flashing cursor in Firefox

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Tech news, tips and help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:09 am    Post subject: flashing cursor in Firefox Reply with quote

Over the past few days I'd noticed that Firefox kept displaying screens with a flashing cursor next to the first bit of text, meaning that if I pressed page/down etc it would jump about the screen instead of scrolling - it was bloody annoying, so I did a quick search and found this:

Quote:
Recently I was reinstalling Firefox, because I was trying to check if reinstalling it is going to ruin my profile (like it did last time) or not. After all that was done and I opened up Firefox and went to browse around I noticed that the cursor started blinking on the screen. Now, since I've played around quite a bit with Firefox, I didn't panic because I instantly knew that it was a feature called 'caret browsing'. The main reason that Firefox has this feature is that you can select text with your keyboard.

If you want to get rid of this the solution is simple... press F7! And if you want to turn it on again then you need to do the same as well. So now when you see blinking cursors on the screen when you are browsing through web pages don't freak out... it's just caret browsing.

from HERE

I tell you, that was good to find!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Tech news, tips and help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: