Internet Explorer with Windows Vista

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Tech news, tips and help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: Internet Explorer with Windows Vista Reply with quote

I finally just couldn't take it anymore. It's just awful. Always restarting, not responding, just buggy. I finally downloaded Firefox and made it my default browser. So far, surfing with ease. Am I missing a cure for the Explorer? Anyone else having these problems? I really can't stand this Windows Vista and can't wait until my husband comes back here with my XP computer. I'll use this laptop only when I have to go somewhere.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
luke

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

firefox is a superior browser to internet explorer pirty - you'll never go back to ie!

if you get pissed with adverts download the add on for firefox called adblock plus - its brilliant, i'm always surprised when i use ie and realise how many adverts there are on the internet now! Shocked
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True Luke. I had Firefox with the XP computer, but never made it my default browser, only because I was having a little trouble with it when I played in my dominoes tournaments on Yahoo. Now with the bugs in Vista, even if Firefox hiccups once in a blue moon, it's better than what ie has been doing every single hour. I had tried to look up the adblock plug in earlier in the day and it said it wasn't compatible with firefox 3, but maybe I was looking at the wrong adblock. I'll click on your link and take a look. Thanks a lot, I appreciate it. I also love firefox because of all the neat plug ins it has...lol! Microsoft dropped the ball again making Vista before all the bugs were ironed out. I like the look it has, but it's useless if programs don't work with it, like the beta Yahoo messenger. That was shit. It looked nice, but bare bones features.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
luke

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm not sure if it works with firefox 3, i've not upgraded yet - it keeps reminding me, but always when i'm in the middle of something! if they haven't done an adblock update yet i'm sure they will soon - let me know if it works with firefox 3, if not, i'll hold off updating until they do!
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luke wrote:
i'm not sure if it works with firefox 3, i've not upgraded yet - it keeps reminding me, but always when i'm in the middle of something! if they haven't done an adblock update yet i'm sure they will soon - let me know if it works with firefox 3, if not, i'll hold off updating until they do!

No worries there Luke. I used your link, and it downloaded and is working fine with this Firefox version. Laughing I'm telling you, I've not had one problem yet since downloading Firefox. What a breath of fresh air. agree
Ash

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here. I hate IE and open it only when I can't use FF. I've been using FF for the last 2+ yrs without any big problem Smile
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firefox isn't as good as it used to be but it is still loads better then IE.
major.tom
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't used the latest Internet Explorer (version 8 ) yet, but it reportedly requires more memory than Vista itself. For a browser (or any single program) that's very bad.

I've been using Firefox 3 since it was in beta. No problems here, except it took a little while for them to make some of the version 2 extensions available for version 3. (And one of them got renamed in the process.) Very minor.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How bad is it that Microsoft had to resort to the "Mojave" experiment to get people to even try Windows Vista? Let's disguise our product as something else to trick people into using it --- doesn't say a lot for it in my books.

I'm going to keep all of your comments in mind should when I next need to buy a Window's based computer.
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My goodness Major, forget about IE 8. I had downloaded that(I must have been off my rocker) and it was worse than what the computer came with(version7). I also couldn't uninstall it. I had to do a restore point to get rid of it. I've got Firefox now, and it's working out great and I'm not doing anything else until Microsoft gets pest control in.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Tech news, tips and help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: