Black Metal Satanica

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Full shows (streaming)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:07 am    Post subject: Black Metal Satanica Reply with quote

----------------

This is a pretty mad doc about the Black Metal scene in Scandinavia and how it grew from the early 80s onwards. Church burnings, grave desecrations, suicide, murder and Satanism are all covered, with various people who all seem to have varying opinions on what it all means. Some of them are fairly cool, but others are just scumbag arseholes and bastards.
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds interesting, especially since I have my Scandinavian husband here to watch with me. Thanks Face!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is fairly interesting. There is a smallish segment about it in a documentary called (I think) "Headbangers Journey". It was done by a Canadian anthropologist who just happens to be a metal head as well. It is very well done and discusses all sorts of metal, including the Scandinavian Black Metal.
Colston

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like some of the music... enjoyed Candlemass back in the day but a lot of it was too much. It all came thick and fast after European bands like Kreator and Celtic Frost broke through.

I was a big thrash fan in the 80s and loved it. However very much music for your teens and 20s.... that said I have an occasional listen now. Voivod the Canadian thrash mentalists I still have a listen to from time to time.
IfThisIsAMan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got around to watching this, have to say I'm not a massive fan of black metal, or metal in general but it still made for a really interesting watch, some of these guys are crazy but I thought the watain guy had some cool stuff to say.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

updated
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Full shows (streaming) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: