Girls said murdering friend felt right, court told
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
janbo1960

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:43 am    Post subject: Girls said murdering friend felt right, court told Reply with quote

The Perth Children's Court has heard two teenage girls told police they murdered their 15-year-old friend because it just felt right.

The court is conducting a hearing to determine what sentence should be imposed on the girls, who have pleaded guilty to wilfully murdering Eliza Davis.

Her body was found in a shallow grave underneath a house in Collie, in south-west Western Australia, in June last year.

The court has been told the pair have shown a complete lack of remorse and emotion over what has been described as a sadistic, callous and cold-blooded murder.

The two girls were aged 16 in June last year when they committed the murder and are now aged 17.

Reports presented to the court said the murder seemed to have been the result of the girls' desire to experience killing someone.

The reports also recommended not letting the girls see each other, saying that together they posed a risk to others in custody.

Prosecutors have told the court that in interviews with police, the girls said they did not feel bad or care about killing their friend, who had a chemical-soaked cloth put over her face and was strangled with a piece of wire.

Neither girl gave any detailed explanation for the murder, although one recently told a psychiatrist the girls had thought about killing before and the murder of Ms Davis "just felt right".

The official cause of death was strangulation.

Outside the court, the parents of Eliza Davis, Steven and Erin Davis, said the girls should be held behind bars for as long as possible.

"As much as possible would never be enough," they said.

"They should stay in jail for the rest of their lives .... and no one else should have to go through what we're going through.

"If we still had the death penalty, they should get the death penalty."

The girls' lawyers will present their submissions to the court tomorrow
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bloody hell - I wonder if they started on animals first?
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if they'll understand that keeping them behind bars will just "feel right"?
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eefanincan wrote:
I wonder if they'll understand that keeping them behind bars will just "feel right"?

Spot on!
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be so void of any human emotion such as remorse for what they've done really shocks the hell out of me.
Mandy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did their parents fail to show them what love & compassion means ?

What about their religion ? (if any, or else what moral value system were they being taught).

Yep, I am looking at the environment they were in to see what environment could produce 2 such girls.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GG_Fan wrote:
Did their parents fail to show them what love & compassion means ?

What about their religion ? (if any, or else what moral value system were they being taught).

Yep, I am looking at the environment they were in to see what environment could produce 2 such girls.

The thing that struck me is in this day and age you can understand one person being this way as there's so many nutters about, but finding 2 young girls with the same sense of arrogance and justification towards what they've done seems so odd.
Mandy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
The thing that struck me is in this day and age you can understand one person being this way as there's so many nutters about, but finding 2 young girls with the same sense of arrogance and justification towards what they've done seems so odd.

They weren't sisters .. so we had two sets of parents here (possibly -- unless divorced).

So, the common link between these 2 girls was the environment .. so I wonder what their environment / lives were like.

Were they religious ? (without implying which way the answer might be)

What about parental influence ? Parents separated, or even no parental figures around ?
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GG_Fan wrote:
IRiSHMaFIA wrote:

They weren't sisters .. so we had two sets of parents here (possibly -- unless divorced).

So, the common link between these 2 girls was the environment .. so I wonder what their environment / lives were like.

What about parental influence ? Parents separated, or even no parental figures around ?

For both to be equally as brutal I'm wondering about their background as well. I'm thinking one was strong minded and influenced the other .....pure conjecture of course.
Mandy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be interested in seeing their school report .. i.e. if there were "signs" of problems at school (e.g. if they were bullies .. or being bullied).

At age of 16, they are effectively adults .. could drive ... could marry etc.
Marcella-FL
Don't make me pull this van over!!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can't say it is a sign of the times because I know of a few similar murders that have happened in the past 60 years ... what was the famous one in England in the 60's with the 2 girls who trashed the school and killed a little boy? Mary Bell?

found a link:http://www.crimelibrary.com/notorious_murders/famous/bell/index_1.html
Mandy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems the number of callous murders (including shootings) is increasing .. that doesn't mean they haven't happened before, but if the environment which causes them is now more wide spread, then that is the danger.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
GG_Fan wrote:
IRiSHMaFIA wrote:

For both to be equally as brutal I'm wondering about their background as well. I'm thinking one was strong minded and influenced the other .....pure conjecture of course.

Actually the common link would not be environment because they were raised in different households. They could have had similar enviornments but since they didn't reside together you don't want to infer that.

However, I am sure enviornment in both cases will have had a major influence on this.

I would look towards both school records and family reports. This isn't very common at all so there are some serious factors.

I really would lean towards your theory Irish that one was dominant over the other as it does tend to be that way in cases like this.
Bob

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bit cold and creepy that ain't it...
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually have a kindergartener this year who attacked another student on the playground and kicked him in the head several times. When her teacher asked her why she did she responded "I wanted to see how it felt".

I've been working with her a lot this year and have seen a lot of progress but I still worry so much.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: