This is why you are fat
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Videos, pics, audio, jokes, lists etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
minterdan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the look of some of them and I would definitely have a few bites to see what they tasted like. I’m having a venison burger for my tea, thanks to my local butcher. I have never tried venison before and it’s supposedly low in fat. When I told my girlfriend what we were having she said ("no way am I eating horse") Laughing
luke

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd try loads of them. if i ever go to america, thats all i'm going to do - eat loads of mad food, like this

World’s Largest Burger. A 185 pound burger is the latest Guinness World Record holder.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is supposedly a genuine Microsoft ad campaign in Japan... I'm not sure if I'm swallowing that though.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man V Food

This is a series that's about to start on the Travel Channel on Sky in the UK next week. The guy travels about the US to try many of the type of massive meals featured in the 'This is Why You're Fat' blog. It's a greedy-bastard-alogue, but fairly entertaining all the same.
luke

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i so shouldn't have watched that video and rechecked the blog - i feel so hungry now!

have you been emailing pictures in sky? wink

Cadbury Creme Eggs Benedict
Sliced doughnuts topped with brownie mix, melted Cadbury Creme Eggs and frosting, garnished with red sprinkles and served with fried pound cake chunks.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear! Those Cadbury's!!!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KFC Double Down Chicken Sandwich contains no bread, just chicken
KFC's bosses reasoned that burgers just don't contain enough meat, so have released the Double Down Chicken Sandwich, which says 'no to bread' replacing it with chicken that sandwiches bacon, cheese and the Colonel's special sauce.

The KFC Double Down sandwich website says "this one-of-a-kind sandwich" features 'two thick and juicy boneless white meat chicken filets (Original Recipe® or Grilled), two pieces of bacon, two melted slices of Monterey Jack and pepper jack cheese and Colonel's Sauce'.

They also inform hungry customers that along with a whole slab of cheesy meat, the sandwich contains 540 calories, 32 grams of fat and 1,380mg of salt, but The Vancouver Sun tested one of the pre-launch burgers, on trial in Rhode Island and Nebraska and concluded that there were 1,228 calories. This figure is almost double KFC's claim and half a man's recommended daily calorie intake. A KFC spokesman insisted: "Some media sources speculated on the nutritional information for the sandwich, and published numbers that were inflated."

The Double Down is set to launch in America on April 12. There are no plans to bring the meaty monster to Britain.

------------------------

it does look pretty tasty right enough!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLOAT-BRIDGE
By BRIAN LEWIS
12th April 2010

A SCOTS town has been named Britain's capital - for FATTIES. Researchers found a staggering 21 per cent - more than one in FIVE people - living in Coatbridge, Lanarkshire, were obese. It finished just ahead of Glasgow North East and Methil, Fife - where 20 per cent are battling the bulge. And two MORE Scots towns, Kilmarnock and Bellshill, Lanarkshire, were joint third, with 19 per cent of locals having a body mass index of more than 30.

The shocking figures were revealed after a series of lifestyle interviews with people across the country by market research firm CACI. And Tam Fry, of the National Obesity Forum, said: "I'm not surprised it is a Scottish town. There's a demonstrably bigger problem in Scotland than the rest of the UK. The problem tends to be worse in lower socio-economic urban areas. There, people have less money to spend on food and are less educated on what type of food to buy. And retailers in these areas don't tend to stock the best foods."

The study also found Scotland was home to three of the UK's HEALTHIEST populations. Morningside, in Edinburgh, had an obesity rate of nine per cent, with nearby Inverleith and the city centre just over ten per cent. And Mr Fry reckoned the gap showed Scotland's health divide between east and west. He added: "Edinburgh has a greater ratio of upper and middle class areas, while Glasgow has larger areas of deprivation. With Coatbridge being so close to Glasgow these results are not surprising."

Coatbridge West councillor Tom Maginnis admitted the town had a health problem - but blamed it on the huge number of restaurants, cafes and fast-food outlets. He said, "Every corner you turn in Coatbridge there are Indians, Chinese and fish-and chip shops. This area has a terrible record in terms of health and we're working with the NHS to try to alleviate this."

Twenty per cent of people in Walsall, West Midlands, are also obese.

------------------

Championees, championees, away, away, awaaaay!

food
Bat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe this is why I want to move back home.....to fit in!!
Mixxa

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:

The Sandwich of Knowledge
The bottom tier contains eight strips of bacon, six sausages and four burger paddies; followed by a second tier of black pudding; topped by a third tier comprised of two diced chicken breasts and six fried eggs.

---------------

The sandwich of knowledge? It's a whole loaf of bread!! haha

I'd rather eat the contents of a toilet bowl.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Form an orderly queue there please!
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing that's not a tray of doggie treats....lol!lol!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
luke

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 'worst drink in America': 2,000-calorie milkshake has as much saturated fat as 68 rashers of bacon

The Cold Stone PB&C packs a whopping 2,010 calories and has been dubbed the worst drink in the U.S.

A 2,000-calorie milkshake that is the equivalent of 68 rashers of bacon or 30 chocolate chip cookies has been dubbed the worst drink in the U.S.

Called the Cold Stone PB&C, the fat-laden drink has left TV chef and food revolutionary Jamie Oliver speechless.

When the celebrity chef spotted a Men's Health piece about the fatty drink, he tweeted: 'There are no words.'

Made with chocolate ice cream, milk and peanut butter, the Cold Stone PB&C packs a whopping 2,010 calories, 131 grams of fat - 68 grams of which is saturated - and a massive 153 grams of sugar.

It topped the Men's Health 20 Worst Drinks in America 2010 list, beating a McDonald's Triple Thick Chocolate Milkshake to the post.

'In terms of saturated fat, drinking this Cold Stone catastrophe is like slurping up 68 strips of bacon,' the magazine said on its website.

'Health experts recommend capping your saturated fat intake at about 20 grams per day, yet this beverage packs more than three times that into a cup...'

But this information didn't bother tourists in Marina Del Rey, California as they sampled a large - Gotta Have It - size of the ice cream milkshake.

Christopher Fields, who is visiting the beach town from Hammond, Indiana, said: 'It's delicious. I would definitely have it again.'

When told the milkshake is nearly the equivalent of the recommended daily calorie intake for men, the chubby 45-year-old said: 'I don't care.'

Patting his stomach he said: 'I'd drink it without difficulty. I'd probably have it once a week.'

continued at http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1281479/2-000-calorie-milkshake-equivalent-68-rashers-bacon-dubbed-worst-drink-U-S.html
Stones

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't help imagining it would taste like 68 rashers of bacon. And liking it.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be honest, I can see where having something like that every once in a while is okay, but once a week? I wouldn't even think once a month! That's just insane!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Videos, pics, audio, jokes, lists etc All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: