Charles Lindbergh's - September 11, 1941 Des Moines Speech
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Historically Yours
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ItzMeRon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:54 am    Post subject: Charles Lindbergh's - September 11, 1941 Des Moines Speech Reply with quote

VERY worth hearing till the end. Enjoy.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was nothing but a Nazi sympathizer. Scum in my opinion.
ItzMeRon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be doing my homework and getting back to you one that.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He openly stated more than once that he wanted America to align themselves with Nazi Germany. I think that's more than enough right there. You can also find his lovely comments about racial purity and his friendship with Henry Ford documented.

He was a racist. Pure and simple. Even saying that things like certain "races demonstrated superior ability in the design, manufacture, and operation of machines."
ItzMeRon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this mean what he said in his speech then was not correct?
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ItzMeRon wrote:
Does this mean what he said in his speech then was not correct?

I don't agree with him about it all no. But hell, I agreed with some of Hitlers plans. The Autoban wasn't a bad idea at all and while the VW ain't the best car on the road, it has it's benefits. Not to mention, I liked Roosevelt and a lot of the work he did. Do I agree with everything he said and did either. No, of course not. But Lindbergh can go fuck himself, but thank goodness the bastard is dead so I don't have to worry about that.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bada bing bada boom.
ItzMeRon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was born on FDR's birthday.

I have read book after book of him.

He was linked to the bankers, and the bankers love war.

I do regard FDR as one of my heros. But I do not believe he was all the way upfront about everything, as today we see that politicans are even less likely to rise to that level.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great that you were born on his birthday. I was born on Jeff Foxworthy's birthday. Love his redneck jokes.

If you will notice in my earlier post I didn't regard FDR as a saint myself. I didn't say I believed in everything he did. That however, isn't the point. The point is Lindbergh was a racist pig who wanted the Nazi's to win and in my book that makes him scum. As for politicians today, they're just as slimy as the ones before and the ones that will come after. We all have our Nero's in every generation. The more things change, the more the stay the same.
ItzMeRon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
That's great that you were born on his birthday. I was born on Jeff Foxworthy's birthday. Love his redneck jokes.

If you will notice in my earlier post I didn't regard FDR as a saint myself. I didn't say I believed in everything he did. That however, isn't the point. The point is Lindbergh was a racist pig who wanted the Nazi's to win and in my book that makes him scum. As for politicians today, they're just as slimy as the ones before and the ones that will come after. We all have our Nero's in every generation. The more things change, the more the stay the same.

My only question on this is:

How do you gather that Lindergh was a racist pig and where do you see he wanted the Nazi's to win?
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ItzMeRon wrote:
Skylace wrote:

How do you gather that Lindergh was a racist pig and where do you see he wanted the Nazi's to win?

Okay, I'll explain this again. I didn't gather this information from the speech you posted. This speech was not the only time he ever spoke or wrote on the subject of WWII.
It's from his whole history. He was a racist pig by his actions over his life time. On other occasions in his life he openly said that he wanted the US to align with the Nazi's. In his own lifetime there was public outcry about him being a Nazi sympathizer.
I even gave you quote where he stated that other "races" are superior to others.
I don't know how to be more clear than that.
ItzMeRon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
ItzMeRon wrote:
Skylace wrote:

Okay, I'll explain this again. I didn't gather this information from the speech you posted. This speech was not the only time he ever spoke or wrote on the subject of WWII.
It's from his whole history. He was a racist pig by his actions over his life time. On other occasions in his life he openly said that he wanted the US to align with the Nazi's. In his own lifetime there was public outcry about him being a Nazi sympathizer.
I even gave you quote where he stated that other "races" are superior to others.
I don't know how to be more clear than that.

I was really asking you based on history or any information you would submit as relevent that your points rather than the video I posted alone. I am asking because I cannot find anything that would support those facts and I am wondering where you are getting your facts from. I am sorry I was not clear enough.

I believe when he was speaking as other races where superior to others, in was a light of what society protrays them in and not of his own dignification of races at all.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am getting those facts from history books, news paper reports, other historical observers. It's all well documented.

In our own life time Max Wallace, Holocaust researcher even wrote that "Lindbergh a well-intentioned but bigoted and misguided Nazi sympathizer whose career as the leader of the isolationist movement had a destructive impact on Jewish people."

He believed that race was directly correlated to national success and non-whites were intellectually inferior. He commented many times that Russians weren't white, but "Semi-Asiatic" and there ideals of communism would replace us with a " pressing sea of Yellow, Black, and Brown" and would destroy White Europeans "Racial Strengths".

These are all his words. If those aren't the words of a bigot, I don't know what a bigot sounds like.
ItzMeRon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
I am getting those facts from history books, news paper reports, other historical observers. It's all well documented.

In our own life time Max Wallace, Holocaust researcher even wrote that "Lindbergh a well-intentioned but bigoted and misguided Nazi sympathizer whose career as the leader of the isolationist movement had a destructive impact on Jewish people."

He believed that race was directly correlated to national success and non-whites were intellectually inferior. He commented many times that Russians weren't white, but "Semi-Asiatic" and there ideals of communism would replace us with a " pressing sea of Yellow, Black, and Brown" and would destroy White Europeans "Racial Strengths".

These are all his words. If those aren't the words of a bigot, I don't know what a bigot sounds like.

There is nothing I can take from that which suggests he was a racist in definite. I can gather from above that he could have very well been speaking about the social structure of the current times, at which time he was speaking. In other words, he could have very well been speaking about plans of others or descriptions of how he sees a socio-economic stucture, then, layed out and/or played out by the American public at that time. There is nothing in the quote that suggest he was a racist.

Forget the references if you do not have them. Please give me a quote where you thought he was absoluty a racist. Or whatever you think will be good is great too. :-)
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ItzMeRon wrote:
Skylace wrote:

There is nothing I can take from that which suggests he was a racist in definite. I can gather from above that he could have very well been speaking about the social structure of the current times, at which time he was speaking. In other words, he could have very well been speaking about plans of others or descriptions of how he sees a socio-economic stucture, then, layed out and/or played out by the American public at that time. There is nothing in the quote that suggest he was a racist.

Forget the references if you do not have them. Please give me a quote where you thought he was absoluty a racist. Or whatever you think will be good is great too. :-)

There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.

I gave you the references. When it comes to history books, there are loads. I read more than one in my lifetime. Happens when you get a degree in education and you end up teaching history. I even quoted another author who even said he was a Nazi sympathizer. That book was called "The American Axis". As for the newspapers, well, you'll have to go to the archives for that. There was plenty written about him in his time after all. Can't think of what else to give you accept the suggestion to go the library and read up on him.

Of course, saying that non-whites are intellectually inferior and that the Semi-Asiatics are going to destroy our Racial Strengths must not count for much. Those are his words.

Here is a reference for you. In 1939's Readers Digest he wrote “Our civilization depends on a western wall of race and arms which can hold back…the infiltration of inferior blood” He was referring to the "Asiatics" in it. Inferior blood, nice.

PS. The funny thing about the speech you posted is that it was the speech that actually caused the turning point in America's view of him. After the speech his comments about the Jews made his popularity plummet and TIME magazine wrote "The American First Committee had touched the pitch of anti-Semitism and its fingers were tarred”.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Historically Yours All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: