tea
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
luke

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:30 am    Post subject: tea Reply with quote

who's a fan of a nice cup of tea? ( and nice always has to precede cup of )

i like all sorts of teas, normal tea, breakfast tea ( especially with a fry up ), earl grey, lady grey - which is like earl grey but with orange and lemon with the bergamot, lapsang souchong which is a smokey flavored tea, twinings do a rose tea which sounds a bit weird but is actually really nice ( if you can find it ). i like lemon tea, and i do a lemon and ginger ( just drop a lump of ginger into it ). i like all sorts of fruit teas, i got a really nice super fruits one at the moment with blackberries, blueberries and acai berries. mint tea is another nice one Smile

i'm not really a fan of green tea though, and magic mushroom tea doesn't taste so good - but has other benefits Smile
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I drink a fair amount of tea every day - I quite like Earl Grey sometimes but mostly I'm happy with Typhoo as it's good and strong.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a big tea drinker. Mainly because I'm not a fan of hot drinks. However, I have learned over the years how to make an excellent cup of tea. Right now the favorite in the house is Yorkshire tea as it has a richer flavor.
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mainly like black tea, the common tea. Tetley's British blend, Barry's Gold or green label, Lyon's, and even plain ole Lipton. Sometimes if having pot brewed, I like to mix black tea with Earl Grey. I'm not that fond of other flavored teas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Ash

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big fan of tea and coffee- both with milk - at least 4 mugs a day... used to take 2 sugar now taking 1 with each as my my dr told me to be careful (since I'm on sterioid there is higher risk of getting diabetic- hence this measure)...

can anyone suggest me a cheap way of getting my own coffee machine and beans... i'm no experts into those but the Almighty has given me some very good taste buds and a very cute sense of smell Laughing
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love a nice cuppa and only really enjoy a black tea. I do have to stick to decaf though, but have found a nice decaf English Breakfast and Earl Gray but also enjoy the standard Orange Pekoe. One milk, two sugars/sweetners please Smile Hmmmm.... off to make a cup right now!
Twirley

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a tea drinker but usually just plain black tea. Over here I can get PG Tips. Sometimes, friends send me Tetley or Yorkshire and they go down well too. I have it with milk and a flat teaspoon of sugar. I also occasionally drink Green Tea (the ginseng & lemon variety). Earl Grey is okay every now and again but I'm not a fan of fruit teas.

Right, I'm off to make a cuppa. teacup
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who takes sugar in their tea? My mum was so dead-set against the idea that you may as well have asked for gold flakes - and that's stuck with all of us.

I can't stand coffee without a couple of sugars though.
luke

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

half a sugar with mine - it used to be a spoonful but i cut it down ... now if i could just do the same with the tobacco ...
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only drink tea with sugar and my coffee without.
Twirley

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My brother STILL has three spoonfuls of sugar in his tea/coffee. I've tried to get him to cut down but it's never going to happen. Thankfully with his 6ft plus frame and his daily cycling he can carry the extra calories.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta have the sugar..... well, I prefer Splenda, but if there's none about, I'll use sugar.
Marrow

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black tea- milk, two sugars. Ever since I was a kid. My parents would give me milky tea in my sippy cup and if I was sick they would put rum in it. I still feel vaguely unwell if I even smell rum.
I have cut the sugars down to one at times but still prefer two. Favorite teas are yorkshire gold or my most favorite and now impossible for me to find here is lifeboat. Growing up the first sound I would hear in the morning was a spoon stirring around in a teacup. If I heard that i would have to rush out of bed in order to get a cuppa before the pot was out or I would have to make my own pot. Tea marks the beginning and end of every day and every important task in between, have to work, have a cuppa first, someone dies have a cuppa, every meal have a cuppa either before during or after or throughout. You cant get a decent cup of tea in a cafe or restaurant in this country. They give you lukewarm water and bag of dust on the side.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate lukewarm tea as well...... my mom is the same way. No point in having "hot" tea if it's only lukewarm.
Twirley

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marrow wrote:
You cant get a decent cup of tea in a cafe or restaurant in this country. They give you lukewarm water and bag of dust on the side.

OMG - I know what you mean. The teabags here are AWFUL...especially Lipton!

Unbelievably, today I went to a Starbucks and had an Awake Tea Latte (with sugar not syrup) and it was really quite nice. I think that was because I actually like tea not too strong though.

Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Aja's Kitchen All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: