Cannabis found growing in Streatham Primary School........

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:12 am    Post subject: Cannabis found growing in Streatham Primary School........ Reply with quote

Cannabis found growing in Streatham's Hitherfield Primary School

8:34am Friday 20th February 2009

A number of cannabis plants have been discovered growing on the site of a Streatham primary school.

One member of non teaching staff has been arrested following the find, believed to be in the school's boiler room.

In a statement, Hitherfield Primary headteacher Chris Ashley Jones said: “I have immediately suspended the individual alleged to be involved and I will help the police however I can with their investigation.

“To reassure parents, the person alleged to be involved did not work directly with young people at the school and we do not believe these allegations involve any pupils.

“The plants were grown in a concealed enclosed part of the school site which pupils didn't access.

“The school will continue to run as normal and it goes without saying that the continued safety of pupils will be my highest priority.

“I will make sure parents are kept informed as I know more.”

There are reports of 31 mature cannabis plants being removed from the school in Hitherfield Road, which were discovered this week while the children were on half term.

A Lambeth police spokeswoman said officers executed a drugs search warrant at the school on Wednesday at 11.30am.

“A number of cannabis plants were found at the scene,” she said.

“A man, aged in his 40s, was arrested on suspicion of drugs offences. He was taken to a south London police station in custody.

“The school was closed to children due to half term holidays.”

• Michael Griffin, 44, a school caretaker from the Streatham area, was expected to appear in custody at Camberwell Green Magistrates’ Court today charged with drugs offences.

http://www.streathamguardian.co.uk/news/4141211.Cannabis_found_growing_in_primary_school/

shhh
luke

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats quite a scam, and quite a set up - 31 mature plants!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's like a story from Grange Hill - haha
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: