Prince Harry - racist prick or harmless twat?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is prince Harry a
Racist prick
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
Harmless twat
83%
 83%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 12

faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:02 pm    Post subject: Prince Harry - racist prick or harmless twat? Reply with quote

There's been all this hooha since yesterday about the fact that Prince Harry is a racist. Gordon Brown said today that he thought that the public would give him the "benefit of the doubt" and not judge him too harshly. What he's not saying is that the reason the majority of the public won't mind is because that majority are small-minded racists themselves.

If I called any of the Asian people I know a 'paki' I'd expect them to smack me in the mouth, so here's hoping this thick-as-fuck Prince gets one for his troubles.
Brown Sauce

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find the term raghead much more offensive.

i was there in the 70's, and know full well the derogatory use of a lot of words.

I was called a mick at school, and a plastic paddy afterwards. Firstly by the english, and then from the irish. I am english born in brum with both parents from southern ireland.

to get rid of the bigotry, i am english only to irish and english racists. oh, and when there's a football or cricket match. all other times and events i couldn't give a shit. Smile

i have a few friends here in germany from the army. i am brum to a lot of 'em. it's part of the army culture, and i really don't think that harry used this word with anything but respect.

the vid was made 3 years ago, and was hardly for public consumption.

i also think that the day that paki was put in the taboo bin the racists won. never again will Pakistanis be in the same league as the aussies, the paddies, the jocks taffs and geordies, the frogs krauts and yanks. that's a shame.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of the time it's all about the tone in which it's said. One time in London I was stood behind this groups of bankers who were making really snide comments about some 'fucking jock' - with genuine malice. I interrupted, and, while towering over them, asked if they would mind not being such dicks. They shut up quick style. Of course, all the terms you've mentioned are for differing groups of white people.

Paki is a powerful word here though - you just don't say it to someone unless you want to insult them.
luke

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can i have racist twat?
Brown Sauce

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that they are all white didn't pass me by, and you're right, it is how it's said.

when the Pakistan cricket team tour, i honestly think it's a shame that they can't be referred to as the pakis, as we refer to the aussies or the kiwis. it's a bridge that's been broken, and it'll take a lot to rebuild.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Royals call Asian pal Sooty'

PRINCE Harry has come under fire again today over his attitude to race when it was reported he "affectionately" refers to an Indian friend as "Sooty". Harry’s brother Prince William and his father the Prince of Wales also call polo playing friend Kolin Dhillion by the nickname.

Mr Dhillon is a member of the Cirencester Polo Club along with the three royals. But club members insist he does not take offence to the "affectionate nickname".

---------------

It's all just a bit of harmless fun, nothing at all to do with stamping a psychologically significant mark of superiority on those dreadful coloureds.
Brown Sauce

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the guy introduces himself as "sooty" ...
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alf Garnett would be proud!
Brown Sauce

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just don't think they're racist.

i do wonder what the tabloids are up to.

if on the back of the harry stuff they think that they can get folk to believe that charlie is racist, they're daft. charlie might be a lot of stuff, but he isn't racist.

at any rate no ordinary mortal gets to play in charlies polo side.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's all just good clean fun...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: