Fwank's Funewal

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:09 am    Post subject: Fwank's Funewal Reply with quote

Frank's for the memory
Tony Stewart
The Mirror
29/03/2008

Having both been married to and conned by that infamous scoundrel Frank Butcher, it’s amazing that neither Pat nor Peggy look at the calendar when his coffin arrives on board a horse-drawn hearse this Tuesday. As Frank’d say, we’ve got a right couple of pilchards here… Because knowing him to be the master of duckin’, divin’ and deception, this could be an elaborate April Fools’ Day hoax – much like he faked his own death in Spain in early 2002.

Normally, the peroxide pensioners would rip off the coffin lid and hold a mirror to Frank’s mouth just to make sure he’d stopped breathing. But they behave almost with dignity. Sadly, this time Frank is most definitely brown bread. And, in their way, these episodes are a belated tribute to the actor who played him for nearly 20 years, Mike Reid, who sadly passed away last July. Even from inside his box, Frank manipulates Pat and Peg into fighting yet again. Peg dances on his grave, while Pat describes him as her ‘soul mate’. ‘The real Frank was ’orrible, nasty and rotten through to the core,’ Peggy spits as they slap each other. ‘Will you listen to yerself, you stupid fat, old tart? The only fing Frank Butcher wanted from you was sex.’

With Enders on blistering form at present, this is also a timely reminder of the ghosts of Albert Square, because Frank’s funeral brings back his kids. Thickaaay Rickaaay – one of the few fellas who makes Peter Andre seem intelligent – arrives with his dippy fiancee Melinda, and his enigmatic sister Diane with her romantic secret. Best of all, one of soapland’s legendary soap bitches is here – black widow Janine, all screw-you attitude, designer clothes and a Mercedes Benz. ‘Well, the prodigal returns,’ Pat sneers, two and a half years after Janine’s murder trial collapsed. ‘I know why you’re here, but don’t worry. You haven’t missed the will.’

As Rickaaay tries to contact his ex-wife Bianca so that their son Liam can come to the funeral, we also catch up with her again as she hits hard times. Volatile and poignant with black and white flashbacks, this is a fitting send off for a great EastEnder. As his ashes are scattered in the gardens, there can be only one epitaph for him and Mike Reid – it’s ‘where his heart is’. Yeah, Frank’s for the memories, mate…

-----------------
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Frank is most definitely brown bread."

I've never heard that phrase before Laughing
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a great episode...can't wait to see it. Thanks for the post.
tec
Bad Toad

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched the Frank episodes this morning. I thought they were excellent and really did enjoy the old clips that they interspersed in to the current storyline. Really good to see Janine again (always liked that one for sure - pure evil) Very Happy . Couldn't believe how old and worn poor Rickaaay looked. Thought Bianaca looked pretty good considering the years in between. Thanks for keeping these shows going Face.
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed seeing the Butcher kids as well -- it's been ages since Diane was on the program. And I agree w/ tec that Bianca does look pretty good, too. It was a treat to see Janine again - I wonder what she's been up to? Albert Square hasn't seen a "bad girl" like her since her departure.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man I can't wait to watch all of this. I've got it all waiting for me at home.
Lostinthestates

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have fun - it's a treat Smile
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
Man I can't wait to watch all of this. I've got it all waiting for me at home.

It'll be worth it.... I just got around to it today. As nice as it is to watch these as they air is nice to have a little "stash" of them built up..... a bright light at the end of the tunnel!
Twirley

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Bianca hadn't aged much at all...Ricky looked much older and haggard (maybe that's cos of Melinda! He he )...Diane and Janine both looked great. It would be good to have them around for a while, or at least popping in & out every now & again. Can't wait for Bianca & the kids to land...!

crazed

Love these characters and they haven't changed in themselves. Great stuff!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Soaps All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: