Azureus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Tech news, tips and help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lilycup

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Azureus Reply with quote

I use Azureus to download things, but once I've downloaded something and there's no leechers, the file usually queues. Even if I have a file still open, it doesn't show that I have it open on the tracker.

I used to be able to set the file to force seed, but I can no longer do that in Azureus now. Does anyone know how you can?
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a quick look but couldn't see anything to help - though I use utorrent so I'm not really up on any new features.

Anyway, as long you are still available and sharing when someone does come along then it's not really a problem...
lilycup

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, thanks, faceless!!! Smile
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lily,

I had a lot of trouble in general with Azeurus especially with the files. Switched to utorrent and find it much better.
lilycup

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eefanincan wrote:
Lily,

I had a lot of trouble in general with Azeurus especially with the files. Switched to utorrent and find it much better.

Ok, thanks. I'll look into getting that Smile
Ally
'Taffia'

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Azueus and noticed on this latest upgrade that mine does the same thing. There is no longer a force seed option.
I can have several things open to seed but it will queue some that no longer have leechers. Of course as soon as someone gets on the file, it does open up to seed straight away. And like Faceless said, that's the main thing.

I'm not sure what the reason for this is but I wonder if it uses less bandwidth by queueing something until it is actually needed.
Bob

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I was saying, just before the power went out...feckers...

anyway, it's because your in basic mode.

Tools/Options/Mode it's the fifth one down, and select Advanced...and then you'll be allowed to force seed.

But force seeding takes up port time and can add to the memory hogging and slowing down of Azu...

Which is why I haven't been bothering with force seeding much lately, but I've been keeping everything queued up for a few weeks if anyone ever goes to get the file, there good to go Smile
Bob

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eefanincan wrote:
Lily,

uTorrent is good, but when you've got a few things on the got, well more than 3 things queued up, it becomes just as big a memory hog as Azu...but it is pretty nice....doesn't have the safe peer plugin though, which everyone in the US should use, or at least peer guardian.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob wrote:
eefanincan wrote:
Lily,

uTorrent is good, but when you've got a few things on the got, well more than 3 things queued up, it becomes just as big a memory hog as Azu...but it is pretty nice....doesn't have the safe peer plugin though, which everyone in the US should use, or at least peer guardian.

Thanks for the info Bob, I wasn't aware of this. I'm not really good with all that technical stuff and generally only download one thing at a time anyway.

It does seem though that I have a constant NAT problem and I can't seem to figure out why. I've done all the port forwarding test, adjust speeds, read all the guides, etc, etc. and can't seem to figure it out. I still seem to be seeding so something must be working right. I am trying to download a very large file from somewhere though and can't help but thinking it would go faster if no NAT problem. Any thoughts anyone?
Ally
'Taffia'

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob wrote:
eefanincan wrote:
Lily,

Thanks for all your tips Bob, I appreciate it and also thanks for reminding me why it's probably better for me to stick wtih azureus.

thumbs
Ally
'Taffia'

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eefanincan wrote:
Bob wrote:
eefanincan wrote:
Lily,

Thanks for the info Bob, I wasn't aware of this. I'm not really good with all that technical stuff and generally only download one thing at a time anyway.

It does seem though that I have a constant NAT problem and I can't seem to figure out why. I've done all the port forwarding test, adjust speeds, read all the guides, etc, etc. and can't seem to figure it out. I still seem to be seeding so something must be working right. I am trying to download a very large file from somewhere though and can't help but thinking it would go faster if no NAT problem. Any thoughts anyone?

These links may help you out:

http://azureus.aelitis.com/wiki/index.php/Port_forwarding

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies-archive.cfm/474252.html
Bob

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eefanincan wrote:

If you have port forwarding all set, and the prog is giving you the okay, it coulv very well be that your ISP is throttling the port number....just change it to some randomly high number....
Bob

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ally wrote:

These links may help you out:

http://azureus.aelitis.com/wiki/index.php/Port_forwarding

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies-archive.cfm/474252.html

To add to those links http://www.portforward.com/routers.htm

and peer guardian, directly rather than through filehippo at http://phoenixlabs.org/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Tech news, tips and help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: