2010 - 2011 National Hockey League: Pucks!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pirtybirdy wrote:
Rangers just lost in overtime. Tied series. Good game. :-)

That was the quickest OT I've seen in ages (but that was one hell of a backhanded goal!)! I'm not a real fan of either team, but this game certainly kept my attention. I'm guessing Brendan Shannahan will be busy writing up suspension papers for Hagelin after the hit Andersson took (Even my head hurt after that!).

I don't think we've seen the last of the fighting in this series.......

@face....that clip seems to be showing a different game, thats why it's only "clean" action Laughing I'm sure if you google the Ottawa Senators or New York Rangers tomorrow, they'll be all sorts of highlights."......... I would think people in the UK would find hockey hard to watch---the "offside" rule is completely different than in football Confused Laughing
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hadn't seen the first game in the series, but it seems to me they were pissed off with each other right from the get go. LOL! Looking forward to the next game in Ottawa to see how it all pans out. I do like a good brawl now and again but I'd much prefer to see good hockey and the game won by my favorite team! :-) Laughing

Hey EEfan, how does the offside rule work in football?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I meant soccer technically, but thought I'd use the UK term......not sure quite how to explain the rule. Really, you have to have an opposing player between you and the goal you are shooting at, and if you don't, then you're offside. Much different when you don't have any blue lines to worry about Smile
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eefanincan wrote:
Well, I meant soccer technically, but thought I'd use the UK term......not sure quite how to explain the rule. Really, you have to have an opposing player between you and the goal you are shooting at, and if you don't, then you're offside. Much different when you don't have any blue lines to worry about Smile

Ah! So you can't really have a breakaway in soccer/football where someone takes possession of the ball and is one on one with the goaltender? Does he have to wait for the opponent to catch up or would they blow the whistle immediately?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pirtybirdy wrote:
eefanincan wrote:

Ah! So you can't really have a breakaway in soccer/football where someone takes possession of the ball and is one on one with the goaltender? Does he have to wait for the opponent to catch up or would they blow the whistle immediately?

I think they call it right away.........any soccer/football fans feel free to jump in on this 'cause I'm far from being an expert. Maybe you could google it pirty, I'm sure someone can explain it better than I.
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can have a breakaway because the offside rule is applied when the ball is passed, so say the defender is either even or in front of the offensive player (by in front I mean between the offensive player and the goal) when the ball is passed. The player receiving the ball now has moved passed the defender, still onside because now he has the ball, can be in a one on one situation with the goalie.

The linesman will call offside immediately unless it the team is Man U, then it is when Alex Ferguson says so... Laughing
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was a more than a cheap shot, it was a downright disgusting attack and I think Torres is getting off lightly -- there is no place for this kind of crap, in the NHL. A fair hit, is a fair hit, but this guy was just out to hurt someone. I wonder if losing $533 525 will make him think twice about doing it again??? Confused Confused Confused (I doubt it).

pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where has our Kezza been? Kezza's Washington Capitals are playing my New York Rangers starting tomorrow. Yippee!!! I hope my Rangers don't play as awful as they did during the Senators series. I don't even know how they managed to pull off last nights win! lol lol Hopefully, they will pull their fingers out of their butts and bring out their hockey talent. I love the playoffs!
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe she just can't peel herself away from the tv... LOL! I was pulling for the Sens and will be pulling for the Caps (as I was against the Bruins), but my biggest joy is in the fact that Florida is now watching from their couch...just like me! YAY! Not sure about the West. Have to take a look at how that ended up. I know Chicago is out, but...
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pulling for the Caps as well......Dale Hunter and his brother own our Jr. A team. --- and while the Caps were winning their series, our Knights swept their series in four games! agree thumbs
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wonderful New York Rangers won this afternoon! I'm happier than a pig in shit! Caps didn't seem as hungry as the Senators. The Senators put up a good fight and probably deserved the spot more so than the Rangers. We'll see, it's a long series to go yet, so lets see what is in store for next time. Looking forward to the next game and all the excitement that goes with it! :-)
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was getting updates all concert (98 Rock Fest - a day long concert put on every year by a local radio station) from my two Rangers friends.....who delighted in telling me every play. C'mon Caps... don't make me sorry I backed you!
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, my friend went to that concert. Sounded like it was a lot of fun. :-) Just watched the Philly/Jersey game. Philly won in OT. They dominated in the end. Still hoping Jersey wins it. I have a soft spot for Marty Brodeur. :-)
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had a great time. I love concerts. I went to South Florida a couple of weekends ago to see Staind and Godsmack. I went by myself and had a blast!

Caps just tied up the series. Even thought Ovie scored the winner, I will take it!
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rangers just won! Yay! Another exciting series shall be next with the Rangers playing the New Jersey Devils. That'll be a nice local rivalry! Looking forward to watching that series! :-)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

Jump to: