Chicken-and-Brie Sandwich with Roasted Cherry Tomatoes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:15 pm    Post subject: Chicken-and-Brie Sandwich with Roasted Cherry Tomatoes Reply with quote

I have been on a sandwich Trip recently .....Both here at home .....and for daily lunch specials at work .....So for the next few days I will be Posting a few different sarnies Smile This one I have been making for years .....I had the recipe on a page from a magazine for ever but i lost it last week .....and then JOY i found it on line Very Happy

Chicken-and-Brie Sandwich with Roasted Cherry Tomatoes

A good balsamic vinegar makes all the difference in the roasted tomatoes, whose heat will immediately melt the soft Brie. There's no need to cut the rind off the Brie, since it's edible.

Ingredients

1 teaspoon olive oil
2 cups halved cherry tomatoes (about 1 pound)
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper

1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon whole-grain Dijon mustard
1 garlic clove, minced

1 (16-ounce) loaf French bread, cut in half horizontally
4 ounces Brie cheese, sliced
3 cups shredded cooked chicken breast (about 1 pound)

2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
kosher salt
2 cups fresh spinach

Preparation
Preheat oven to 300°.
Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add tomatoes; cook 4 minutes, stirring once. Remove from heat; stir in 2 tablespoons vinegar. Sprinkle tomatoes with thyme, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper. Wrap handle of pan with foil; bake at 300° for 15 minutes. Keep warm.

Combine mayonnaise, mustard, and garlic in a small bowl. Spread mayonnaise mixture evenly over top half of bread loaf. Spoon tomatoes evenly over bottom half of loaf. Arrange Brie over tomatoes; top with chicken. Combine 2 teaspoons oil, 1 teaspoon vinegar, and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add spinach, tossing gently to coat. Top chicken with spinach mixture; replace top half of bread. Cut loaf into 6 pieces.

from cooking light ......ps this will feed 4 to 6 people ....depending on how hungry You are Smile
11antoniacourt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!

I'm making it tomorrow night. Good balsamic AND mayonnaise in the same sandwich. My ship has come in.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is it that I've just eaten my supper and I'm hungry again after reading this??? That sounds like a great sarnie Aja..... I just wish I was able to eat brie. I'm looking forward to your other recipes!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Aja's Kitchen All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: