GEORGE GALLOWAY APPEARING ON NEWSNIGHT TONIGHT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's David Frum on 'The Daily Show' from Tuesday. I've no idea how long this clip will survive...

major.tom
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the cap, faceless. Should be informative & entertaining
Mandy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
The Galloway video seems to be pretty popular... on youtube it's had about 500 views and here on http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a22_1199950485 another 500, which isn't bad at all for a political news clip.

Also picked up by Ron Paul supporters .. which then got "dugg" :

http://digg.com/politics/George_Galloway_V_David_Frum
Salim201

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you want to understand why these neo-conservatives absolutely hate what ron paul stands for, its because dr paul's the opposite of a crazed utopian who thinks central government can rid the world of all evils, and that you can legislate away social ills. let us be clear, if guliani becomes president we're looking at a century of conflict and terror worse than the last, which was unprecedented in history. the whole notion of preventive war will tip the balance and its scary!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Galloway mentioned the Newsnight clip on youtube tonight, so it will be interesting to see how many extra hits that gives it.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was looking at the information clearing house thread which featured this video and in reading the comments it's pretty sickening to read people attacking Frum is because he is Jewish and apparently 'effiminate'. I've had to remove quite a few comments like this from the original version that I uploaded to youtube - but clearly the people who run ICH think freedom of speech is more important than ignorance and bigotry.

Salim201

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

who's "frum's guy", guliani?
nekokate

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salim201 wrote:
who's "frum's guy", guliani?

He is advising him, yes.
nekokate

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
... it's pretty sickening to read people attacking Frum is because he is Jewish and apparently 'effiminate'. I've had to remove quite a few comments like this from the original version that I uploaded to youtube - but clearly the people who run ICH think freedom of speech is more important than ignorance and bigotry.

I take the same view as ICH on my YouTube comments - I only ever delete off-topic SPAM. I think it actually helps viewers understand which side is in the right when all the negative, right-wing comments are from illiterate morons. Having said that, the people posting on ICH are supposedly left-wing, which is disappointing, but that's what happpens when people take things too far - they become anti-Semites and start believing that Israel runs the world, etc. Morally speaking, they're as bad as neo-cons.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the atttitude I have is borne out of running a comedy night a few years back - if people heckled and were entertaining then that's part of the fun, but if they're just throwing out insults then they should be removed.

You're right about so many people blaming Israel for everything. I swear the people who blaim 'the jews' are just incapable of accepting that their own politicians are equally, or even more so, to blame and it's always easier to blame a foreigner as you can claim the emotive ground of national pride and defence as your reasoning.

Why don't they just say that everyone (including the politicians they support) at the top is corrupt? I think it's because they believe that they'd be different, which, of course they wouldn't.
Mandy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nekokate wrote:
they become anti-Semites and start believing that Israel runs the world, etc.

Someone who believies Israel runs the world might be called an anti-zionist or a anti-neo-con .. but why anti-semite ?
nekokate

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mandy wrote:
nekokate wrote:

Someone who believies Israel runs the world might be called an anti-zionist or a anti-neo-con .. but why anti-semite ?

Well, re-read what I actually said: "... they become anti-Semites and start believing that Israel runs the world, etc."

Your avatar is wearing glasses and holding a pumpkin, but you wouldn't say "What've glasses got to do with pumpkins?" would you?
Salim201

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nekokate wrote:
Mandy wrote:
nekokate wrote:

Well, re-read what I actually said: "... they become anti-Semites and start believing that Israel runs the world, etc."

Your avatar is wearing glasses and holding a pumpkin, but you wouldn't say "What've glasses got to do with pumpkins?" would you?

you did imply that the two go together. But the whole notion that zionist lobbyist exert a lot of influence (as is their right) is not unfounded and it doens't degenerate into bigorty to make the point, its an oppressive PC culture that denounces it, and I think its unhelpful. Norm Finkelstein has mentioned the ethnic jewish factor in American politics and culture, meirshiemer and waltz also wrote a paper on the Israel lobby. But the argument does become a red herring and isn't really relevant, not to say it has some relevance and isn't completely unfounded.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen people on some conspiracy sites go from merely anti-zionist to anti-semite. They get caught up in the hugeness of it all and can only come to one conclusion that makes sense to them - 'the Jews run the world'. This is why I don't take part on those sites anymore, even though I did enjoy the other areas of discussion.
Mandy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
I've seen people on some conspiracy sites go from merely anti-zionist to anti-semite. They get caught up in the hugeness of it all and can only come to one conclusion that makes sense to them - 'the Jews run the world'. This is why I don't take part on those sites anymore, even though I did enjoy the other areas of discussion.

Does this line of observation support the banning of BNP speeches and holocaust 'deniers', i.e. that they lay the ground work for someone to slip into irrational extremism from the current reality ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: