My Fake Baby

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Full shows (streaming)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:03 pm    Post subject: My Fake Baby Reply with quote

My Fake Baby

I watched this late last night and was hooked right into it. It's the strangest story I've seen about people replacing humans with rubber effigies - in my book it's right up there with those life-size sex dolls on the creepy scale. Both the husbands of the women involved looked utterly unconvinced - one of them was snapped at for calling it a doll and not a baby...

There's a report about them on today's Richard and Judy, so I'll add that in when it's ready.
Axlsbabe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i watched parts of the first show and just didn;t really know what to make of it.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a forum dedicated to them...

http://www.rebornangels.co.uk/v2/index.php
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched the three minute clip and I think I'm going to be hooked also - cheers for pointing this out - I'll grab it later.
Bob

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

speaking of, has anyone seen that movie about the bloke who got a fake doll as a girlfriend? I can't remember the name, but it has been nominated for a oscar for something like comedy or screenplay...
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not heard about that Bob - sounds like it could be good (or awful!) though
shillax

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's always going to be someone tapping into mental illness and making money out of it. Some women who feel they have nothing left when their real children have grown and flown the nest descend into loneliness and depression because of it. They feel like they don't have anything else to do anymore. They feel worthless. Then here comes along an opportunist who makes life-like looking babies so that these depressed women can relive a time when they felt needed.

These women don't need life-like looking babies, they need psychological help.
Griffo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These sell for loads on eBay.

They look stupidly real, too.

faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Police smash their way into car to rescue baby on a hot day... only to discover a DOLL
29th July 2011

When police heard reports of a baby trapped in a car, they rushed to rescue it. And on realising that the only way to get into the car would be to break a window, they quickly did their duty. But moments later, they were embarrassed to realise that the baby they had gone to such lengths to save was in fact a doll. The police caused £200 damage to the car in order to save Sam, a doll so lifelike it even has anatomically correct veins.

Mother-of-three Victoria Cristofis bought the 'Reborn' doll for her daughter Chanel's birthday in June. But within a month the doll - which looks and even smells almost exactly like a real baby - has caused all manner of confusion in Worksop, Nottinghamshire.

Ms Cristofis says people have accosted her when shopping and accused her of mistreating a real baby, and petted it as if it was real - even before the police became involved. She said: 'Chanel is absolutely inseparable from this doll, she takes it everywhere and in just a month it's caused all sorts of problems. It's becoming a bit of a celebrity in Worksop. I was in the supermarket and Chanel was shaking Sam around, and a woman came up to me practically shouting and asking what sort of mother I was allowing my baby to be ragged about like that. I had to explain to her that it wasn't real. She didn't believe me at first then she inspected it and realised it was a doll. We ended up having a laugh about it.

'Sometimes Chanel carries the doll around in a little Moses basket and swings the basket around like kids do. We will be walking down the street and people will look on in horror. It is amazing, there's no detail left out. It's not just the way it looks, although it's so realistic it even has veins. When you pick it up it flops a bit just like a real baby, and they even make it smell like a real baby.'

Victoria lives with partner Anastasi and their three children - Paris, seven, five-year-old Chanel and Jayden, two. The toy does not move of its own accord, like some dolls, although it does have a magnetic dummy. She added: 'Chanel dropped the doll in the car and it ended up in the footwell. Someone, we don't know who, rang the police and they had to break the rear driver's side window to get it. Anastasi wasn't too happy with the state of his car afterwards and was worried the police wouldn't pay for the damage, although eventually they said they would. Now we are just laughing about it really, it's a good tale to tell our family and friends. I can't separate Chanel from Sam but I am a bit worried about what's going to happen next. She's only had her a month and already the police have been involved, I'm just wondering what's next.'
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Full shows (streaming) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: