Chicken tikka Massala

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject: Chicken tikka Massala Reply with quote

I made this the other week from a Jamie Oliver recipe ......I did change a few things though ...But have left the recipe the same here......I used a whole red chilli ...3 cloves garlic...instead of pinches of spices i was closer to a teaspoon.... and the garam masala i used more ..more puree....and a large onion ...hahaha basicly i changed the recipe .....Very Happy
but anyways end result was a very delish meal .....aS I always say adapt recipes to your taste buds ....... ps this is not hot spicy .....just a nice spicy ..... Smile

Note: the marinade will need to be prepared the day before so the chicken can marinate
overnight.)

Chicken tikka Massala

½ fresh red chilli, deseeded
• 1 clove of garlic, peeled
• 15g fresh ginger
• 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
• a pinch of paprika
• ½ tablespoon garam masala
• a teaspoon of tomato puree
• 3 sprigs of fresh coriander, leaves picked and chopped, stalks reserved
• 400g chicken breast, preferably free-range or organic, diced into 2.5cm pieces
• 1 small onion, peeled and sliced
• ½ red pepper, deseeded and sliced
• ½ green pepper, deseeded and sliced
• a pinch of ground cinnamon
• a pinch of ground coriander
• a pinch of turmeric
• 1 x 400g tin plum tomatoes
• 100ml plain yoghurt
• 100ml double cream

For the marinade
Blitz the chilli, garlic, ginger and vegetable oil in the food processor. Add the paprika, garam masala and tomato puree, plus the coriander stalks, and blitz again to form a paste. Place the chicken pieces in a large bowl, coat them with the marinade and leave in the fridge overnight.

The next day…
In a little vegetable oil, on a medium heat, fry the onion, peppers and spices in a large saucepan. Cook gently for 10 minutes then add the tin of tomatoes and the yoghurt. Add the chicken pieces and simmer gently for 15 to 20 minutes until cooked. Just before serving, stir through the double cream and chopped coriander leaves.

Serve with fluffy boiled rice and a mixed leaf salad.

The pics a bit dark sorry ......

faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's a classic - invented in Glasgow believe it or not... the sauce back then was based on Heinz tomato soup, no joke! It's also the most popular meal to eat at any restaurant in Britain. More fascinating food facts later...
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear god yum!
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
it's a classic - invented in Glasgow believe it or not... the sauce back then was based on Heinz tomato soup, no joke! It's also the most popular meal to eat at any restaurant in Britain. More fascinating food facts later...

LOL face ..... was U telling me that ? I have been eating that stuff forever I do have a story somewhere about it though i will have to search for it ...........I just happened to try out this recipe.....which is pretty good ...... But I must admit I prefer My chicken Tikka I make on the grill......Chicken tikka has always been my fave ......I am going to bed now I am knackered ....But I will tell u What happened when I ran chicken Tikka as my Lunch special on monday .......tomorrow Smile
Twirley

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love chicken Tikka Masala - and your pic looks delicious. Will definitely try this out. Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Aja's Kitchen All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: