I already love this man. what a good man! Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwjNmATKfGE
luke

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice one ash, i'll have to check that place out next time i'm near Smile
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ash I saw that Video....when I first started this thread ....But I did not want to kill U all with Levi roots .....Smile he seems like a really Humble man .....Not many of those around .....Sad

Ash Let me know if U have a grill to cook your chicken .....or if u are using a frying pan ......

And Face ....That parcel took the Longest ..more than any other parcel I have ever been sent ......well weird !! But Cheers mate Smile
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ash wrote:
Seeing the you tube clip (thanks luke) it seems that it might be very close the kind of stuff that I add in my chicken- my chicken is a mess...i cut them into irregular and small sizes and then cook 'em at low temperature for 30-40 minutes, so that all the flavours can reach as much surface of the chicken as possible. I also add carrot in my Indian curry to make it a bit thicker and slightly sweet.

I think I'm going to do some experiment with this sauce tomorrow.

1) May be do some char grill chicken and taste with the sauce (can anyone please tell me how to do the char grill chicken though)
2) A chicken choumen (the whitish cooked chicken)

I'm going to Sainbury's today...hopefully will get it

ps ....I always cook this in my non stick wok .....or if u have a deep frying pan is better ...... Smile

Any suggestion Aja, please? Smile

this is easy from the site its self ......But I think if u use chicken breasts U only need 10-15 mins a side if that ......

Levi's Jerk Recipe
Ingredients

Reggae Reggae Sauce Your chosen meat for the amount of people required 1 lime 6 cloves of garlic Salt and black pepper to taste Method

Cut your chosen meat into quarters. Rinse in lime water, drain and season with salt and pepper.
Rub Reggae Reggae Sauce on to the seasoned meat and leave to marinade for 3 hours or even overnight if possible.
Place your seasoned Jerk meat on the grill at about 350
Turning when needed, while keeping the heat low; if the heat gets too high it will prematurely burn the meat. This process takes a little longer than oven cooking, but it’s worth the effort.
Keep turning until the meat is thoroughly cooked, which should take roughly 45 minutes.
If you prefer to oven cook the dish pre-heat the oven to 400.
Place the seasoned Jerk meat on a baking sheet and place in the oven for about 35 minutes, or until thoroughly cooked.
Season and serve the meat with bread, salad, baked potatoes, or rice (and another dollop of Reggae Reggae Sauce!)
heres the site .....

http://www.reggae-reggae.co.uk/

As for char grill U need a grill.....i normally season up my chicken with black pepper and paprika and garlic salt and add a drop of olive oil and mix to gether..and throw on grill 10 -15 mins a side turning every few mins .....

also u can do blackened chicken again some olive oil and blackened seasoning ..cook same way .......

when u cook small bits of chicken ..it takes no time in the pan .....again season them up what ever u want .....add to oil in pan and stir all the time while cooking .....the chicken takes no longer than 15/20 mins .....then add veggies or what ever u are cooking with it .....45 mins means over cooked chicken.... try this
fry the chicken bits seasoned with paprika black pepper Garlic salt and carribean jerk spice ...add green and red peppers chopped ...onion chopped cook for a few more mins on a pretty high flame stiring all the time .....and u have a delish meal ....serve with rice .....

change all spices according to your taste .......
Ash

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much, Aja. I'll definitely try them Smile

Yes, he is very humble. That's why I like him.

I think, we have a grill attached with our normal burner/oven. But not a roper one. it's one of those that is on top section and the fire comes on top of the grill. Will it work for char grill?

ps: I generally use frying pan...Cleaning the grill can be very messy.
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ash wrote:
Thank you very much, Aja. I'll definitely try them Smile

Yes, he is very humble. That's why I like him.

I think, we have a grill attached with our normal burner/oven. But not a roper one. it's one of those that is on top section and the fire comes on top of the grill. Will it work for char grill?

ps: I generally use frying pan...Cleaning the grill can be very messy.

Ahhhhh U mean this type of grill Smile

[img]http://image.bizrate.co.uk/resize?sq=160&uid=354944308&mid=83033[/img]

been years since i used one of those .....The grills here are under the Oven bit ...so if u want to make cheese on toast u have to lie on the floor ..... angry I kid U not .....

Anyways to char grill U need an outside grill Ash ..... Or a very posh kitchen with built in char broil grill Very Happy But i will make a new thread of easy to make chicken ..when I get home from work later .......
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aja wrote:

been years since i used one of those .....The grills here are under the Oven bit ...so if u want to make cheese on toast u have to lie on the floor ..... angry I kid U not .....

I know! I know! This is why I never use the broiler--- I'd rather make grilled cheese in a pan or on a sandwhich press.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to have some cheese on toast now...

cheers!

(edit - a drizzle of reggae reggae works great)

food
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:

cheers!

Damn.... now I do too! :LOL: (Why is it that some call it grilled cheese and in the UK it's cheese on toast????)
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found some bread that is very low in points (2 slices = 1 point) and fat free swiss cheese that is 1 point a slice, plus a point for the butter so I can have a grilled cheese for 4 points....now I may have to have one too!!
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eefanincan wrote:
faceless wrote:

cheers!

Damn.... now I do too! :LOL: (Why is it that some call it grilled cheese and in the UK it's cheese on toast????)

OK here we go

Cheese on toast .......

we toast the bread.....till quite dark.......then add a nice strong chedder I prefer on white crusty toast and grated .....But Hovis bread is ok Smile we then put under grill (or in toaster oven here as i hate lying on the floor) and grill till bubbling..... I then try and take cheese on toast out of grill with out burning my self and dip into the side of mayo and hot sauce i have ready .......

Friccking perfect Very Happy

Grilled cheese ........

2 slices of bread with any cheese it seems ...... Smile normally American cheese......stick the cheese in middle .......butter both sides of bread and stick on grill/george foreman/frying pan untill a little crispy .......

I must admit i prefer cheese on toast ................
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK Ash got a great easy dish for u ....... I just made it up for u .....from a dish i cook a lot and its perfect for Under the grill and with reggae reggae sauce Smile I may send this recipe to Levi roots Smile

here goes .........

Chicken Kebabs with reggae reggae sauce ......

Accompany this colorful dish with white rice spiked with fiery dried crushed red pepper.

1 medium onion, cut into 8 wedges
3 tablespoon reggae reggae sauce
2 garlic cloves, finely minced
2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon water
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
Fresh pineapple, cut into 1-inch chunks (or use canned)

in a small skillet, cook the reggae reggae sauce and garlic in hot oil for 15 to 20 seconds. Remove from heat. Stir in lemon juice, water, salt, and pepper; set aside.
Thread chicken cubes, bell peppers, pineapple and onion on 4 long metal skewers (or eight 10-inch wooden skewers that have been soaked in water for 30 minutes prior to using).
Stir the reggae reggae sauce mixture and brush kabobs on all sides.
Grill kabobs on an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 12 to 14 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink, turning to brown evenly. Or, place kabobs on an unheated rack of a broiler pan; broil 5 to 6-inches from the heat for 10 to 12 minutes, turning to brown evenly. (grill to You ash in England )

and serve with Rice and salad and reggae reggae sauce as a dip Smile

Friccin delish I tell ya ........ Smile
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to have to get a bib if you don't stop posting these delicious recipes.....
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpursFan1902 wrote:
I found some bread that is very low in points (2 slices = 1 point) and fat free swiss cheese that is 1 point a slice, plus a point for the butter so I can have a grilled cheese for 4 points....now I may have to have one too!!

I think you're missing a much more important 'point' here spurs - it's meant to be bad for you!

I make mine the same as aja, except that I only lightly toast the side of the bread that I'm putting the cheese on. This is to dry it out a bit, to stop the grease from the cheese making the bread melt but also to stop the edges getting burnt.

A 'cheesy-beano' is the next step. Before you add the cheese, you put some baked-beans on the toast - once the cheese is nicely melted the result is quite truly snacktacular.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
SpursFan1902 wrote:

I think you're missing a much more important 'point' here spurs - it's meant to be bad for you!

I make mine the same as aja, except that I only lightly toast the side of the bread that I'm putting the cheese on. This is to dry it out a bit, to stop the grease from the cheese making the bread melt but also to stop the edges getting burnt.

A 'cheesy-beano' is the next step. Before you add the cheese, you put some baked-beans on the toast - once the cheese is nicely melted the result is quite truly snacktacular.

Oooooo! That sounds so yummy! I will have to try that for sure!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Aja's Kitchen All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: