Time lapse......
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Videos, pics, audio, jokes, lists etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Twirley

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow - the auroras are fantastic, gordonrussell. I would love to go see them for real one day.
gordonrussell

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it is beautiful Twirley. The next one is a mixture.......

Full details
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Set building for 'Inception'
Brown Sauce

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really cool coral reef stuff.

Created by University of Queensland PhD student Daniel Stoupin, this remarkable macro video of coral reefs, sponges and other underwater wildlife, brings a fragile and rarely-seen world into vivid focus. Stoupin shot some 150,000 photographs which he edited down to create the final clip. He shares about the endeavor:

Time lapse cinematography reveals a whole different world full of hypnotic motion and my idea was to make coral reef life more spectacular and thus closer to our awareness. I had a bigger picture in my mind for my clip. But after many months of processing hundreds of thousands of photos and trying to capture various elements of coral and sponge behavior I realized that I have to take it one step at a time. For now, the clip just focuses on beauty of microscopic reef “landscapes.” The close-up patterns and colors of this type of fauna hardly resemble anything from the terrestrial environments. Corals become even less familiar if you consider their daily “activities.”
luke

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is really cool - amazing
gordonrussell

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Calbuco, a volcano in southern Chile that overlooks the city of puerto Montt erupted this week, the volcano emitted an ash plume that rose to approximately 33,00 feet, that’s 10 kilometers according to a Buenos Aires Observatory.

“The volcano erupted with little warning, prompting the Chilean Geological Survey and the Chilean Emergency Management Agency to declare a 12-mile (20-kilometer) exclusion zone around the mountain. At least 1,500 people in the area have been evacuated, amid fears of additional lava and the potential for mudflows down the mountain.” – Brian Clark Howard, National Geographic

Authorities have declared a red alert and evacuated thousands of people within a 20km (12 mile) radius.The Calbuco volcano is one of the most active in Chile, but its eruption took officials in the area by surprise."
http://www.collective-evolution.com/2015/04/24/watch-chile-volcano-erupts-in-stunning-time-lapse/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Videos, pics, audio, jokes, lists etc All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: