'Enders boss axes Mickey and Keith

View previous topic :: View next topic  
carmelina

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject: 'Enders boss axes Mickey and Keith Reply with quote

EastEnders actors Joe Swash and David Spinx have been axed from the BBC soap after being told their characters had "run out of steam".

The pair – who have played son and stepfather duo Mickey and Keith Miller since 2003 and 2004 respectively – were called into a meeting with executive producer Diederick Santer on Friday when he revealed that their contracts would not be renewed.

A friend of 26-year-old Swash told The Sun: "He and David were told their characters had run out of steam by EastEnders boss Diederick Santer. Joe was stunned at first. He's loved playing Mickey and felt the fans still enjoyed watching his antics."

They added: "But he soon realised if the stories weren't there, he didn't want to be just going through the motions. He's now thinking over his next move carefully. He doesn't want to become just another former soap star."

The news comes just weeks after the announcement that Rob Kazinsky (Sean Slater) and Mo George (Gus Smith) are to quit their East-End roles at the end of the year. Only days earlier, it was revealed that Aaron Sidwell's character Steven Beale is to be written out of the show in a shock bisexual plot.

Swash recently split with his lover Emma Sophocleous only months after she gave birth to their son, Harry. Sophocleous later blasted her former lover for 'leaving her in the lurch'.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mickey's pish, but the fact that Keef got up so many women's noses (on the show and real life) really entertained me. So now everyone's sanitised and nice again - great.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't personally miss either one of them. Keith never did anything (both literally and in the show) and Mickey hasn't done anything in ages. It's a shame because I think they could have done more with both characters but they decided not to.
misslisalynn

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Sky, they really could have done more with the both of them, it always bugged me that they dropped the illiterate storyline with Keith.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is so true misslisa. I thought that was a great storyline that was timely and was being well acted, but they didn't do anything with it. It's a shame because that could have been something great.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Happy Day! I don't have to look at Keith's stringy hair anymore!!!!
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Darren leaving too? I won't miss Keith...I can smell him when he is on screen! I like Mikey and think that they could give him story lines...send him to school, give him a waiters job at Fargos and bring in those new charaters..other wait staff, kitchen people...I will miss him.
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They probably could have done more with the Millers, but on the other hand, I'm not that bothered they are leaving. I would have liked to have seen what Keith looks like with a bath and short hair, but I guess that will never happen...LOL!! Oh well, best of luck to both of them. I hope they bring on some more characters that are worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Twirley

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought he was going to get one when Mrs Masood threatened to clean him up...but nay looks like tis will never be. *sigh*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Soaps All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: