I need help grrrrrrrrrrrr

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Tech news, tips and help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:35 am    Post subject: I need help grrrrrrrrrrrr Reply with quote

I need a litltle help and as asked by face am copying this question to here crazed

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
Aja wrote:
ps i cant get the smilys to work or post pics am i being thick ?

I sorted your avatar. Half of it showed white so I chopped that bit off and put it in your profile.

Check your pm for the graphic location

Thanks for that Irish ....I am still having problems with smileys grrrrrrrr...... if i hit the smileys before i post they show up ......if i do it after they dont ? and this is what happens when i try and post a pic ..?

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/britaja/100_0780abbiandfellaxmas.jpg?t=1167955613[/img]

ps i have been using photobucket for ages .... am i missing something ?

Ok first question answered ..... i just read other post about smiles ..... thumbs

I just need help as to why pic wont show .... is it something to do with the ? after jpg killpc
admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is the ? indeed - if you delete the ?t=1167955613 bit from the end it will work..

as for the smilies, there is a thread about that in this section. It looks like it's down to the thing not being able to handle IE7, yet...
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aja you should really start using firefox. It's a far better browser and they've loads of add-ons you can use on the fly for posting pics etc.

Go to this thread here and read about this add-on as it's good for both firefox and ie. It would help you bigtime with pics and a few other things

http://www.couchtripper.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?p=19563#19563

As far as the smilies go, if you're using ie7, they've an instant popup blocker that you have to take off in your tools-options. I know that plays up with a lot of things on websites when I've used it. That might have a lot to do with the smilies not being able to be used.

If you're using a googlebar then it automatically has a popup blocker as well and I'm sure that's what the problem is....and lastly....if you're using Zone Alarm then it might possibly be the ad blocker. If that's the case let me know and I'll post the settings to sort that out.
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the help guys cheers1

will look at that thread as soon as ive made my self a drink Irish (just got home from work ) Smile
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aja wrote:
thanks for the help guys cheers1

will look at that thread as soon as ive made my self a drink Irish (just got home from work ) Smile

Make me one while you're at it! lol

Another thing to do that might be the easiest solution is to just go back to ie6 if you've upgraded to ie7.

The way to do that is just go into add/remove programs and remove ie7. Reboot and it automatically goes back to ie6 and nothing is lost such as faves etc thumbs

Now....where's that drink woman!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Tech news, tips and help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: