Comic Relief 2006 Airs Saturday 18 November

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:03 pm    Post subject: Comic Relief 2006 Airs Saturday 18 November Reply with quote

Just a reminder: Comic Relief airs this Saturday, 18 November 2006 from 9:00 pm EST - 12:00 am on HBO and TBS (Cable).

In its 20th anniversary year, Comic Relief will put on an effort to help raise funds for Hurricane Katrina victims.

Hosted by Billy Crystal, Whoopi Goldberg and Robin Williams.

Additional participants include:
ROSEANNE BARR, LEWIS BLACK, LOUIS C.K., ?DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES? CAST MEMBERS, ?ENTOURAGE? CAST MEMBERS, MIKE EPPS, SUSIE ESSMAN, D.L. HUGHLEY, JIMMY KIMMEL, GEORGE LOPEZ, BILL MAHER, HOWIE MANDEL, RAY ROMANO, REBECCA ROMIJN, RITA RUDNER, STEVE SCHIRRIPA, SARAH SILVERMAN, JON STEWART AND STEPHEN COLBERT,
TRIUMPH THE INSULT COMIC DOG AND DEBRA WILSON. (sorry for the "all caps", I cut and pasted this from the press release).

http://www.comicrelief.org/
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Comic Relief 2006 Airs Saturday 18 November Reply with quote

Kezza wrote:
Just a reminder: Comic Relief airs this Saturday, 18 November 2006 from 9:00 pm EST - 12:00 am on HBO and TBS (Cable).

In its 20th anniversary year, Comic Relief will put on an effort to help raise funds for Hurricane Katrina victims.

Hosted by Billy Crystal, Whoopi Goldberg and Robin Williams.

Additional participants include:
ROSEANNE BARR, LEWIS BLACK, LOUIS C.K., ?DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES? CAST MEMBERS, ?ENTOURAGE? CAST MEMBERS, MIKE EPPS, SUSIE ESSMAN, D.L. HUGHLEY, JIMMY KIMMEL, GEORGE LOPEZ, BILL MAHER, HOWIE MANDEL, RAY ROMANO, REBECCA ROMIJN, RITA RUDNER, STEVE SCHIRRIPA, SARAH SILVERMAN, JON STEWART AND STEPHEN COLBERT,
TRIUMPH THE INSULT COMIC DOG AND DEBRA WILSON. (sorry for the "all caps", I cut and pasted this from the press release).

http://www.comicrelief.org/

Thanks for the post, Kez. I saw Robin Williams on tv yesterday talking about this but never actually heard the date. Don't know if I can stay up this late as I'm working early..... but likely I will and just be really tired the next da.y.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers for that Kezza - I'd not heard about it.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:

Will you get it there faceless? If not I can cap it for you. Just let me know Smile
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
faceless wrote:

Will you get it there faceless? If not I can cap it for you. Just let me know Smile

It's not on here as far as I know, but if you fancy doing it that would be great. Is it not a good few hours though? Could be quite a task...
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
faceless wrote:

It's not on here as far as I know, but if you fancy doing it that would be great. Is it not a good few hours though? Could be quite a task...

It's 3 hours and I can just set it on timer to record. I'll cut out the ads and maybe split it into 2 parts.

I don't mind doing it at all, and especially if it's something you'd like to see. You do enough for everyone else so it'd be my pleasure to do it for you Smile
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
faceless wrote:
IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
faceless wrote:

It's 3 hours and I can just set it on timer to record. I'll cut out the ads and maybe split it into 2 parts.

I don't mind doing it at all, and especially if it's something you'd like to see. You do enough for everyone else so it'd be my pleasure to do it for you Smile

nice one - I'll look forward to it

Cool
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay IRiSH!! thumbs
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, what did y'all think of this? Mebbe I'm not in the best of moods, but I didn't find it to be super-funny (although, given the subject matter, perhaps there was an issue of sensitivity). I did enjoy the Jon Stewart/Stephen Colbert bit though.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloodyhell I put the timer on from 10-1 as that's the time it's on here. It's now going on 2 and it's still not over! Good thing I was able to change the time on my computer so it kept going, but I don't get why anyone would watch this shite because it's censored? Why in hell would they cut out bits of it because the comedians are cursing? It's a bunch of shite if you ask me.

Anyway, I'll have it up tomorrow and maybe in 3 files if it keeps going for much longer. I wish it would end grrrrrrrrr Mad These comedians are about as funny as a crutch in a polio ward.

I guess some of you like this stuff but it's totally not my cup of tea. I'd far rather watch paint dry, and I can't turn off the tv with the way this recording's going or it will end the capture Crying

Fuck meeeeeeeeee! Laughing
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised it's censored - that is shite. I'd expect better from HBO! Still, I'll look forward to seeing it anyway.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
Bloodyhell I put the timer on from 10-1 as that's the time it's on here. It's now going on 2 and it's still not over! Good thing I was able to change the time on my computer so it kept going, but I don't get why anyone would watch this shite because it's censored? Why in hell would they cut out bits of it because the comedians are cursing? It's a bunch of shite if you ask me.

Anyway, I'll have it up tomorrow and maybe in 3 files if it keeps going for much longer. I wish it would end grrrrrrrrr Mad These comedians are about as funny as a crutch in a polio ward.

I guess some of you like this stuff but it's totally not my cup of tea. I'd far rather watch paint dry, and I can't turn off the tv with the way this recording's going or it will end the capture Crying

I thought it would be on in my area but it wasn't..... sounds like I didn't miss too much! I hate it when the censor stuff like that.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eefanincan wrote:
IRiSHMaFIA wrote:

I thought it would be on in my area but it wasn't..... sounds like I didn't miss too much! I hate it when the censor stuff like that.

When I was encoding it I watched a wee bit. The beginning was pretty funny as they were showing old clips of other ones and some was quite good. I don't know about the rest of it but I'm sure there's some good laughs in there. When I was waiting for it to end, Rosanne Barr was on and she said a couple funny things but the audience seemed a tad unresponsive.

It's almost 4 hours long so there's bound to be some funny bits there, but I can't stand when things are censored. Cursing is part of the act in what they're doing and cutting it out just seems really ridiculous as the routine gets ruined.
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, the show was simulcast on HBO, with a 8-second delay on TBS for the censors.

The HBO broadcast was not censored. I confirmed this after hearing f**k several times, then flipping over to TBS, where it was bleeped out.

Sorry I don't have a TV card in my computer, but it will be re-shown on HBO, if you want the uncensored programme.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Comedy News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: