invent a flavour of crisps
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheCaptain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised nobody made the pussy joke.
luke

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Builder's Breakfast is top flavour
A trainee midwife has tasted victory after her Builder's Breakfast entry was announced the winner in a national competition to find a new crisp flavour.

Emma Rushin has won a national competition which will see her Builder's Breakfast flavour crisps hit supermarket shelves

Emma Rushin, 27, from Belper, Derbyshire, wins £50,000 and will see her Builder's Breakfast flavour of combined bacon, buttered toast, eggs and tomato sauce go into production after winning the Walkers Do Us A Flavour campaign.

Walkers said her entry received 232,336 votes from more than a million cast putting it ahead of the other five finalists in the competition whose flavours ranged from Onion Bhaji to Cajun Squirrel and even Chilli & Chocolate.

Ms Rushin, a mother of two, said she was "thrilled" to have won.

She said: "Tensions were high especially towards the end of campaigning - I really had no idea what way the public vote would go.

"I'm so proud to have my flavour crisps continue to be on sale across the UK and Ireland. It'll be fun to see people buying them with their lunch or snacking on them on their way home from work.

"I am ever so grateful for the public's support and all their votes. It's wonderful to know so many people love Builder's Breakfast too."

Her victory was announced in central London by celebrity chef Heston Blumenthal, sports broadcaster Gary Lineker and TV presenter Fearne Cotton.

The runners-up win £10,000 and were, in vote order, Onion Bhaji with 221,032 votes; Fish & Chips with 218,270 votes; Crispy Duck & Hoisin with 176,184 votes; Cajun Squirrel with 116,777 votes; and Chilli & Chocolate with 114,775 votes.

Ms Rushin's entry will now be placed on supermarket shelves alongside other Walkers classic flavours such as Ready Salted and Cheese & Onion, earning her 1% of future sales of her winning flavour in addition to the £50,000 prize money.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all been fixed since day one. I refuse to buy her TAINTED snacks!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got some of these and they're pretty tasty. Almost all the flavour in haggis comes from the seasoning anyway, so they're actually fairly genuine in flavour.
Stones

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have some haggis flavour walkers knocking about at the moment I think. Probably not as nice as the Mackie's though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Aja's Kitchen All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: