Prince Harry "I'm shitting myself!"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:32 am    Post subject: Prince Harry "I'm shitting myself!" Reply with quote

ACTION man Prince Harry has spoken for the first time about going to war and frankly confessed: "I'm shitting myself!"

As controversy raged over sending the young royal to Iraq, he threw a farewell party for pals and in a moving, down-to-earth speech declared: "I'm a nervous wreck. I've waited a long time and just want to get out there and serve my country."

In his startling barrack-room style, the 22-year-old royal courageously vowed: "I'm prepared to do anything they throw at me."

Valiant Harry was making it clear he is ready to risk his life, if necessary, fighting insurgents. But he went on realistically: "Whether I serve on the front line or carry out a desk job in Basra I just want to get out to Iraq and serve my country.

"I'll be honoured to serve as best I can — whatever I do. I have to listen to the orders of my commanding officers. Sadly, it's out of my hands.

"I'm proud of the men I've trained with over the last few months but I have to respect that they need to be safe as well" — a clear reference to claims that his presence will make his comrades a target.

With passion he added: "It's a great, great feeling to go to Iraq.

"I don't know what to expect. I'm nervous, excited and apprehensive ...and I'm really looking forward to it. I just want to get out there and do it."

Risks

Harry delivered his farewell address at London's exclusive Mahiki club on Friday night, telling 20 close pals and Army buddies: "I'm going to miss my family. But I'm proud to serve my country, which is a great honour."

Click here for a slideshow

With stunning girlfriend Chelsy Davy at his side, the prince gave his side of the debate raging over whether he should even be sent to the Gulf danger zone.

Although passionately determined to fight, he admitted for the first time that he may never even set foot on a battlefield during his six-month deployment.

"They haven't decided what exactly I'm going to do out there," he admitted.

Harry, who this week was given ID dog-tags that he must wear at all times in Iraq, is well aware of the risks.

And the News of the World has discovered that, under orders, he has already written out a will detailing the disposal of his personal fortune, estimated at £13 million.

Army chiefs are still considering the EXACT role to be assigned to 2nd Lieutenant Harry of the Blues and Royals after he arrives in the Middle East.

And a trusted palace source admitted to the News of the World: "As the time approaches for Harry to go, senior members of the royal family are extremely anxious.

"Now they're just like any other family, hoping their son, daughter or grandchild gets home safely."

The final decision on the prince's orders will be made by the head of the Army, General Sir Richard Dannatt, within days. His team must assess the risk not only to Harry but also to his colleagues.

Terror leader Abu Mujtaba, commander of a 50-strong unit of Iraqi insurgents, has chillingly piled on the pressure. He said: "One of our aims is to capture Harry. We have people inside the British bases to inform us on when he will arrive.

"We have a special unit that would work to track him down. Not only us, but every person who hates the British and the Americans will try to get him — all the mujahideens, al-Qaeda and the Iranians will try.

"For me he is just a British soldier and he should be killed if he comes to Iraq. But let's be realistic, we can kill hundreds of British soldiers before forcing them to withdraw — but Harry is a bigger catch and we will force the British to come on their knees and talk to us."

Our forces there are already mourning 11 British servicemen and women killed in the last month — including two performing the same role Harry hopes to undertake with his 12-man troop, reconnaissance.

Some of those listening to the prince's touching words in the upstairs bar of the nightclub were brave soldiers he was hoping to lead into the dangerous Maysan province known as ‘Mad Max Land'.

Harry arrived at Mahiki shortly after 9pm hand-in-hand with Chelsy, 21, who was sporting a knockout red dress and glowing tan from their recent three-week holiday in Barbados.

Mystery

They were greeted by one of Harry's closest pals Guy Pelly, who is the club's general manager.

Although Harry had booked both floors of the venue for his private party, hundreds of his posh pals couldn't get in when the club reached its 300 capacity shortly after midnight.

Harry's brother Prince William, second in line to the throne, did get in but MISSED the moving speech. He spent most of the night canoodling in a corner with a mystery brunette.

The club's owners Piers Adams and Nick House have refused to divulge details of the party. But one guest told us: "There was a really good atmosphere. Everyone just wanted to wish Harry well before he heads off.

"He was talking to as many pals as he could, shaking their hands and giving them big hugs."

After hitting the dance floor, the prince and Chelsy headed off at 12.50am. But brother Wills, 24, didn't leave until 3.35am.

Another reveller said: "It's clear he's enjoying himself as a single man again. He didn't want to leave — the cleaners nearly had to kick him out!"
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valiant Harry? Christ on a propagandic bike.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I guess time will tell whether or not he'll actually be going. It's a shame really that his going will be putting others at risk...... I'm sure he doesn't want that.

I wouldn't call him Valliant, either... he's not really done anything.... plus, it's not like he has a choice whether or not to go.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he does have a choice - he can buy himself out of his contract...
fritz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers face agree
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear on the news now that they've decided to let him go and fight it out. I just hope it doesn't put anyone else at risk.
Mandy

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately it will put others around him at risk .. and that is part of the concern.

Heaven help any "lookalikes". If the "insurgents" find a lookalike and torture him to admit that he really is Harry, who knows what would happen ...

The conspiracy theorists would have a field day : Did they capture the "real Harry" .. and the one who came back was an imposter because the government could never admit Harry's loss ?
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well fok u all ..i like harry and I loved his mum.......attack me now Very Happy
Mandy

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aja wrote:
well fok u all ..i like harry and I loved his mum.......attack me now Very Happy

?!?!?!? Who says we don't like Harry & his mum ? If you like someone, you don't put them in harm's way.

You didn't mention his dad.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aja wrote:

You should probably attack yourself for that, but I'll give it a go, seeing as you asked! I will not be bothered in the slightest if this guy comes back in a body bag or missing bits as he has the choice to do as he wants, yet chooses to go to war. It is the mark of a complete idiot, nothing else.

There are many people who sign up to the army because they have no other choice of employment and I feel sorry for them as they can't afford to buy themselves out when their government sends them to fight an immoral and illegal war that cannot be won.

If he had even an ounce of the decency that his mother had he would be protesting against the war, not taking part in it. He's a stupid royal bastard whose attitude does nothing for me other than prove what a disgusting waste of privilege the royals are.

There you go - is that enough of an attack? I've got more if you want it!

Cool
luke

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GG_Fan wrote:
aja wrote:

?!?!?!? Who says we don't like Harry & his mum ? If you like someone, you don't put them in harm's way.

You didn't mention his dad.

who, james hewitt? wink

i used to think i was bad luck for the royals, when i was younger i was dragged along to line the streets waving the flag for charles and di's wedding, then we did it all again for fergie and andrews wedding ... and they both ended in divorce Laughing i stayed out the way for the last one and they seem to be doing alright, so if you want a happy marriage, make sure i'm not about waving a flag wink Laughing

i don't think harry should go, i don't think anyone should go - we should be bringing people back not sending more, but if his being there results in an increased threat to others around him ( i say increased because they are already being attacked every day ) then he shouldn't go

part of me though also thinks this is just a huge pr scam
Mandy

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
bastard

Literally ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: