Lucky B*stard
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Videos, pics, audio, jokes, lists etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snow Fall: Driver Survives 200ft Truck Plunge
Monday April 02, 2012
Sky News

A truck driver in Norway has had a lucky escape after he survived a 200ft drop down a snow-covered cliff. His lorry did not have the right winter tread tyres and was stuck on an icy road. It was being towed off the mountain pass north of Oslo by a large rescue tow truck when the accident occurred.

The incident was filmed by a passenger in a car travelling behind the two vehicles. The lorry driver was struggling to steer his vehicle as it slid on ice and sideswiped a guard rail. Moments later, both vehicles crashed through the fence and plunged down the cliff. The driver of the tow truck managed to jump clear after he sensed the towed lorry was sliding out of control.

The vehicles rolled multiple times in the accident near Leirfjord, around 560 miles from the capital. Remarkably, the driver of the stranded truck is in stable condition in hospital - he suffered several bone fractures in the accident.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Traffic Officer Clings On As Bus Speeds Off
April 13, 2012

A traffic officer in Vietnam has gone the extra mile by clinging onto a bus doing more than 30mph as he tried to issue a ticket. The officer in Hanoi told the driver to pull over but when he asked for his paperwork the driver started speeding away.

Undaunted, Second Lieutenant Nguyen Manh Phan leapt onto the front of the bus and held tight to the windscreen wipers. He stared down the driver through the windscreen. Mr Phan's heroics were captured on video as he yelled: "Call the police!"

The bus travelled more than half a mile before the driver, Phung Hong Phuong, eventually pulled over. Phuong was chased by police and the Hanoi public. He was caught and arrested for acting against public officials. Phuong does not have a good track record behind the wheel. He was released in 2010 after serving nearly four years in prison for a fatal traffic accident.

------------------

Bloody hell!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teenage girl survives falling into pavement sinkhole in China
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man in Madrid survives being struck by lightning in the scrotum

A 53-year-old man has survived being struck by lightning in the scrotum while walking down a street in Madrid. According to Spain's El Mondo newspaper, the unnamed man lost consciousness after being struck by lightning in the groin on Thursday night, with the bolt travelling down his leg and striking the ground.

His son called paramedics who later treated him for burns to the scrotum and feet at the scene in Madrid's suburb Tres Cantos. He was then taken to Madrid’s Hospital de la Paz where tests showed his heart and brain functions were not affected by the lightning strike. The man is said to be in a stable condition in hospital.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Row over cold soup leaves husband stranded in frozen forest for a month

A Russian man found himself stranded in the middle of a forest in sub-zero conditions for over a month after storming out of the house following an argument with his wife over her cooking.

Yuri Ticuic must have wished he hadn't bothered bringing it up at all after complaining to his wife after she served him up a bowl of cold soup. And his wife must have feared he had left her for good after he failed to return for over a month having inadvertently walked deep into the heart of a dense woodland.

The 69-year-old quickly found himself stranded in the bitter cold, unable to find a way back to his house in Altai, Russia. 'I walked and walked but after a few hours I didn't have any idea where I was and I couldn't find my way back,' Mr Ticuic explained to the local media. I thought I was going to die. The temperatures were sub-zero and I was getting really weak.'

Having turned his nose up at his wife's bowl of soup, the pensioner was forced to survive for weeks on a diet of berries and forest leaves. He was eventually found frostbitten and close to death by farm workers who then raised the alarm. 'One day I heard voices and saw some farm workers. I called them and they managed to get me to hospital,' he explained. Mr Ticuic has insisted he has learnt his lesson from the incident, saying: 'No matter what happens, that's the last time I criticise my wife's cooking. Anything is better than hay grain.'

Doctors say he is lucky to be alive, but fear they may have to amputate his legs. 'They are severely damaged from frostbite and it may not be possible to save them,' said a hospital spokesman.

------------------

I've always said it's better to be legless than deid...
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man gets stuck in rubbish chute trying to escape his girlfriend after row

A Russian man's plan to escape having an argument his girlfriend turned out to be a bit rubbish after he became stuck in a garbage chute. Emergency services had to be called to rescue the unidentified man following his desperate attempt to flee from this partner.

Residents in an apartment block in Tyumen, Siberia, heard the 31-year-old's screams after he became trapped in the ultra-tight space. The tenant plummeted three floors after jumping down the rubbish chute from his apartment on the eighth floor of the tower block. His cries of help prompted the arrival of local emergency services who proceeded to cut him free from his strange predicament.

'According to the 31-year-old victim, he jumped into the metal chute on the eighth floor to escape his girlfriend,' a local emergency service's statement read. Very little detail has been released about the incident and it is, as of yet, unclear what drove the man to jump down the chute. Fire services were called out to deal with a similarly bizarre incident in the same city a few years ago.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5 seconds from chaos!

wow
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man 65 has 'lucky escape' from gas blast that tore roof from his bungalow and left him trapped under rubble for nearly an hour
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trucker is thrown through windscreen, but lands on his feet

Man has amazing escape from pile-up at petrol station

Shocked thumbs
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double-decker bus carrying 56 teenage college students crashes and overturns in field
Alex Horlock
15th October 2012

Emergency crews were called to the A350 between Upton and Lytchett in Poole shortly after 8.15am after reports that the bus had overturned into a field. Dorset Police have said that six people involved, including the driver and five students, sustained 'minor injuries'.

The First Group bus, registered to Plymouth in Devon, was heading to Kingston Maurward College in Dorchester. The driver lost control of the bus which careered off the 50mph road, ploughed through a hedge and rolled down an embankment before landing on its side. The passengers, all aged between 16 and 18, were flung from their seats as the vehicle overturned.

Passing motorists pulled over and helped some of the shocked students out of the wreckage. A fleet of ambulances and fire crews rushed to the scene and the six casualties were treated at the scene. Most of them boarded a replacement bus which took them on to the college.

Inspector Neil Leat, of Dorset Police, said: 'At about 8.15am the double-decker coach overturned and landed in the field, the cause of which is part of an ongoing investigation. Six people were taken to hospital with non-life threatening or non-life changing injuries and were part of a group that were treated at the scene by paramedics. It's incredible that the majority of these young people appear to be fine after what has happened.'

Student Jade Elizabeth said: 'I can’t tell you how scared I was. It was terrifying. As the bus was tipping I thought it was a dream, but when I got to the ground all covered in glass, I thought, that’s it I’m going to die.'

Georgie Davis, 18, an agriculture student from Poole, was at the back of the bus and described it as the worst moment of her life when it suddenly flipped. 'We went flying - people were going everywhere. We were hanging on for dear life. It was absolutely awful. As it turned I went to stand up and a women came flying past me and elbowed me in the ribs. There was a girl with learning disabilities next to me and she was scared out of her wits. I ended up standing on the window with a bush underneath and it started to give way so I grabbed hold of the metal and was holding on for dear life.'

She said she saw a passenger with cuts to his hand, another woman was treated by the air ambulance after suffering a panic attack. 'It could have been so much worse. I don't want to think about how much worse it could have been.'
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pickup truck dangles from overpass
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pilot flies into power lines and survives
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miracle owl survives head-on collision with pickup truck
20 Dec 2012

A miracle owl lived to fly another day after surviving a head-on collision with a moving Ford pickup. The brown feathered bird was left with its head lodged firmly in the grill of the truck following the accidental smash in Addison County, Vermont, on December 11.

‘I received a call from the driver a little after five in the morning explaining that he had hit an owl,’ explained biologist David Sausville, of the Vermont Fish & Wildlife Department. ‘He said that the owl was still alive and was lodged in his truck.’ The man slowly drove the bird eight miles to where he worked before calling for help.

After Mr Sausville arrived at the scene, the pair worked together to free the tangled up owl who was hit as it swooped down on some prey. Using a pair of thick welding gloves, the animal expert held the owl by its talons while the driver worked to remove its head from the grill. ‘The driver did the right thing by not attempting to help the owl by himself,’ said Mr Sausville. ‘Owls can do serious damage with their talons if they get a hold of you; they don’t want to let go.’

The bird didn’t appear too ruffled by the incident and was released back into the wild just a few hours later after escaping any serious injury.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aquarium breaks in Shanghai
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Videos, pics, audio, jokes, lists etc All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11

Jump to: