Diazepam use on the increase

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:32 am    Post subject: Diazepam use on the increase Reply with quote

Considering the vast majority of heroin that comes into the UK is from Afghanistan you'd have thought the BBC would have made the obvious connection...
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not surprised...... diazepam is cheap, addictive and easily accessible. Probably only costs about 5-10 cents to make one tablet. Although I think more people are hooked on these "energy drinks" like Red Bull than any prescription or street drugs.

I watched a documentary awhile ago that a lot of pensioners are faking physical complaints, getting prescriptions from their doctors and dealing the drugs from their home--- now there's a second career for retirement haha!
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a shame that druggies/drug dealers make it hard for people who really need this drug. It's good stuff and is helpful when needed. I hope that those that legitimately use the stuff for real medical reasons can still get access to it. Man that pisses me off.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

but it's really so cheap to make that it would never affect anything. The benefits are more subtle and probably healthier for some people when they use the natural source though, valerian root.
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good for sleep problems, which I seem to have on occasion, but I doubt it's a good substitute for people with true lifetime anxiety problems, like some family members have. Valium though I think is the oldest used for anxiety, but I have family members that swear by it for plane rides and other anxiety problems. It worked a charm for me when my dad died for me to relax from histerics. I haven't seen it be a problem being prescribed so far, but I know from my European ex, that a lot of European doctors don't like to prescribe that type of medicine because they are afraid of people becoming addicted. Meanwhile, the patient suffers. These kinds of drugs are very helpful if used right. I'd like to check out that valerian root though in the health store. I'd rather try that for my sleeplessness than over the counter crap. :-)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
luke

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eefanincan wrote:
I think more people are hooked on these "energy drinks" like Red Bull than any prescription or street drugs.

i got a mate who does crazy shifts, like 12 hours, 4 nights in a row, a day off, then 3 days, then two days off - and he's on about 4 red bulls a shift! Shocked crazed
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a lot of caffeine Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: