homemade pizza

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: homemade pizza Reply with quote

I got some bits from the shop today to make my own pizzas, and by hell it's good...

red onion, chorizo, green pepper, mushroom, a couple of jalapeno slices, pepper and mixed herbs - brilliant!

if you've got any suggestions for toppings that aren't the standard, post em up! Cool
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Jalapeño is standard here! I have to make sure sometimes to ask for it to be left off.

However, some things that are also popular here (even though I can't stand it) is ranch dressing to dip the pizza in. Or even a hamburger pizza. Made with Mustard sauce instead of tomato. A favorite of mine is Hawaiian pizza. That's with ham and pineapple! YUM!

We get all sorts of weird stuff here!
cori

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just had one the other night with fresh slices of garlic & parsley it was delish. My fave is with anchovies, the boy's love Hawaiian.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cori wrote:
I just had one the other night with fresh slices of garlic & parsley it was delish. My fave is with anchovies, the boy's love Hawaiian.

thumbs Smart boys!

I might have to try the garlic and parsley, that sounds very yummy.
girldorksrule
Arrrrrrr...scurvy!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black olive and green chili is my favorite. And I love dipping it in ranch (but not the bottled kind...has to be the real ranch).
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
Laughing Jalapeño is standard here! I have to make sure sometimes to ask for it to be left off.

However, some things that are also popular here (even though I can't stand it) is ranch dressing to dip the pizza in. Or even a hamburger pizza. Made with Mustard sauce instead of tomato. A favorite of mine is Hawaiian pizza. That's with ham and pineapple! YUM!

We get all sorts of weird stuff here!

When we treat ourselves to pizza, we usually order it with hamburger.... but it's not like the one you mention here Sky. Actually I think it's called a cheeseburger pizza as it has some different cheeses on it. I like it because the pepperoni makes me sick. And I can't do the hot/jalapeno pepper stuff. The chorizo sounds good though, Face! I haven't had good chorio since I lived in Texas...... they had the best homemade stuff there.

Other than that, we don't do anything too exciting here. I've had grilled chicken and sun-dried tomato and that's nice, but not a standard thing.
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My fave at the moment is Feta and spinich and Grape tomato's

But my all time fave is Pepporoni and anchovies Very Happy

I hate fruit on pizza Sad

And I hate a sweet pizza sauce BLAH !!!
Brown Sauce

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

artichoke hearts and walnuts. But you have to use the hearts stored in oil, not the saline solution.
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: homemade pizza Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
I got some bits from the shop today to make my own pizzas, and by hell it's good...

red onion, chorizo, green pepper, mushroom, a couple of jalapeno slices, pepper and mixed herbs - brilliant!

if you've got any suggestions for toppings that aren't the standard, post em up! Cool

My ex had started doing something similar awhile ago. He'd by a plain cheese pizza or perhaps just the crust and put all his stuff that he wanted on. It's 10 times better than what you could buy because it's fresh out of the oven, it's fresh ingredients and one can put as much or as little of the things they want on it. Brilliant!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Aja's Kitchen All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: