Quick, easy and cheap Ramen recipes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Quick, easy and cheap Ramen recipes Reply with quote

In college and when we were first starting out it wasn't easy to make the nice meals I make now (and the ones I have tried from here). One thing that has always been cheap and plentiful is ramen noodle soup. But just eating the soup can be pretty boring. So I found ways to make the soup a bit more interesting and a different meal. Here are a couple of those recipes. They may not be as fancy and nice as some of the recipes we already have on here but they're affordable and quick and tasty.

Curly Noodle Pork Supper (good with chicken and beef as well)
1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1/4-inch strips
1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 cup fresh broccoli florets
4 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1-1/2 cups water
2 packages (3 oz. each) pork ramen noodles
1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley (you can do with out this if you want)
1 tablespoon soy sauce

In a large skillet, cook the pork, red pepper, broccoli, and onions in oil until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the water, noodles and contents of the seasoning packets, parsley, and soy sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook for 3-4 minutes or until noodles are tender.

Oriental Beef Noodle Toss
1 pound ground beef
2 packages (3 oz each) Oriental-flavored ramen noodles
1 package(16 oz) frozen Oriental vegetable blend
2 cups water
4-5 tablespoons soy sauce
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
3 tablespoon thinly sliced green onions

In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in contents of one noodle packet; set aside and keep warm.
Break noodles; place in a large saucepan. Add the contents of second seasoning packet, vegetables, water, soy sauce and ginger. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-10 minutes or until vegetables and noodles are tender. Stir in beef and onions.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good ones! I haven't eaten these in years, but I used to make something with cream soup, milk, chicken, broccoli then add in the noodles and presto! You've got a casserole. Can't recall the exact recipe, but I think you could basically just mix it in the pot - can't go wrong really.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Aja's Kitchen All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: