Comedian gets attacked by punter
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Videos, pics, audio, jokes, lists etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luther Blissett
Free the weed!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
the guy was a wanker - he lost his temper because he couldn't handle a heckler, insulted her, then got smacked. End of story.

The guy who punched him had more artistic flair in his left hook.

But wasn't the insult phrased as a joke?

Perhaps a poor one, and certainly an offensive one (to at least a couple of people), but a joke nonetheless.

I could understand people saying that he seriously needed to work on his put-downs...

However, someone being physically assaulted for his verbal expression just can't be right.

I mean pensioners and shotguns come to mind here...
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well that's the problem with being a comedian in a venue full of drunk people whom you've never met. You take that risk every time. When I used to run a comedy night I was hooked in the eye by some mad tart, but I had made her look like a completely unwelcome scab. Other people thought what I said was funny too, but that didn't pay my wages when I couldn't go to work with a black eye. It was my fault for not being able to handle the situation better. Just as it is in this case.

He should have asked security to get rid of the woman heckling him, but with him being such a 'hard man' comic that wasn't an option. He's an arrogant twat and I doubt very much that he'll use the same joke again. What's so funny about child-abuse anyway? Nothing much in my book.
Luther Blissett
Free the weed!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By way of avoiding a re-run of the Brass Eye Special debate, I'll bow out at this point.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, fair enough, but theories mean nothing when you're in a room full of drunk people. I don't think it's funny to mock a stranger on the assumption that they were abused in that way - it's crass and I wish I'd been there to cheer the guy flinging the punches.

Cool
nekokate

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Brass Eye Smile
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

same here - but the whole point of the Paedophile episode of Brass Eye was that it mocked the media and the outrageous fury of people who aren't affected by it.

The guy was 'unlucky' as he puts it, but I very much doubt he'll use the line again without a great deal of care.
Luther Blissett
Free the weed!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

/me bows back in

crass and unfunny doesn't add up to justified violence in my book
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For entertainment's value - a good punch-up is always a laugh.

If I'd paid to see Jeffries that night I'd have gone away at the end thinking it was a bargain. He walked the tightrope and fell off... haha
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Jeffries vs The Osbournes

Sharon Osbourne has told comic Jim Jeffries to ‘fuck off’ as his feud with her daughter Kelly escalates. The brash Australian stand-up branded Kelly unattractive, fat and untalented at the NME Awards USA earlier this year. And now he has received a bitter backlash from her aggressive, protective mother boasting about her ‘celebrity’ status.

Jeffries was presenting the awards in April when he joked that Kelly wasn’t as attractive as model Agyness Deyn. The 23-year-old responded with a tirade of four-letter words, to which Jeffries replied sarcastically: ‘I think she’d be famous even if she wasn’t Ozzy's daughter – she’s that good.’ Kelly then closed the argument by spitting at him.

In his new solo show, Jeffries reveals: ‘I thought that would be the end of it but I got an email from Sharon which said, “Dear Nobody. Wait until you're a celebrity before you criticise REAL celebrities. Why don't you fuck off.”’ Jeffries replied subtly: ‘Dear Sharon. After you had all that plastic surgery and had the fat sucked out of your thighs, why did you pump it into your daughter's face?’ Sharon’s publicist has not commented on the exchange.

Jeffries has a knack for attracting trouble, and last year was punched in the head by a punter at the Manchester Comedy Store.

--------------------

He's a right charmer eh? I'm not even a fan of the Osbournes, but he deserves another smack in the mouth and I hope he gets it soon... in fact, I encourage anyone reading this to take it upon themselves and lay the fucker out. You'll become more of a celebrity than he has managed so far - guaranteed!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Not 100% fact...'
The truth about Osbourne's outburst at comic

The angry exchange between Jim Jeffries and Sharon Osbourne might not actually have happened, his publicist has conceded. Yesterday, the Daily Mail reported that the X-Factor judge had told the Australian comic to ‘fuck off’ after he criticised her daughter Kelly at an awards ceremony.

At the time Jeffries agent told Chortle it was ‘all true’ and would be alerting the other tabloids. However, today his publicist issued a statement casting doubt on the story, saying: ‘The story that came out in the Daily Mail yesterday was a result of someone watching Jim’s Edinburgh preview show and making the schoolboy error of believing that stand-up comedy is 100 per cent fact. ‘Comedians sometimes play light and heavy with the truth. Why let the facts get in the way of a good joke?’

The bust-up allegedly happened after Jeffries made comments about Kelly’s looks and lack of talent at the NME Awards USA earlier this year. At the show, he said, sarcastically: ‘I think she’d be famous even if she wasn’t Ozzy's daughter – she’s that good,’ which prompted Kelly to spit at him. Afterwards, he received several angry emails – including one which was had allegedly come from Sharon Osbourne, saying: ‘Dear Nobody. Wait until you're a celebrity before you criticise REAL celebrities. Why don't you fuck off.’

However, today’s statement reveals that this might not be the full story. It said that ‘from what Jim can remember’, the email came from someone called ‘Shazza’ claiming to be Kelly’s mum. Jeffries’s spokeswoman conceded that even then: ‘He believed it wasn’t really Sharon and it was all in good fun.’ However, the story has appeared in newspapers across the world, including Jeffries original response: ‘Dear Sharon. After you had all that plastic surgery and had the fat sucked out of your thighs, why did you pump it into your daughter's face?’

-------------------

So it seems this is a blown up pile of bollocks, created by his agent. I have to admit, I've laughed at some of his jokes in bits I've seen, but Jeffries is still a dick.
nekokate

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's a choice between Jim Jefferies and the Osbourne family I'm behind Jim 100%. Sharon is hugely talented as a publicist but she's a total a cunt, and her daughter is nothing more than a spoiled, talentless cretin.

I'm saying this having never met either of them - haha. But from what I've seen of her in TV interviews she is up her own talentless arse. I saw a brilliant interview with Kelly by Simon Amstell and he totally slayed her. She was being a bitch and he wasn't having any of it so he just stepped up a few wit-gears and made her look ridiculous. At the end of the interview he said something like "You'd better hurry to the other side of the studio, you need to mime to your song in a minute".
Laughing
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, there's no doubting they're pretty pish, but everyone knows they're taking up too much space - so attacking them is hack easy meat. If he ever has the balls to attack someone important I'll be interested to see it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Videos, pics, audio, jokes, lists etc All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: