BNP parasites
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, almost 1/3 are people who, on a daily basis, get paid for ordering people about or shooting at them... nothing fascist about that! haha
seshme

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have expected more cabbies... Smile
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BNP candidate is jailed animal rights extremist
David Williams
7 February 2009
hopenothate.org

A British National Party candidate in a Croydon, south London, by-election this month was an animal rights activist who served a prison sentence for a campaign of terror against an animal research laboratory. Charlotte Lewis, who is contesting Waddon ward, Croydon, on 12 February, was jailed for six months in 2001 after being found guilty of four charges of harassment as part of a concerted campaign against the staff of Huntingdon Life Sciences, whom she called “animal abusing scum”.

Lewis, who was a member of Stop Animal Rights Cruelty, wrote a series of anonymous threatening letters to people working at the Cambridgeshire laboratory. One warned the recipient: “If you don’t quit HLS then your life will not be worth living. You will always have to be looking over your shoulder.” Another threatened: “This is a warning. Your life is in grave danger if you don’t stop working at HLS. You will find yourself having a gun aimed at your stupid ugly head.”

One family received over 50 such letters from animal rights activists before a brick was thrown through their window. Shortly afterwards Lewis wrote to them saying: “I was there when a brick was put through your window. If you don’t quit HLS you can expect more of the same.”

Peterborough Crown Court heard that Lewis, who today is the London BNP regional treasurer, had “a history of psychological problems and suffers depression”. She was arrested after forensic scientists matched her saliva with DNA found on the back of the stamps used to post the letters. Judge Richard Pollard imposed four concurrent six-month prison sentences on Lewis, saying that her letters had had such an impact upon their recipients that a custodial sentence was necessary. He also imposing a restraining order to prevent Lewis from harassing HLS staff further.

Whatever one’s views on animal testing there can be little doubt that the campaign against HLS was long, violent and, for those on the receiving end, terrifying. Lewis was sentenced in 2001 amid a terrorist campaign in which deadly nail bombs were sent to organisations and individuals, some only marginally connected with animal research. On 21 January 2009 seven “fanatical” leaders of Stop Huntingdon Animal Cruelty (SHAC) were jailed for between four and eleven years on charges of conspiracy to blackmail during the course of a campaign described by the judge as “urban terrorism”.

Having joined the BNP in 2003, Lewis was in trouble with the law again in 2006 while standing as a BNP candidate in the May council elections in St Helier, Sutton. Lewis put a false Sutton address on her nomination form to make her eligible to stand and was questioned by the police over possible election fraud. However despite her clear breach of electoral law she was not charged. Asked about the incident by the local paper during her current campaign, Lewis lied again, blaming a party organiser “who has since left the organisation”. If she is referring to the former Croydon and Sutton BNP organiser, this might be news to him. Far from leaving the BNP Bob Gertner was recently promoted to south London organiser. His replacement in the Croydon and Sutton role: Lewis herself.

Lewis’s Croydon campaign was slow to take off, with London activists prioritising the East Wickham by-election on 22 January, but BNP efforts on her behalf are set to intensify in the final three weeks before polling day. Not content to wait for the cavalry, the long-term unemployed candidate decided to shoot her own campaign video. It was not a great success. Filming without permission outside a local school quickly landed her in hot water as teachers came out to remonstrate, causing her to skulk off with her tail between her legs.

At one point her speech to camera is interrupted by what sounds like an aeroplane flying overhead. Rather than re-shoot the scene, Lewis left it in. Could her decision have anything to do with her penchant for telling all and sundry that she is going to become an airline pilot? Good luck to her, but her ambition might prove a little hard to realise without a pilot’s licence or, as her recent internet posts make clear, any intention of returning to college to get the necessary qualifications to gain one.

------------------

This is a bit of a turnup. There's an obvious connection between the two in the extremism, but fighting for animal rights, as a whole, while fighting for one group within humanity is quite some lump of confusion!
Brown Sauce

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's interesting. Most of the bader meinhoff gang became extreme right wingers too.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Racism row as BNP deputy calls Archbishop of York an 'ambitious African'
3rd May 2009

The deputy leader of the British National Party was today branded a racist after calling the Archbishop of York an ‘ambitious African’ and made ‘spear thrower’ comments about Ugandans.

Simon Darby criticised Uganda-born Dr John Sentamu after the cleric hit out against the BNP’s call for black and Asian Britons to be described as ‘racial foreigners’ in future. Darby, who is bidding to become a Midlands Euro MP, said: ‘Dr Sentamu should not interfere in the political process. He’s not in any position to tell me or anyone else who is, or isn’t, English. If I went to Uganda and told them that they were all genetic mongrels and that anyone could be Ugandan I’d still be picking spears out of myself now.’

He also described Dr Sentamu as an ‘anti-British zealot’ and warned that he should ‘have thought about the consequences’ of speaking out against the far-Right party. In his online blog, in an entry dated April 23 and headed “And the Lord said, arise thou art all English”, Darby wrote: ‘As if the responsibilities of being the Archbishop of York were not enough, the ambitious African has apparently used his power and influence to kindly bestow upon the world the right to be English.’

His comments are the latest shots to be fired in a war of words between Dr Sentamu and the BNP which broke out after the cleric branded suggestions by Griffin that a ‘bloodless genocide’ is taking place in Britain as ‘beyond belief’. Speaking to the BBC on St George’s day to defend a party leaflet that said black and Asian Britons ‘do not exist’, Griffin said that calling such people British denied indigenous people their own identity.

He added: ‘In civic terms they are British, British also has a meaning as an ethnic description. These people are “black residents’ of the UK etc, and are no more British than an Englishman living in Hong Kong is Chinese. Collectively, foreign residents of other races should be referred to as “racial foreigners’, a non-pejorative term... The key in such matters is above all to maintain necessary distinctions while avoiding provocation and insult.’

Griffin added: ‘We don’t subscribe to the politically correct fiction that just because they happen to be born in Britain, a Pakistani is a Briton. They”re not. They remain of Pakistani stock. You can’t say that especially large numbers of people can come from the rest of the world and assume an English identity without denying the English their own identity, and I would say that’s wrong. In a very subtle way, it’s a sort of bloodless genocide.’

But Dr Sentamu, a vocal supporter of making St George’s Day public holiday to promote English unity, said it was not up to the BNP to define Englishness. He said: ‘You don’t have to be a member of the BNP to be clearly English, and it is quite a mistake to suggest that everybody who wants to affirm Englishness affirms that narrow thinking. This “bloodless genocide”? I think that is just language which is beyond belief.’

Darby’s comments have been called ‘poisonous’ by anti-racism campaigners. A spokesman for anti-fascism group Searchlight, said: ‘These disgusting threats and thinly veiled racism from its senior leadership exposes the real face of the BNP. Even someone as internationally respected as Dr Sentamu is not immune from their poisonous slurs. The European election campaign has not even officially started, and already the BNP’s mask of moderation has melted away’.

But Darby said: ‘I stand by my quotes. I don’t see how that is offensive or racist. It can be twisted and distorted to look that way but what I am saying is factual. What I am saying is, if I went to Uganda and I went to a Ugandan village and said that the people there were genetic mongrels and that they had no right to their Ugandan identity I would be picking out spears for days.

‘And rightly so. I wouldn’t say that but if I did I would be attacked and I would deserve to be attacked. I certainly wouldn’t need a return ticket. There are lots of indigenous people there and in the bush they have spears, that is their lifestyle. I am not implying that all Ugandan people use spears at all, I was speaking specifically about the indigenous people. I have respect for their identity, I wouldn’t dream of denying Ugandan tribes people their identity but the contrast is that that is what he is doing.

‘If I went there and preached down to those indigenous people in the same way that Sentamu does to us then I’d be attacked. If I was derogatory, condescending and arrogant - because that’s what John Sentamu is - I would be attacked. And rightly so.’

------------------
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luke

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBC slammed for acting as 'BNP mouthpiece'

AN anti-fascist campaign group has lambasted the BBC flagship Newsnight programme for a "disgraceful" news report on the BNP which it argues was closer to a propaganda exercise for the far-right party.

Unite Against Fascism (UAF), the union-affiliated anti-BNP campaign group, took issue with a report by Newsnight reporter Michael Crick aired on Wednesday focusing on the BNP European election campaign.

A UAF spokesman said: "The report was framed by extensive and almost entirely uncritical interviews with Clive Jefferson, a BNP organiser in the north-west of England. At no point did Crick challenge any of the statements that Jefferson made.

"The closest Crick got to criticism was a passing suggestion to Jefferson that the BNP was 'not as racist as (it) used to be.' Jefferson responded by claiming, absurdly, that the BNP was not and never had been racist."

The UAF spokesman went on to argue that Crick had not interviewed "a single person from an ethnic minority background" and that viewers were "presented with a narrative that could have come straight out of the BNP propaganda department - that the party had moderated its views and was now merely a protest vote against mainstream parties, rather than being a fascist organisation with a history of fomenting violence and race hatred."

Responding to the criticism, a spokesman for the BBC said: "This is not a picture we recognise.

"Newsnight was exploring whether the BNP could win their first parliamentary seat in the European elections and included interviews with spokespeople from all the main political parties analysing how the elections could play out given the current economic and political climate.

"Clearly, it was necessary for the audience to hear from the BNP in this context and the spokesperson was challenged on the party's racist label and further context given during the piece."

from http://www.morningstaronline.co.uk/index.php/britain/bbc_slammed_for_acting_as_bnp_mouthpiece
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a google video search for 'newsnight bnp'

the 4th link says 'All comments will be moderated so you BNP arseholes should just fuck off now ... couchtripper com'

Laughing
luke

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

heres the newsnight video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKv9E4iJNv4
vudu2u2

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

..i watched the piece on the bnp, this is not the first time, at least in recent years, where the bbc has given partial and somewhat uncritical airtime to the bnp during the build up to an election...
luke

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nick griffin was interviewed today as well on the daily politics - the interviewer allowed him to get away unchallenged with his assertion about the 'islamification of britain' - i'm not sure what that means but i think churches are going to be burnt, everyones got to pray facing mecca and kfc are going exclusively halal
VivaGalloway

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vudu2u2 wrote:
..i watched the piece on the bnp, this is not the first time, at least in recent years, where the bbc has given partial and somewhat uncritical airtime to the bnp during the build up to an election...

They give it to everyone except Galloway, who must never be mentioned in case he gains popularity.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NPD fine cut in half
16 May 09
thelocal.de

Germany's neo-Nazi NPD party, already on the verge of bankruptcy, was fined Friday about €1.27 million for accounting irregularities by Berlin's administrative court. The ruling upheld a decision by the country's parliament in April, but halved the original fine. However the decision could yet prove fatal with NPD leader, Udo Voigt, admitting in an interview in March that the party was suffering an "existential crisis" due to a lack of funds.

According to the ruling, the far-right party - which receives public funding because of its score in recent elections - must pay the sum that was falsely accounted for. As the Bundestag has already blocked €300,000 in public funds due to be paid to the NPD, the party must pay out just under a million euros - by May 1.

In May 2008, Berlin's administrative court ordered the party to return nearly €1 million in public funds after uncovering fraud in its accounts from 1997, 1998 and 1999. A former party treasurer, Erwin Kemma, has been in jail since December 2008 for having embezzled more than €700,000. The party is not in the Bundestag, but has representatives in two of Germany's powerful regional assemblies.

------------------

those poor ole neo-nazis
luke

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BNP councillor 'made up murders'

A senior BNP member on the Greater London Assembly faces possible suspension after he admitted fabricating murders in a London borough amid a media frenzy over knife crime in the capital.

Richard Barnbrook, GLA member and councillor for the London Borough of Barking and Dagenham, stated in May last year in a video posted on YouTube and the Daily Telegraph website that three people had been murdered in Barking and Dagenham in the preceding three weeks.

He said that, "three weeks ago, there was a murder of a young girl. We don't know who's done it, her girlfriend was attacked inside an educational institute.

"Again, two weeks ago there was another attack by knives on the streets of Barking and Dagenham where two people were murdered."

But the Metropolitan Police have stated that no murders occurred in the area within the time frame referred to by Mr Barnbrook.

In a complaint to the GLA standards committee, Labour councillor Val Rush, who is also a councillor for Barking and Dagenham, said: "Richard Barnbrook quite clearly states that a young girl was murdered in an educational establishment in Barking and Dagenham. I know this to be an absolute lie.

"He also goes on to claim a further two murders (took place) in the borough in the last two weeks, which is also a lie."

Ms Rush accused him of "a total lack of honesty and integrity," saying that his actions had brought the GLA and the council into disrepute.

According to the GLA joint report with the council into the complaint, which has been seen by the Star, Mr Barnbrook admitted when interviewed by officers that he knew his statement to be false when he made it but said he would not apologise.

He is quoted as saying that he "did not believe he had misled people as murders are happening."

The report concluded: "We find that Mr Barnbrook has failed to comply with the code of conduct of both the GLA and the LBBD by bringing his office and the respective authorities into disrepute."

Hope Not Hate activist Nick Lowles said: "This admission by Barnbrook that he lied about violent disorder in his area to promote himself and his party tells you all you need to know about him and the BNP.

"At a time when all parties are trying to find a solution to knife crime, Barnbrook and the BNP are seeking to exploit it for their own gain."

A spokesman for the GLA told the Star: "A complaint was made to the GLA and LBBD and a joint investigation was conducted. The investigative report decided that a breach of conduct had occurred but the standards committee has not yet formally found this.

"The report will go to a meeting, the date of which has yet to be decided."

The maximum penalty is six months suspension without pay, he confirmed.
luke

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BNP boss 'to attend Queen's party'
The British National Party's leader is set to attend a garden party hosted by the Queen, according to a colleague.

Richard Barnbrook, a BNP member of the London Assembly, said Nick Griffin will accompany him as his guest at the event at Buckingham Palace on July 21.

All members of the Assembly have been invited to the event.

Mr Barnbrook said: "I imagine there will be a to-do and a hoot. These things are going to happen more and more as the party goes forward."

A BNP spokesman added: "Richard Barnbrook has got an official invite in his capacity as a member of the London Assembly and he is allowed to bring a guest, which will be Nick Griffin. For him to snub an invite from the Queen would be absurd.

"It is something people are going to have to get used to because if we get elected MEPs, this is the kind of thing we are going to be doing on a regular basis. It is the emergence of a party from beyond the pale to mainstream."

The event will come after the June local and Euro elections, which could see the BNP gaining more local council seats and their first MEPs.

Political experts have warned that disillusionment with mainstream politicians over the MPs' expenses scandal and fears over jobs and immigration could lead to a surge in support for the party.

The BNP campaigns for the "voluntary resettlement" of immigrants back to their countries of origin, claims white Britons have become "second class citizens" and wants to bring back corporal and capital punishment for criminals.

A spokesman for Buckingham Palace said he could not confirm individual invitations.

He said: "A number of organisations and bodies receive an allocation of tickets for the garden parties so it is a matter for those organisations who they invite."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 3 of 12

Jump to: