother.
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I felt it odd in the sense that authorities would tell a prior kiddie sex offender to stay away from schools, children, etc. You'd think she'd be told to stay away from Dawn. If I were Dawn, I'd have kept an ongoing restraining order against her. I agree with you Skylace that it would be nice to see more of Dawn and Summer. It sounds from the article that May will change for the better. I hope so. I wanna see some happy times for some Eastenders people for once! LOL!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Lostinthestates

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds exciting! Can't wait Smile
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking that this will precipitate the exit of Keith. Maybe he takes Summer away for a bit? Hell, that Mad May would drive me out of the Square Laughing But the character is certainly complex and I like watching her.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, the return of May and the exit of Keith! Don't excite me eefan!
misslisalynn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if the return of the Mad Doc will eventually lead to Rob Rotten stopping by as well. I can't say I agree with the fanfare of her return and labelling her character as popular and exciting is kinda a stretch.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:

It's just a guess mind you.... try not to get too excited (the writers haven't actually consulted me on that.... Laughing)
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eefanincan wrote:
Skylace wrote:

It's just a guess mind you.... try not to get too excited (the writers haven't actually consulted me on that.... Laughing)

If they haven't they need to. Your mind is brilliant!
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
eefanincan wrote:
Skylace wrote:

If they haven't they need to. Your mind is brilliant!

cuteshy
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure how I feel about her coming back. Maybe if she comes back with a new guy or something. Part of the problem with EE always is they retread characters instead of bringing in new blood. Hopefully whatever they have in mind will work. Not that EE is too bad right now, but we all know how it can be...
HandoGod

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lostinthestates wrote:
Sounds exciting! Can't wait Smile

Right on!

Very Happy
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Mad May makes her completely psycotic return!! Did you see the look in her eye? She is as crazy as a sh*thouse rat. This should be good...
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I about jumped out of my seat. I wasn't expecting to see her at all. That is just too great. Her smoking the fags, in a shit hole, she looked so mental. This is awesome.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Soaps All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: