How to make and upload a torrent using uTorrent
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Tech news, tips and help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: How to make and upload a torrent using uTorrent Reply with quote

It's a bit easier to make a torrent using uTorrent, as there's only one step in the initial process and it is this...

Select your file or directory, make sure the correct announce url is included correctly,
Code:
http://www.couchtripper.com/t4//announce.php

then click "create and save as", remembering where the file is saved.

Ok, now you have the torrent ready you should go to the "upload torrent" page on the tracker where you'll see this...

Arrow 1 is the selector for the torrent file that you just made. As you'll see, the address is the same as the place where I saved the torrent earlier...

Arrow 2 is the name of the torrent and you need to type/copy it in.

Arrow 3 is the description. If it's a show that is obviously not really needing a description then just the name will do, but if it's something that isn't obvious please make sure you write a bit about it.

Arrow 4 is the category and needs to be selected.

Once you have done all that is necessary you should click on "upload torrent". If it's all correct you will then see this on the page...

You MUST then open the torrent from the link at the arrow. Ok, that's about it - you should now be seeding and within a few seconds the torrent should appear on the front page.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for this Face. Once things settle down, I'll see what I can do about uploading some stuff. Thanks for the instructions!
Gasman59
Resident Ghost Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm doing it step by step and get this error after this step

This is the error I'm getting.

Error: ID not found

You can't download, if you don't tell me what you want!

I'm trying to upload the Most Haunted Theme Extended version. I have both the file and the torrent file in the same folder. I just don't understand what the Hell I'm doing wrong ???? Crying
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gasman59 wrote:
I'm doing it step by step and get this error after this step

This is the error I'm getting.

Error: ID not found

You can't download, if you don't tell me what you want!

I'm trying to upload the Most Haunted Theme Extended version. I have both the file and the torrent file in the same folder. I just don't understand what the Hell I'm doing wrong ???? Crying

Wish I could help you Gasman, but I'll be watching to see the solution in case it happens to me. Good luck
Ally
'Taffia'

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had that error once Gasman. It turns out I was pointing to the wrong file to save, when it opened up to seed.

There may be other reasons for the error but more than likely it's a simple mistake.

I was able to go to my profile and see torrents I had uploaded and get it seeding from there because I had already closed the page that said, click here. I did get that one going, once I saved it to the right file...oops. Smile

Hope you can find out what caused your error and keep trying. Alternatively you could delete that one and start again.

Good on you for making the effort! clap clap
Gasman59
Resident Ghost Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did it !!!!!! I didn't click on the button this time, I right clicked and opened in a new window and "Whamo Blamo" it seeded !!!!
Damn it feels good !!!!!

Thank you Face and Irish for putting up with my annoying whinning because I couldn't figure it out !! I'm sorry you two for having to put up with me !!! Embarassed

Thank you Ally and eefanincan for the support.

God I feel like a million bucks !!!!
Smile
Ally
'Taffia'

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Gasman!! thumbs It does feel great when it all works and it's great to share. Hope others are inspired and will challenge themselves to try.

Well done! clap clap clap
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please forgive my novice questions (I'm all self-taught when it comes to the computer)..........

Your uTorrent instructions are great, what I'm wondering is how do I know which files off of the DVD that I need? Don't I need to put the DVD through some process/program before I can upload it to uTorrent?

If someone could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.
Gasman59
Resident Ghost Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eefanincan wrote:
Please forgive my novice questions (I'm all self-taught when it comes to the computer)..........

Your uTorrent instructions are great, what I'm wondering is how do I know which files off of the DVD that I need? Don't I need to put the DVD through some process/program before I can upload it to uTorrent?

If someone could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

I just open up the DVD files on the computer and click on each one till I find the file I want.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll start a separate thread about making rips, this thread is meant to be about dealing with files you've already got waiting and ready...
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
I'll start a separate thread about making rips, this thread is meant to be about dealing with files you've already got waiting and ready...

Thanks Face. guess I've just got to get them ready and waiting now Very Happy
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope someone can help.......

I've been trying to upload a torrent that I've created and I get through the process fairly smoothly until I click the upload button on the tracker..... it says it's uploading it to the tracker then stays like this for a good 10 or 15 mnutes then says "done" only there's nothing on the tracker.

I've been following the same process that's listed here and that I used before to cap a show....... so if anyone can offer some words of wisdom, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it sounds like you're trying to upload the actual file rather than the torrent... an easy mistake to make
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
it sounds like you're trying to upload the actual file rather than the torrent... an easy mistake to make

Ah....... I'll give it another go. Thanks!
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="eefanincan"][quote="faceless"]it sounds like you're trying to upload the actual file rather than the torrent... an easy mistake to make[/quote]

Ah....... I'll give it another go. Thanks![/quote]

OK, I've given it another go and just can't seem to get it to upload. I even erased the file and recoded it again but wouldn't seem to work. Could it have anything to do the actual disc? I have no clue but it's just a thought.

I'll give something else a try next week, jsut wondering if anyone had any ideas though. Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Tech news, tips and help All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: