Serial Streaker banned!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Videos, pics, audio, jokes, lists etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahahahahahaha Very Happy
nekokate

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pirtybirdy wrote:
I don't like what the guy is doing, as there are children at these events, but I don't think it's right that they take his passport away. That is what I find most disturbing.

It's the children who are kept ignorant about stuff like this that grow up repressed. There's nothing sexual or shameful about it, so why indoctrinate it in a child's mind that there is?

Reminds me of the insanity over the Janet Jackson Superbowl nipple, with people acting like she'd beheaded a goat on stage or something. You don't protect a child by blindfolding them. I'd be saying "Look at the silly naked man, isn't he naughty!"
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nekokate wrote:
pirtybirdy wrote:
I don't like what the guy is doing, as there are children at these events, but I don't think it's right that they take his passport away. That is what I find most disturbing.

It's the children who are kept ignorant about stuff like this that grow up oppressed. There's nothing sexual or shameful about it, so why indoctrinate it in a child's mind that there is?

Reminds me of the insanity over the Janet Jackson Superbowl nipple, with people acting like she'd beheaded a goat on stage or something. You don't protect a child by blindfolding them. I'd be saying "Look at the silly naked man, isn't he naughty!"

I don't believe the kid will grow up "oppressed" just because at a young age I don't expose them to men's penises. I just think that is absurd. They will get a sex education when they are mature enough to have a discussion about it, but I don't want to have a discussion about it when a child is 4. You can do what you want with your child, but I don't wish to have other's values pushed or forced on me. These buzz words such as "oppressed and indoctrination" are quite over the top for the subject we are talking about in my opinion. I guess we can just agree to disagree. ;-)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
nekokate

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I changed oppressed to repressed - I realised I'd used the wrong word.

We can certainly agree to disagree, and I don't mean to offend you at all.

I'm not, however, talking about deliberately showing a 4 year old a man's penis! That would clearly be absurdly bad judgement. I'm more concerned about the reactionary midset of someone (not necessarily you) who would find it a major problem if their child were to accidentally see a streaker. That would seem to me to be an over-reaction, but hey, that's just me Smile
fritz

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shit I missed that game or match or whatever its called cheerleader cheerleader
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone remember that 70's song by Ray Stevens called "The Streak"?

"He's just in the mood to run in the nude!" Laughing Laughing Laughing

faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ethel! You Braaazen Hussy!!

Laughing
nekokate

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha! That's brilliant
Marcella-FL
Don't make me pull this van over!!!

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eefanincan wrote:
Does anyone remember when some guy streaked an American awards show a few years ago? I think it was the Oscars but I could be wrong. Streakers, streakers everywhere! Smile

God! That was in the 70's! David Niven was on stage and made a crack abour=t the guy's "short comings" ...
Marcella-FL
Don't make me pull this van over!!!

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being a parent of 4 children ... I have less of a problem with a streaker at a football match than I do with alot of movies / tv programs / commercials / print ads / billboards out there nowadays.... even if they are geared towards the general public. A streaker is not sexualized ... he's not stopping mid field having a wank ... he's making a statement, getting noticed, being silly ... can't say the same about the aforementioned things. If I could kick a few celebs off the planet - I would do it! Starting with Paris HIlton ...
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcella-FL wrote:
If I could kick a few celebs off the planet - I would do it! Starting with Paris HIlton ...

That's a "hot" idea Smile
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eefanincan wrote:
Marcella-FL wrote:
If I could kick a few celebs off the planet - I would do it! Starting with Paris HIlton ...

Laughing Beat me too it eefan!
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
eefanincan wrote:
Marcella-FL wrote:

Laughing Beat me too it eefan!

You know I can't resist a good Paris Hilton joke..... can't stand her!
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest .....if Abbi....the nearly six year old saw a streaker.....she would just be in a fit of giggles .....shes young and innocent and full of giggles ....
when I get in the shower......she wants too shower with me .....I can't say no .....cos shes been taking showers with me since she was really little ......
Now my sister (not the one u know face the one called LOL) is a morman.....and ...was 100% against her kids having sex education at school.....and FFS god forbid they ever saw her naked .......

well my daughter Anissa turned out to be a fairly level headed women (yes we took showers together too) but my sisters kids grew up with so many problems and still have many problems .....because she made them see the naked body as a bad thing ??????

cannot remember what point I was trying to make ......Very Happy

but anyways Streakers are Funny Smile
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carry On... streaking:
Judge refuses to give 'harmless' sporting stripper an Asbo
By JAMES TOZER
7th August 2007
www.dailymail.co.uk

He has made an exhibition of himself at some of the world's most famous sporting arenas. But it looked like the final whistle had sounded for serial streaker Mark Roberts when police applied for an Asbo to stop him exposing himself. Yesterday, however, a judge blocked the order. And Mr Roberts vowed to carry on streaking. The unemployed 42-year-old Liverpudlian was most recently spotted at last year's Ryder Cup, running on to the course with just a toy squirrel preserving his modesty and a golf ball between his buttocks as Tiger Woods was about to tee off.

Mr Roberts, who claims to have completed 380 streaks, says there are barely any sporting events left where he has yet to expose himself. Currently, streakers can be prosecuted for such offences as outraging public decency and indecent exposure but there is no specific law against their antics. At yesterday's hearing before Liverpool magistrates, Merseyside Police sought an anti-social behaviour order banning Mr Roberts from displaying his buttocks and genitals in public. He would have faced jail if he breached it.

Jim Clarke, for the force, said: 'Mr Roberts seeks to portray himself as a performer. But people do not pay to see this man streak.' However Laurence Lee, defending, said his client had not streaked in 12 months apart from last September's Ryder Cup in Ireland, adding that he had 'turned over a new fig leaf'. 'He accepts some people might be offended,' Mr Lee added. 'But this is good, old-fashioned British fun.'

District judge Nick Sanders rejected the Asbo application, saying Mr Roberts's behaviour did not cause real distress. ' What Mr Roberts does may be annoying but, in my opinion, it does not amount to anti-social behaviour,' he said. Afterwards, Mr Roberts said: 'Humour and justice has prevailed over political correctness. My motivation has only ever been to entertain people. The day I get booed by the public is the day I stop.' He hinted he is now considering retirement, adding: 'They should have brought this Asbo when I was in my prime, but I'm 42 and there's not much left that I want to do.'

Over the last 14 years, hundreds of millions of viewers have seen Mr Roberts naked, usually daubed with some pun or other. His most prominent appearances include:

• Leaping on to the floating weathermap during a live broadcast of This Morning in 1995.
• Running on to Centre Court during the 2002 Wimbledon men's final - between Lleyton Hewitt and David Nalbandian - and vaulting the net.
• Scaling the fence at Royal Ascot on Ladies' Day in 2003 and cantering down the track with 'Lady Muck' penned on his chest.
• Dashing on to the pitch at the 2004 SuperBowl in Houston, with 'Super Bowel' written across his back - moments later he was flattened by one of the players.
• Prancing around the table at the 2004 Embassy World Snooker Finals at the Crucible Theatre in Sheffield, naked except for a pair of shiny black shoes and joke teeth.

There was a shock delay in America, when Roberts paraded after the first-quarter of the 2004 Superbowl. After yesterday's ruling, police called for a change in the law to enable them to ban repeat streakers, saying their stunts detracted from their ability to tackle hooliganism and the threat of terrorist attacks. John Beyer, of the pressure group Mediawatch UK, said: 'This ruling is likely to lead other people to do the same thing. I hope broadcasters will be vigilant in not transmitting their actions as nudity does cause offence, particularly during the daytime.'

----------------------------

Ahh, the legal system. It has its moments for sure... I'm glad to hear the guy's turned over a new fig-leaf Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Videos, pics, audio, jokes, lists etc All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: