Ratios

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Tech news, tips and help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sandy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:05 am    Post subject: Ratios Reply with quote

Now this is going to be difficult. Not to explain what's happening but the replies I'm going to get - I won't understand what you're all going to tell me.

I had a problem with Azureus shutting down but luckily that sorted itself out. Now the problem is that although I sometimes try to get in early on a torrent so that I can share it and keep the ration up it isn't working. I am going down gradually bit by bit. As I said I get in early when I can and keep Azureus open and torrents up at least a week for sharing so even if the ration doesn't go up then surely it shouldn't go down!! I was going to change to Utorrent but like Irish I don't really want to change but also have the added problem that I don't know enough to be able to do it. Do I uninstal Azureas then download Utorrent or keep them both for a while? Also maybe there is a way that I can improve Azureua as it was ok before my computer had a virus and I had to start from scratch. I do always force start downloads and uploads so don't think that's the problem.

If annyone has any suggestions please tell me in baby talk as the main reason I don't join in a lot of the discussions is because I don't understand the computer language (if you know what I mean). Like DHT's or URL's and stuff.

There is a name for people like me - plonker comes to mind.

Would appreciate any help I can get.

Cheers
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Sandy,

I had trouble with Azeurus as well and finally switched to Utorrent....... and have been trouble free since then. I'm sure there's someone more qualified than me to explain the process but it wasn't hard as I recall. Perhaps you could install UTorrent then make it your default then get rid of Azeurus? (I don't recall for sure but I think that's how I went about it.).

Good luck! Confused Smile
Sandy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Eefan - I'm gonna try that and let you know how I get on.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eefan's right Sandy, you should try utorrent as it's the best client out there. Thing to remember is this (and it drives me mad too but it's just the way things are). If you don't post anything the only way for your ratio to go is down. I posted some stuff at the beginning and had 3.5 but haven't in ages and it's slowly sinking more and more. The reason for this is you're getting the file yourself, then any seeding you do usually doesn't match amount you've taken because there's just not a lot of others getting it and the community is small.

As long as faceless sees people making the attempt by seeding and not doing the ole hit and run, I don't feel he's too bothered at all. He realises people can't go through the roof with ratios and it's easy to see who keeps the seed open so I'd not worry about that bit.

Change clients and you'll be sorted and utorrent is a lot easier to figure out than AZ anyday agree
Bob

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't need to uninstall Azu if you want to play around with uTorrent.

Though to tweak Azu to get its' best, click on the Help tab and then on the links to the faq, the wiki is really very good...
Sandy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info peeps. I'm gonna use utorrent now and will let you know how it goes.

Cheers xx
Sandy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, but don't like utorrent and I now can't get rid of it. It is extremely slow and maybe it's me but Azures has always been straightforward - I can't work this one out. I want to make Azureus my default instead of utorrent but can't find out how to do it so I tried to delete utorrent. Nice idea but I don't know where it is to delete it. Tried control panel to add and delete programmes but it isn't bloody well there. It must be somewhere because it opens when I want to download a programme from here so until I find it and anhialate it I'll hold fire with the downloads. Sorry to all utorrent fans but I'm going to find it and get rid of it.
Bob

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you didn't have to uninstal utorrent, like in the past, then just delete the folder and the prog is gone.

To get Azu to be registered to open torrent files, the slow way, because Azu just updated and I can't find the option...anyway....save a torrent file to desktop, and hold shift and right click the torrent file, there should be an option that says "Open with.." hit that, and select Azu from the list, or browse and find where Azu exe file is, and okay it and your sorted.

If you ain't using windows, that was a waste of time, and wouldn't know how to associate a file in macs.
Sandy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Bob - didn't need to do that in the end and I do have windows so it would have been a help. I was able to just delete the utorrent wherever I saw it eventually - didn't need to uninstal so I was just panicking - as usual.

Thank you all for your help and I'm happy being back with Azureus now - don't think I'll much about any more.

Cheers xxx Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Tech news, tips and help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: