GEORGE GALLOWAY APPEARING ON NEWSNIGHT TONIGHT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pretty much yes. In my experience the Holocaust deniers tend to be more interested in proving that the exact statisics aren't genuine (thereby throwing the hint of distrust in general) which seems a wholly pointless exercise - does it really matter if it was six million people killed or half that or even less?

It's like arguing over the exact power of the nuclear bomb that landed on Nagasaki when the important fact is that it was done deliberately and designed to kill as many as possible.
Mandy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On that logic, how about banning 911 "truth seekers" (i.e. ones who don't believe the government line) .. after all, their arguments would throw the hint of distrust, and make people start to wonder what else the government is lying about, including the history of the Holocaust.

Indeed, there are people who have advocated lumping 911 conspiracy theorists with anti-semites and holocaust deniers.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 9-11 people aren't trying to say that it didn't happen, but that it was caused by other methods than the official line - that's a big difference.

Fact is though, a fair amount of 9-11 people are rabid anti-semites and as I mentioned earlier, many have become so because of their inability to understand the bigger picture.

That doesn't stop me doubting the official story - but it certainly makes me careful about associating with them directly.
Mandy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
The 9-11 people aren't trying to say that it didn't happen, but that it was caused by other methods than the official line - that's a big difference.

Playing the devil's advocate, is that what "some" Holocaust deniers are saying : That the 6 million dead was caused by starvation and diseases and not the gas chambers? Or if the death were by the gas chambers, then who knew what, who ordered it and who turned a blind eye to it ?
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, all of which brings me back to the point about 'exact statisics'. Whatever happened, the Nazi government caused the deaths of millions - there's no question of that, but the anti-semites latch onto uncertainties in order to attack the Jewish victims again.
Salim201

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isn't it just to be accepted that we're prone to apply universal formulae in our pursuit to understand the worlds problems, we don't like not having meaning, religion comes into this aswell. The problem is the more an established consensus is forced the more radical these conspiracists become when the consensus breaks down because all discussion and debate is maginalised/ignored
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A new debate about 9/11 and conspiracies - moderated by David Frum...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: