Jacques Fresco in Future by Design
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Historically Yours
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ItzMeRon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:08 am    Post subject: Jacques Fresco in Future by Design Reply with quote

This man is a fucking genius. He should run for God.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ItzMeRon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larry King Interview, 1974

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ItzMeRon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must say.....

The second video.......My jaw has dropped. I have been thinking about these things since 1997. I was a freshman in highschool and taking drivers Ed. At the same time, I was just beginning to get into computers seriously and remember thinking in Drivers ED.....Technology in Cars and the whole traffic design MUSt be underdevelolped....Or maybe undeveloped. I just did not understand how we can make computers and systems we need so advanced, but we could have the traffic systems, law, and seemingly underdeveloped uses of resources all combined to make public and private transportation. I can remember feeling that everything felt backward.

Since then and up to today, I have learned alot and it has taken me sometime to understand. But since 1997, I can remember thinking, as I am driving, about how purposfuly under-developed traffic is in America, and MANY places. In fact, I would dare to say all places. Techology is the key to success. I do not know how I could ever make that many more clear. This man has it right on the button but I am sure he would look like a loon to many.

This man is newly making my list of Heros.
ItzMeRon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ItzMeRon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ItzMeRon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ItzMeRon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ItzMeRon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

.....About being responsible. Whoa.
ItzMeRon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Law and War. LOL! I see where Carlin might have journied on his path of knowledge now.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron, using your IT skills, you could download all these youtube clips, upload them to your humyo account and then embed the folder in here so that they play in sequence in a single embed...

Apart from that, it's not really news is it?! Cheers though, I'll give it a go.
ItzMeRon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its news to me, and perhaps someone else.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering at least one bit is from 1974, perhaps it would be better in the history section. There's no doubting that many people from throughout history had such ideas, but it's not news just because you heard about it today.

Christ, I feel like the comic-book guy off The Simpsons saying that...
ItzMeRon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The title of this thread is called the News Mash. And the discription is says "serious, weird or whatever - it's up to you". But if you find it better in a different second, feel free to make it happen. I am sorry if I am not following whatever standard you have in place. I am good and bad with standards.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you think that something is less worthy because it's historical then your standards need some refinement.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

News is defined as being a report of recent events. While a part of history may be "news" to someone, that does not make it recent.

Historical reports are very important but they are no longer news. Face is in no way trying to down play the importance of the information that is being posted but is instead placing in it the context where it belongs. Which is in history.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Historically Yours All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: